• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Arrested For Drunken OC In Kenosha.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
What I think is important is that EVERYONE decide for themself what is best for them and weigh the consequences of their actions with the benefits of their actions.

Amen to that! I wish Society would use that type of thinking more than banning or restricting. I would never carry a gun even after one beer, not because I don't trust myself but to avoid other things. But thats just speaking for myself, and I wouldn't want to put restrictions on others only based off of what i'd do. I honestly believe it should be a personal desicion... they always may be consequences to your desicions though.

Ben

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

PT111 wrote:
About the sleeping while driving. I wish there was some test for that. On I-95 in SC mear mile marker 150 there have been a large number of accidents. A few years ago withing one week there were two different accidents involving drivers falling to sleep while driving a van with their families. In both cases it involved families from NY going to a fumeral in FL. A total of 15 people were killed. Both times about 1:00 am and they had driven from NY. It is about a 12 hour drive from NY to this location and people just do not stop when they are sleepy. Within about a 10 mile stretch I would be willing to bet that there have been more than 50 deaths due to falling asleep. Yes it is much more dangerous than drinking and driving but would you want to try and be the prosecuter forsomeone for driving while sleepy? How in the world are you going to convince a jury that they were sleepy until they have an accident.

I have been on the jury for DUI cases and a test of .08 is not automatic. However there was much discussion in the jury room about whether or not they were imparied. It was not an easy decision. Some we found guilty and some not-guilty. The ones we found guity were a hazzard on the streets no matter what the BAC level. The others we felt sorry for. :?
Back several years ago, before OTR drivers were limited to the hours they could legally drive per day, it was illegal to catch somesleep in rest area's and along the interstate ramps.
Now that a guy can catch some sleep in the rest area's, there isless of anexcuse for sleepy driving.
I am guilty of being overly tired and driving, and since rockstar energy drinks has a few coffee flavored drinks that taste good, I slurp a few of those and I am ready to swim the Atlantic.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BJA wrote:
hugh jarmis wrote:
What I think is important is that EVERYONE decide for themself what is best for them and weigh the consequences of their actions with the benefits of their actions.

Amen to that! I wish Society would use that type of thinking more than banning or restricting. I would never carry a gun even after one beer, not because I don't trust myself but to avoid other things. But thats just speaking for myself, and I wouldn't want to put restrictions on others only based off of what i'd do. I honestly believe it should be a personal desicion... they always may be consequences to your desicions though.

Ben
Here we all agree, there needs to be personal responsibility, not government interference. That goes for the "minimum hunting age" as well. That should be for the parent to decide, not the government.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

About the sleeping while driving. I wish there was some test for that. On I-95 in SC mear mile marker 150 there have been a large number of accidents.
Well sure there have. There are many accidents for many reasons. And people who have accidents and are at fault should suffer the consequences.

But rather than say "no driving when you are sleeping" and make everyone live by these rediculous arbitrary one-size-fits-all rules, why don't we prosecute an actual behavior. Does it matter if you cross the centerline because you are tired or because you are drunk or because you are texting? No. So whats with all the stupid rules.

Cross the centerline and a cop see's it, you should be off the road. I don't care if you are tired or drunk.

But here's whats going to happen. They come up with a "tired test" and lets say its a 1 to 10 scale. 1 you are wide awake, 10, comatose.

And some dumb@ss politician is going to say "ok anything more than a 7" is a crime. Then a couple years later another dumb@ss politician is going to come along after a few 'sleepy-driving' accidents and say "hey, we need to get tough on tired driving and decide to make driving when you are a "5" a crime. When the reality is, a 5 for one is a 7 for another. One person can be fine when they are a 5 and the next person that is tired AND slow reflexes or distressed thinking about their life. I mean seriously. When is it gonna stop? If you want to make driving safer, ban billboards, ban road signs, ban radios, ban phones in cars. Ban having a crying kid in your car. Ban eating in your car. Ban driving on snow covered roads. I mean ban it all for christ sake.

OR we just say "you are responsible for any accident you cause" and hold people accountable or when a cop see's someone being dangerously unsafe, that needs to be off the road, they should do something. its a dangerous situation, but all these new rules. I don't care if itstexting, drunk, tired, changing the radio station, grabbing your kids nookie from the floor, masterbating while driving, crying about your ex-boyfriend while driving... I mean so what. Let people evaluate their actions and be responsible for the consequences.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I take it that the child was hit as in abuse not by gun fire. stupidity gets 1 nowhere.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/20046158/det,ail.html

AKAN TOWNSHIP, Wis. -- Richland County sheriff's deputies were involved in a fatal shooting on Monday night.

Deputies were sent to a residence in Akan Township just before 5 p.m. when a woman in the home reported an apparently drunk man firing a gun and hitting a child.

When officers arrived around 5:30 p.m., they were confronted by Douglas A. Lisney, 51, who was armed, according to the sheriff's department. Shots were fired and Linsey was killed. Lisney was pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities sealed off the scene and the state's Division of Criminal Investigation and the State Crime Lab were both called to help with the investigation.

Richland County Sheriff Darrell Berglin said that he expected the Wisconsin mobile Crime Lab personnel to wrap up their investigation at the scene later Tuesday but the full DCI investigation will take days to complete.

The three deputies involved have been placed on administrative leave, which the sheriff's department said is standard procedure whenever an officer is involved in a shooting.

The investigation is expected to last several days and will eventually be turned over to the Richland County district attorney and the coroner, according to authorities.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I bet this is a case someone hada video account of what actually happened.

Trigger-happy cops? or did the guy point the firearm at the cops.

and then we have this quote from the news article "Officials said the child who was reportedly stuck is fine." first it reads like the kid was shot, they changed the wording to say the kid was being beaten, and now it looks like the kid is a stabbing victim!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
OR we just say "you are responsible for any accident you cause" and hold people accountable or when a cop see's someone being dangerously unsafe, that needs to be off the road, they should do something. its a dangerous situation, but all these new rules. I don't care if itstexting, drunk, tired, changing the radio station, grabbing your kids nookie from the floor, masterbating while driving, crying about your ex-boyfriend while driving... I mean so what. Let people evaluate their actions and be responsible for the consequences.

A huge AMEN to that.

Sometimes people forget that with rights come responsibilities. People get caught up in their RIGHT to do this, that or the other thing but totally forget about their responsibility to others while exercising that right.

With every right comes a responsibility. In this case it's the responsibility to know how to safely use a firearm and to put it away when that is in jeopardy.

I used to trap-shoot 3 times a week and there would always be beer at the club. Every night we shot, the guns would be voluntarilly put away when their owners decided the beer was tasting pretty darn good.