• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MySpace must not be gun friendly

david.ross

imported post

Yooper wrote:
Alaskan Shooter wrote:
The only reason was "it violates MySpace policy"

I really love this forum, because you get great advice from a lot of like minded people. I know not everyone agrees with me on the no eye protection and I will think about it (at least during the summer month).

I just like the fact that people here are willing to speak up, and most are willing to listen and not take it personal. Thanks for the advice.

When shooting in the winter, I leave the safety glasses outside on the hood of my suburban when reloading. That way they don't fog/frost up going between the warm vehicle and the cold air outside.
Use a nice pair of tactical glasses or goggles which don't fog up, there are plenty available. I've a nice pair I use every day.

Wearing eye protection is like wearing a pistol, you don't need them until something happens.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Yooper wrote:
Alaskan Shooter wrote:
The only reason was "it violates MySpace policy"

I really love this forum, because you get great advice from a lot of like minded people. I know not everyone agrees with me on the no eye protection and I will think about it (at least during the summer month).

I just like the fact that people here are willing to speak up, and most are willing to listen and not take it personal. Thanks for the advice.

When shooting in the winter, I leave the safety glasses outside on the hood of my suburban when reloading. That way they don't fog/frost up going between the warm vehicle and the cold air outside.
Use a nice pair of tactical glasses or goggles which don't fog up, there are plenty available. I've a nice pair I use every day.

Wearing eye protection is like wearing a pistol, you don't need them until something happens.

I had an incident with a brand new rifle, firingfactory rounds produced by the same company that made my rifle, Have you ever seen a 30-06 come apart at the breech? It is ugly! Loud! and veryPainful!

Only becuase I had eye protection on, am I still able to see after that incident. Although I do have somewhat reduced vision in my left eye because a piece of metal bounced up from the shooting bench and penetrated my eye. Under my eyes I have little bumps that are scar tissue from the powder burns, and the ER doctor also removed powder residue from both my eyes, used 2 sutures to close the wound above my upper lip after pulling out some metal, and got an opthamologist in to get the metal out of my eye. It was very difficult fixing a shooting flinch after that incident!

Get some protection on those kids, even though it is doubtful a .22LR is ever going to come apart, someone down the line at the range may have a catastrophic failure that could send shrapnel outwards. They guy next to me got hit with some debris but was not injured from the incident.

Oh, and screw facebook!! there is nothing wrong with that picture! you are enjoying you god-given rights to shoot.

virginiatuck

imported post

index.cfm
MySpace is owned, through several layers, by Rupert Murdoch. Specifically, MySpace is owned by Fox Interactive Media, which is owned by News Corporation, of which Rupert Murdoch is the founder, chairman, and CEO.
index.cfm

There are also other pictures of people shooting real guns and real guns by themselves on myspace. Searching images for "guns" mostly brought up people flexing their muscles, but searching for "shooting" brought up more people shooting guns; even a few kids doing so.

I'd contact myspace to ask them what happened to your picture.

http://faq.myspace.com/app/home
Select "Contact MySpace" on the right-hand side of the page.

I don't know what to tell you if that doesn't get you anywhere... try inquiring with their parent company.

In the mean time, I'd keep putting the picture back up.

DEROS72

imported post

This is my primary pic on myMy Spacepage.I also posted other pics of me carrying along with pics and video of our Willow Lake events.They are still there.

Wirelesscto

imported post

Alaskan Shooter wrote:
My 16 year old son posted this picture of himself helping to teach my 6 year old how to shoot a 22. MYSpace removed the picture. Can anyone tell me what the problem is with this picture.

Notice he is OCing. My 11 year old daughter is to the left of them in the orange shirt, and I am to the left of her in the blue shirt. A nice family day at the range.

You got me i have tons of pics of kids and other shooting on my face book and my wife has the same both places no issues here

presidentofalaska

imported post

Well it's no mystery that myspace is owned by the media, I know that has something to do with it. Come over to facebook, they don't care, I had a myspace and my default pic was me and M4 when ever it was up my account was literally constantly being marked as spam and blocked, it never got taken down though. BTW I'm new to the forums, I couldn't find a "introduce yourself" page, I didn't really look that hard though. SO I'll start here, I'm Matt, I OC a Glock 21 in a Blackhawk SERPA holster and I'm the President of Alaska.

Otaku201

imported post

I have dozens of armed people photos on my myspace, a few of them are even teaching children to shoot. So not sure why they are picking on you.

Flintlock

imported post

presidentofalaska wrote:
Well it's no mystery that myspace is owned by the media, I know that has something to do with it. Come over to facebook, they don't care, I had a myspace and my default pic was me and M4 when ever it was up my account was literally constantly being marked as spam and blocked, it never got taken down though. BTW I'm new to the forums, I couldn't find a "introduce yourself" page, I didn't really look that hard though. SO I'll start here, I'm Matt, I OC a Glock 21 in a Blackhawk SERPA holster and I'm the President of Alaska.
Welcome to the forums Matt!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

"The media"? Errr ummm anyone and any group publishing or engaged in communicating information for ideals or profit is "the media" Pesky 1st Amendment and all that.

presidentofalaska

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
presidentofalaska wrote:
Welcome to the forums Matt!

Thanks!

presidentofalaska

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
My best guess as to why your son's pic was taken down is because someone reported it as offensive material and one of the myspace moderators also viewed it as offensive.  Thats the only reason I can think of.

agreed, the moderators are getting more anal everyday.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I mean, your family is your family and your way is your way.
I just think that safety and respect for firearms can be instilled at a young age, and eye and ear is a good way to be safe.
I doubt that is why the picture was pulled though, maybe your friends reported it as obscene as a joke or something.

Harper1227

imported post

FarNorth wrote:
This picture of my wife has been on herFacebook page for quite a long time,I don't think they care over there. Maybe switching to Facebook would be the thing to do.

Ive got an album on facebook titled Guns with pics of my babies. I would be interested to explore this with myspace though. Definitely inquire and push it if need it turns out to be over the guns. If breast feeding mom's can sue over their rights then the 2A should be good to go. (assuming everything going on in the pic is legal for your area)

Harper1227

imported post

presidentofalaska wrote:
rolexbenz190e wrote:
My best guess as to why your son's pic was taken down is because someone reported it as offensive material and one of the myspace moderators also viewed it as offensive. Thats the only reason I can think of.

agreed, the moderators are getting more anal everyday.
+1 contac them with your problem - maybe you get a different mod. then, try posting again and block your albums make it only visible to friends. your "friends" shouldn't find your family outings offensive