• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Komo News - Citizen takes down gunman after shooting in Skyway

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
1245A Defender you bring up a very important point and everyone should consider, what do you really know before coming involved in an use of force or deadly force incident.
While one might try and stand on the issue of knowing what you knew up to that time issue but as mentioned later, what if the situation was just the opposite of what you perceived as with an off duty officer or detective making an arrest to some distorted couple playing out some rape fantasy of theirs in a semi public place.
Granted one will have to assess with available information as to actions and what is being said at that moment to determine to act or not.

In training that I have taken it has been recommended unless you know all the circumstances it may well be best to protect you and yours.

Dave Workman

Is "FACE DOWN M@#$%@F#$%ER OR I'LL CAP YO @$$" an appropriate verbal command?

Yeah, if you're a cop in Canton, Ohio....maybe

:)

Embattled Brits buy bats, Gottlieb touts 2A, Skyway Samaritan speaks

As London descends into anarchy and British citizens are reportedly buying American-made aluminum baseball bats by the bushel, Bellevue’s Alan Gottlieb says the situation shows a need in civilized society for the right to keep and bear arms.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ats-gottlieb-touts-2a-skyway-samaritan-speaks

Dave Workman

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
And he was a microsoft nerd too. He was even wearing a Star Wars shirt at the time. I think that he did a good job. The officer that was being interviewed said (When we got here the suspect was searched, in handcuffs and sitting down on the curb). I don't think that it could have gone much better than that.

http://kotaku.com/5830253/bungie-staffer-brings-down-shooting-suspect-with-handcuffs

Dad was a former police officer and he was a former security guard. And the scumspect complied with his orders, Stop, Get on the Ground.... Helps explain the handcuffs.

5o56x45

1245A Defender you bring up a very important point and everyone should consider, what do you really know before coming involved in an use of force or deadly force incident.
While one might try and stand on the issue of knowing what you knew up to that time issue but as mentioned later, what if the situation was just the opposite of what you perceived as with an off duty officer or detective making an arrest to some distorted couple playing out some rape fantasy of theirs in a semi public place.
Granted one will have to assess with available information as to actions and what is being said at that moment to determine to act or not.

In training that I have taken it has been recommended unless you know all the circumstances it may well be best to protect you and yours.

You can always "What If" any situation to death.