• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KTP offically OC friendly

summerof95

Doesn't look like anyone else has posted this...

As of 22 JUN 2010, the Kittery Trading Post is officially OC friendly. They released a letter stating that their store policy will now reflect state law.

(I tried to post this earlier, but the forum was down)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Doesn't look like anyone else has posted this...

As of 22 JUN 2010, the Kittery Trading Post is officially OC friendly. They released a letter stating that their store policy will now reflect state law.

(I tried to post this earlier, but the forum was down)

Your welcome:

kitteryOCpolicy.jpg

jay75009

now that makes me happy!. Now we just have to find a way to get Cabella's to do the same. Their official policy is not to encourage or support OC. But even the guys at the Gun Cabinet do support it, i was asked yesterday by a NRA instructor that works there "if you open carry, where is your gun?" i then had to explain to him that the loss prevention guys kicked me out for OC in Cabella's..............his reaction i will not put on here for there were too many harsh and vulgar words used :p

but we have one more place that we wont be harassed now and that to me is a good thing :)

boyscout399

actually cabelas official policy is very oc friendly. they have a corporate printed stanchion sign in the lobby saying oc or cc is fine in their stores.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
now that makes me happy!. Now we just have to find a way to get Cabella's to do the same. Their official policy is not to encourage or support OC. But even the guys at the Gun Cabinet do support it, i was asked yesterday by a NRA instructor that works there "if you open carry, where is your gun?" i then had to explain to him that the loss prevention guys kicked me out for OC in Cabella's..............his reaction i will not put on here for there were too many harsh and vulgar words used :p

but we have one more place that we wont be harassed now and that to me is a good thing :)

If you were asked to leave Cabella's for OCing by loss prevention personnel, you did get their names and reported it, right?

I am confused too - what does being "kicked out" of Cabella's have to do with your not having a gun when you were talking to the instructor?

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate

I've talked to the manager personally and OC is allowed in the store... this is why you talk to a manager and not just some person that works there. The employees don't always know the stores stance on things.