• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

K-Mart Independence

Jim40Cal

Went shopping with the wife Friday night at K Mart (291 & 24 hiway) to buy a mower and while the wife was clothes shopping I noticed a tall man (6'2") and a short (5'6") man in about every aisle. When she was done we went to the other end of the store (There stands short man) and got a lawn mower and set it on top of the basket and proceded to the check out. As we got to the check out I looked up and guess who is standing at the end of the counter. We ignored them paid our $224.00 and left. Just to let you know you'll be followed if you open carry there. I for one if followed a second time will take my money somewhere else.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Just to let you know you'll be followed if you open carry there.

In the modern day words of my students "Comb on daaawg, git yo self unlocked" lol, I loved that one when I heard it.

My only point, turn the tables next time, turn and begin following him. Now when he calls the cops to report said "following" give the cop the "Comb on daaawg, git yo self unlocked. dis is katie mart, he du manager, ya see what I sayin, he be gonna run dem blue light specials and I just wants ta be first dawg"

Now while this may or may not be appealing, if you have your wife video it and are over 40 looking normal it might go viral on youtube and you can show it to your kids etc etc.

The idea being you get to have some fun and go home in a great mood and he gets more exposure of his idiocy with a comical slant!

At least that way if you do not return to k-fart you at least have the satisfaction of getting tossed out and asked not to come back instead.

Never mind me, feeling a lot twisted today and looking forward to some laughs! I hope Tony does sport his alternative clothing tonight!!!

Jim40Cal

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in
hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
that prompted you to contact us. We apologize that your recent visit to
our store was not a pleasant one.

We would like to assist you. To do so, we need some additional
information. Please reply and provide us with your name, phone number
and the location (city,state and zip code) of the store you visited.

Once again, we sincerely apologize that your recent visit to our store
was not a pleasant one. We appreciate your business and value you as a
Sears Holdings customer.

sohighlyunlikely

Loss prevention guys can be odd.

I have OC'ed at the K-Mart in Bridgeton at least a dozen times without any issues. I did have a loss prevention guy circle me like he was a hula hoop at a walmart in Lake St Louis. And the one from Bass Pro followed me like a shadow.

Doc

Jim40Cal

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

We appreciate your choice in shopping with us.

I understand that you have enjoyed shopping at Kmart for years and I see that you had contacted us earlier since you had a bad shopping experience at BIG KMART STORE 4427 16200 EAST US HWY 24 INDEPENDENCE, MO 64056 (816)257-1600. I can certainly understand the way you feel. I know, this experience can be frustrating and I apologize for putting you in a situation like this. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. You’re a valued customer and we’re committed to providing you with the best service possible.

All comments, suggestions, contributions and indeed all feedback from our Kmart.com customers are very important to us. Please know that our management team reviews feedback submitted by our customers and that many of the changes and additions on our website have been as a result of feedback from our customers.

We're always looking for ways in which we can improve and we look forward to meeting your needs in the future.

We are here for you! Please reply should you have any further questions. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. You can also contact us on our customer service number 1-800-733-7249 or login to our chat support. Have a wonderful day!

We certainly hope you will continue to make Kmart your choice for quality and value!

Coach Ike

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

We appreciate your choice in shopping with us.

I understand that you have enjoyed shopping at Kmart for years and I see that you had contacted us earlier since you had a bad shopping experience at BIG KMART STORE 4427 16200 EAST US HWY 24 INDEPENDENCE, MO 64056 (816)257-1600. I can certainly understand the way you feel. I know, this experience can be frustrating and I apologize for putting you in a situation like this. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. You’re a valued customer and we’re committed to providing you with the best service possible.

All comments, suggestions, contributions and indeed all feedback from our Kmart.com customers are very important to us. Please know that our management team reviews feedback submitted by our customers and that many of the changes and additions on our website have been as a result of feedback from our customers.

We're always looking for ways in which we can improve and we look forward to meeting your needs in the future.

We are here for you! Please reply should you have any further questions. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. You can also contact us on our customer service number 1-800-733-7249 or login to our chat support. Have a wonderful day!

We certainly hope you will continue to make Kmart your choice for quality and value!

It still sounds like no one has read your complaint, but are just sending out the generic apology. I would really like to see them respond in detail about your experience and their thoughts on the issue.

Big Boy

That sounds like a form letter they send to anyone. It doesn't even address the issue.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
File 13

Sounds like your typical non-answer at best.

I would not dispair over it much, a lot of mail likely hits that box and they have an auto-responder send it. They will sometimes in more valid cases (their opinions of valid apply) someone will take the lead and actually follow up.

To be honest, I do not expect as much, but as I said earlier unlock yo self its all good!

Jim40Cal

I decided not to drop it so here is my last question: So does this mean the wife and I will be followed every time we shop at
K-Mart? What is your gun policy at K-Mart?? James

There answer: Dear James,

hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
that prompted you to contact us.

Our corporate policy regarding customers who openly carry firearms on
our store premises is that as long as the law of the state, in which our
store is located, legally permits the open carrying of firearms (i.e.
carrying a firearm on one's person in plain sight), customers will be
permitted to openly carry firearms within our stores.

By sharing your concerns, you have enabled us to provide feedback to the
appropriate person. Truly, your remarks provide forthright feedback
that will enable Sears to achieve excellence in everything we do.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Dylan C.
National Customer Relations
Sears Holdings Corp.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Well, at least they have confirmed their official policy as being in our favor. As for why their security guys were following you maybe they were just bored... Seriously though, are you planning to go back to that Kmart? Did you speak directly to the manager of that specific store?

Coach Ike

Since they finally mentioned the open carry, I would take a copy of that response with you to kmart to show the manager if/when they harrass you. good luck and I hope there is no issues at all the next trip.

Jim40Cal

Another reply from Kmart:

Dear James,

hearing from our customers.

We are happy to hear that your concern was addressed and resolved to
your satisfaction. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist
you.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your
business and value you as a Sears Holdings customer. We certainly hope
you will continue to make Sears Holdings your choice for quality and
value.