• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Picnic-Lansing area Sept. 11th with charity fund raising.

TheQ

I'll be there. So make that TheQ+2 (my fiancée and her 10 year old).

I'll have my fiancée prepare her strawberry lush (strawberry, angel cake, and cool whip) dessert.

lil_freak_66

9159fdd6.jpg

Me and TheQ did this up,does anyone have any comments to make on it?
We will try and get a few printed and posted to local gun shops,sporting goods stores and OC friendly businesses before tuesday.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I will try to make an appearance, however, it is a work day (night) for me, as is the Friday night before that, so I can't guarantee I'll be there. May try to bring the kids, since it is a park. :)

lil_freak_66

Sorry about the double post...

Gordy Dibler,founder of the Fouty Foundation,says he will arrive between 3 and 3:30 likely,he will be bringing a 1/16th scale of the Memorial we are helping him raise funds to make.

autosurgeon

I will be bringing plates... BC I have a bunch left from another event ;D

And frozen burgers and buns... also condiments.

I will also bring banners, trifolds, keychains, pens, membership forms, and temp membership cards.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I'll have hot dog and buns covered. We need side dishes.

Also if someone has a couple of Frisbees bring them. I want to have a Frisbee toss competition to raise money for the charity.

Last edited:

Venator

Looks like rain after 3:00 PM. If it holds off until after then we should be okay for a couple of hours.

If it's raining at 1:00 pm we can meet at the park and perhaps go to the MSU Demmer Shooting range (nearby about 3 miles and easy to get to from the park.) and shoot, maybe the rain will stop after we are done shooting and we can go back to the park or go to a restaurant to eat.

http://www.demmercenter.msu.edu/

Golden Eagle

Only with the members. Otherwise you have to have a gaming Licence. We are working towards that but are not there yet.

The TEA Party of Kalamazoo has 50/50 drawings open for all. They found that as long as you don't advertise the drawing as a way to get people to show up it's legal.

lil_freak_66

Ran into a total firearms employee on the street today,he said he and another employee would stop by on lunch tommorow,bringing some ammo or something to auction off,if they actually will come,idk.but he said he would.

ill bring a few 2 liters,and possibly brownies.

If we go to the demmer shooting range,they do not allow carry inside of there and only .22 rimfire or smaller shooting....

Venator

Ran into a total firearms employee on the street today,he said he and another employee would stop by on lunch tommorow,bringing some ammo or something to auction off,if they actually will come,idk.but he said he would.

ill bring a few 2 liters,and possibly brownies.

If we go to the demmer shooting range,they do not allow carry inside of there and only .22 rimfire or smaller shooting....

My God you are right only .22s allowed?????? WTF. I called and it's a "training" center and MSU would only allow .22 and air guns. What a bunch of crap. And they want $1,100 for a yearly family membership.

Other suggestions for if it rains? I know they have pavilions, Tyler are they big enough to cover 30 people?

lil_freak_66

I was thinking of using the red tail pavilion for the picnic if possible,it should be available,it is by far the best pavilion they have.

375 person capacity,bathrooms, vending machines, several grills(being after labor day,bathroom and vending may not be available)

Volleyball court thing is right next to it also,i know Frisbee was talked about...

Upon entering the park,head to the rear,follow the little turn around thing,it will be right in front of you.

845b179d.jpg

Last edited: