• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO wants to argue his anti-OC point on my OC journal thread

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
I was a little surprised this was posted:
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/6567-open-carry-luzerne-co-particulary-mtn-top-wilkes-barre-page-3.html#post79094

Is it me or is this ironic that an LEO makes a perfect case of what's wrong with some LEO's?

I don't see anything wrong with the exchange of opinions. Couple of guys are dubious about the value of OC and some people support it.

One guy got accused of being "condescending" but I think he was just stating his point of view. Which was biased, of course. And wrong. But hardly condescending.

You know, you never know when a discussion or argument might break out in a discussion forum!

I favor OC, so I'm not buying the LEO's arguments. But he does have a point about potential disarming of an OCer. We had someone here on this forum who was disarmed forcibly a while back. Luckily it was just a security guard who just walked up to a OCer and took his gun away from him. If it had been a bad guy, it would have been bad.

Hey, if during a discussion about something that interests many discussants, someone disagrees, then that's generally a good thing. Then, the side that has the best logic, the best premises, the best arguments will prevail. The good ideas will float to the top, like cream. The bad ideas will fall away.

You just HAD to remind me:cry:

Thanks ALOT HankT...:what:

As I read Your Post I just had a "war" Flash-back of that moment. I thought that my Memory had Erased this Experience, but I was wrong cuz my Blood Pressure just Jumped sky high.:lol:

Yes. I have been back to the same Store at SEVERAL occasions and no Security/Cop-wanna-be "assulting" me and violating ANY of my rights. Not EVEN a LEO.

I carried a 44Mag Ruger Vaquero 5'5 in a Triple K Deluxe holster with a matching Gunbelt. I did not really do anything cuz I did not want a possible "assulting an Officer" charge hanging in the Air. I saw him coming at me but I didn't feel that a shoot-out would have been the answer either.

I will see if I can find the Link....

Here it is...What about the police seeing you?

CPL_in_WA

imported post

I know this might sound simple, but was the security guard armed?

If yes, what kind of security guard runs up to someone carrying a gun and attempts to disarm them?

If no, why not just rotate so your body is between the SG and your gun?

I'm guessing he might think twice about disarming you, if he would have touse physical force to accomplish his objective.

Just wondering...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Yes, he was armed.

Just a Glock 26:uhoh:.

His 9MM v.s my 44Mag:lol:. ( 2-3 of his is equal to 1 half of mine:lol:)

I just did NOT wanna make more of the situation than absolutely necessary.

Could you imaging me being dress in Wranglers, Cowboy Hat and Cowboy Boots being involved in Tussel/Shoot-out with a Glock ArmedSec Guard???:what:...:lol:

The News Channels would have had a Hay-Day with a "WILD WEST" shoot-out @ 5 o'clock News:lol:...:monkey...:lol:

CowBoy up, "Pistol" Pete:monkey

CPL_in_WA

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Yes, he was armed.

His 9MM v.s my 44Mag:lol:. ( 2-3 of his is equal to 1 half of mine:lol: )

Could you imaging me being dress in Wranglers, Cowboy Hat and Cowboy Boots being involved in Tussel/Shoot-out with a Glock ArmedSec Guard???:what:...:lol:

The News Channels would have had a Hay-Day with a "WILD WEST" shoot-out @ 5 o'clock News:lol:...:monkey...:lol:

Hay-Day :lol::lol::lol::lol:I got a laugh out of this one!

"Armed Citizen Puts Beat Down On Local Security Guard"

"Armed Security Guard Attempts To Disarm Law Abiding Citizen"

"High Noon! Armed Combatants Gun Each Other Down"

"Wild Wild West Goes Down In Local Store"

Ad infinitum...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

CPL_in_WA wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Yes, he was armed.

His 9MM v.s my 44Mag:lol:. ( 2-3 of his is equal to 1 half of mine:lol: )

Hay-Day :lol::lol::lol::lol:I got a laugh out of this one!

"Armed Citizen Puts Beat Down On Local Security Guard"

"Armed Security Guard Attempts To Disarm Law Abiding Citizen"

"High Noon! Armed Combatants Gun Each Other Down"

"Wild Wild West Goes Down In Local Store"

Ad infinitum...
ROTFLMAO:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Wanna know what draws unecessary attention? The report from the barrel of ahandgun ilegaly downing an innocent person.

I wear t-shirts with swear words and nudity on them half the time.. I wear chains, spikes, etc. I have tattoos. Do you think some dirt bag is gonna notice my glock before all of that?

Bigoted, 1 sided, unproven opinion...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
danbus wrote:
HankT wrote:
We had someone here on this forum who was disarmed forcibly a while back. Luckily it was just a security guard who just walked up to a OCer and took his gun away from him.
I'm sorry, I don't recall that incident, could you perhaps refresh my memory?
Yes, please do. The guy was obviously in condition white if it happened like that.
Guy from Utah. Going through a Wal-mart or other store. He was checking out and a guy walked up to him and just lifted his .44 magnum out of its holster. (Apparently no retention in the holster.) The taker turned out to be a security guard. Police were called. The OCer was given his gun back and released since he was perfectly legal. Take-ee was p*ssed.

Odd, that you all don't remember it. It was obviously a noteworthy occurence. And indisputably reported--by the take-ee.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Hank leaves out the part about the OC'er knowing the disarm (or attempt to disarm) was coming and he decided due to the circumstances to let it happen, and not resist.

This is important because Hank likes to bring this event up all the time out of context to prove a point.

nauss

imported post

As far as this LEO critizing OC. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Though he sounds pretty reasonable I just can't sit back and not lay it out.

The Story of the Magical Pistol - by Nauss

Once upon a time in a messed up country......

Lets think about this for a minute.

What makes a policeman "magically" justified and "allowed" to OC

with a pretty little badge on the belt???
I've met many LEO and some where good, some ok but a bunch were real :cuss:

Not wanting to bring character into the issue (oh forbid that) but it goes hand and hand with why they have magical rights that the vast majority do not.

Me? I can't stand the arrogance we face today. The heir of superiority and gross lack of basic knowledge of law makes today's LEO really look bad. The good ones that is.

I have outshot a police firearms instructor, know more law then a former Chief of police "friend" of mine and have over 22 years (of my 28) EXTENSIVE use and experience shooting.

I own a Class3 weapon and have been checked by: FBI, TBI, ATF, Sheriff, KPD, and NCIC.

Other than a mental eval from a "police pyschologist" I have

as much.....stratch that........more firearms"training" and experience then about 90-95% of all police officers in this country.

I have been proven to know the laws (not just with guns) with superior accuracy time and time again.

So, what is the magic "thing" that makes them "just" in carrying EVERYWHERE and openly at that?!?!?

I'll tell you.

Corruption, no justiceand your.....OUR rights flying out the back window.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

massltca

imported post

Drewesque wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
Being forcibly disarmed would be kind of difficult if you have the right holster.
Never rely on "the right holster." Retention training is the better bet, and alertness is always necessary. When you start feeling too safe with the high-retention holster, you let your guard down. As with any part of gun safety, the primary safety device is you.
Better yet pay attention and don't let anyone get close enough to disarm you.

nauss

imported post

massltca wrote:
Drewesque wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
Being forcibly disarmed would be kind of difficult if you have the right holster.
Never rely on "the right holster." Retention training is the better bet, and alertness is always necessary. When you start feeling too safe with the high-retention holster, you let your guard down. As with any part of gun safety, the primary safety device is you.
Better yet pay attention and don't let anyone get close enough to disarm you.

Get a level II retention holster from Blackhawk (like I did).

It is cop-proof since none of them know how to work it.:lol:

crossfireltd

imported post

HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
danbus wrote:
HankT wrote:
We had someone here on this forum who was disarmed forcibly a while back. Luckily it was just a security guard who just walked up to a OCer and took his gun away from him.
I'm sorry, I don't recall that incident, could you perhaps refresh my memory?
Yes, please do. The guy was obviously in condition white if it happened like that.
Guy from Utah. Going through a Wal-mart or other store. He was checking out and a guy walked up to him and just lifted his .44 magnum out of its holster. (Apparently no retention in the holster.) The taker turned out to be a security guard. Police were called. The OCer was given his gun back and released since he was perfectly legal. Take-ee was p*ssed.

Odd, that you all don't remember it. It was obviously a noteworthy occurence. And indisputably reported--by the take-ee.
Why did the SG try to take this persons side arm, was he threatened by it? Or did he just figured that he wanted to play "REAL LEO that day? Did he think that this person was going to pay for his items/groceries first and then rob the place? Or did he just suffer from "Cerebral Rectal Displacement"?