• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lori Haas lies again, gets caught by Richmond Times Dispatch editors.

Old Virginia Joe

VT had a unique defense opportunity!

Read about Holly Adams whose daughter, Leslie, was a victim at VT.

"Speaking for myself, I would give anything if someone on campus; a
professor, one of the TRAINED MILITARY OR GUARDSMAN TAKING CLASSES or
another student could have saved my daughter by shooting Cho before he
killed our loved ones. Because professors, staff and students are
precluded from protecting themselves on campus, Cho, a student at
Virginia Tech himself, was able to simply walk on campus and go on a
killing rampage with no worry that anyone would stop him."

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=6619361

VT has a unique, natural POTENTIAL advantage in these "shooter" situations. It is the now >1,000 military cadet "Corps of Cadets" on campus, who sit in the same classes, in uniform, along with the civilian student body, every day of the academic year! These are mostly ROTC future officers, who at least by senior and junior year, are already trained in the use of arms, and are headed to combat in the near future. These young patriots are certainly capable of carrying handguns and would have been able to stop Cho had they been allowed to carry. In fact, one of these disarmed cadets was killed in the massacre action that day! This is not like ROTC at most colleges. This is a FULL TIME 24/7 program, on campus, with dedicated barracks/dorms, like having a VMI within the otherwise civilian university. Only Texas A&M and VT are set up like this. Many of these cadets are current members of the Reserve and National Guard. Why is this unique student group not used in this way? If no one else is armed, the cadets certainly could be. I spent four years in the Corps of Cadets myself there at VT. I'm telling you facts. These are cream of the crop young men and women. Many of them are on academic scholarships. These are serious, mature young people. This is a missed opportunity there, even today. The general public is not aware of this situation there at VT. I have now made all of you aware. Google VTCC at Virginia Tech.