• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to southern New Hampshire

Tactical9mm

Five months back in Connecticut was enough for me. New taxes, the war on the 2nd amendment, and the general political climate is sending me fleeing in horror to the North.

I'd like to wish everyone here the very best of luck. I'll still be reading these CT forums, and will occasionally jump into a thread. Being born and raised here gives me a vested interest in keeping up on how things are going.

You guys are pretty much all that prevents Connecticut from devolving into a New Jerseyesque nightmare. Praise to you all; Rich especially.

My final suggestion for the community is to work to repeal the 1999 State firearm seizure law, or at the very least get it challenged in the courts. As long as that unconstitutional obscenity remains on the books, no firearm owner in the State of Connecticut is safe from having their weapons taken from them.

In my opinion that is the biggest threat that lawfully armed citizens face today in Connecticut.

Last edited:

Ctclassic

Best of luck, Tact. A buddy of mine just moved up to Washington, NH. It's only a couple hour drive, not bad considering you don't put up with all (maybe some) of the B.S. up there...and, it's cheaper to live. Keep in touch.

KIX

I'll be up there myself in about five or so years. Want to wait until my son finishes school and starting in September, he'll be in 8th grade, so........ five more for me!

Born and raised here, but I can't friggin' take it no more (besides, I also just plain like NH).

Jonathan

Tactical9mm

I'm setting up shop in Manchester which gives me access to Concord, and Nashua commutes (if I'm not able to land work in Manchester).

I've been moving my stuff up there for the past few days. Today was the arsenal move, and let me tell you even though fully FOPA compliant for transporting, it makes a certain part of your body pucker up when you are driving through States like Massachusetts with "gear" in the trunk.

I had the same feeling when I was moving back to Connecticut after doing the cross country drive from Nevada. I had to drive through New York State via I-84 from Pennsylvania, and it was not a pleasant feeling.

I had no issues with either drive. I just obeyed all the traffic laws.

KIX

Save a spot for me.

But, I plan to move much farther north. Coös, Carroll, or Grafton counties are much more to my liking.

I'm with ya, I'm looking at the Jefferson area myself!

Jonathan

Fejrey616

Might be heading North myself

I may be heading that way myself the end of 2012 maybe early 2013. Looking at Littleton area. PA is still a possibility for me though, but I definitely DO NOT see any way I can ever retire in CT.

Tactical9mm

Littleton is really North. I was up there recently, just past the white mountain national forest and on the Vermont border. Great country, really quiet and peaceful.

PA is a nice state, but constitutional carry I'm not sure is going to be coming around over there anytime soon. Here in NH, it is coming very soon. There were a few issues recently with the NRA holding up the legislative bus on it, but it is an eventuality that will pass within a year by veto-proof majorities in both houses.

There is discussion now on capping property taxes, which is the only real nuisance about owning land or a house here. Aside from the property tax concerns, no sales or income taxes are both pluses.

Best of luck with your decision.