• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Napolitano on an evil, crazed statist

solus

because they know they can't do it.

not a question of 'they cannot' per se, but rather centers around the judical system getting significant profit center monitary gains through the local & state judical systems as clueless citizens who can't properly weigh their on-hand stach being carried in their vehicles or person, or the illicit firearms being carried while on substances, or enduring a 'routine' traffic stop, ad nausem!

the war on drugs does absolutely nothing to curb substance abuse but rather funds a large portion of the judical system, i mean really, here you pick which story you wish to readabout the profits generated from private prisons in 2015 by going to google an typing in prision profits for 2015

largest two generated 1.6 & 1.7 billion after politically contributing 8.7 million in lobbying efforts...not a bad bloody ROI is it?

ipse

WalkingWolf

I agree that irresponsible/illegal drug use is wrong. But such irresponsible/illegal drug use must be viewed on a case by case basis where government intervention is concerned.

Why do not the feds swoop down on Colorado, for example, and save all of the victims of those pot heads. The states that have decriminalized the use of certain drugs have done so because those citizens desired it to be so. A broad brush approach by federal LE to enforce broad brush federal laws that interferes in s citizen's affairs is detrimental to the individual liberty of the whole of society.

I think that the states, specifically local cops, are better equipped to determine who needs to be held to account for smoking a joint, and who is to be treated less harshly. The feds are more interested in political interests where drug use is concerned than any given citizen using drugs. The states, mostly local cops, are more interested in the more narrowly focused and immediate affects of drug use.

Leave this issue to the locals, they know what they are doing and know who they are dealing with.

I have a suspicion that two areas of drug use are going to be the focus of federal enforcement. Undocumented(illegal) immigrants, and gangs. The increased drug enforcement like current crackdown on immigrants is going to be along that line. The feds usually do not waste time with the casual pot smoker, I don't see that changing. I also see firearm laws being enforced along the same lines, and we all know how Trump supports guns. Trump is using the laws as a vehicle to accomplish a goal. Let's take a wait, and see for the outcome of the new direction.

WalkingWolf

not a question of 'they cannot' per se, but rather centers around the judical system getting significant profit center monitary gains through the local & state judical systems as clueless citizens who can't properly weigh their on-hand stach being carried in their vehicles or person, or the illicit firearms being carried while on substances, or enduring a 'routine' traffic stop, ad nausem!

the war on drugs does absolutely nothing to curb substance abuse but rather funds a large portion of the judical system, i mean really, here you pick which story you wish to readabout the profits generated from private prisons in 2015 by going to google an typing in prision profits for 2015

largest two generated 1.6 & 1.7 billion after politically contributing 8.7 million in lobbying efforts...not a bad bloody ROI is it?

ipse

Your probably not going to like hearing this but. When I was an officer it was common for us to let people go with pot, or illegally carrying a firearm concealed. We had no problem with using the existing laws to take real bad guys off the streets even if temporary. It is just my opinion but the LE of today do not seem to have that common sense. As far as the war on drugs it has been a failure, but until it is removed off the books I have no problems with the feds using it to take dangerous gang members off the streets.

countryclubjoe

Has it ever occurred to you, or any other extreme libertarian types that just because someone isn't an anarchist-libertarian he isn't a "boot licking yes-[man] for LEOS"?

There is a lot of room for honest disagreement about what laws are proper vs which are an unjust infringement of rights before someone moves into the realm of "boot licker". That is a grossly offensive, derisive term to apply to another person.

I don't subscribe to an anarchist social theory. I believe anarchy yields far more human suffering that does a properly functioning government. But, I do not believe that human suffering is the goal of most anarchists. Anarchists/Libertarians may well be grossly misguided, but I do not believe they are evil. And so, much as I disagree with them, I try to avoid imparting evil motives to them. I try not to impugn their character. Their ability to explain their positions, their thinking skills, even their intelligence and command of history and language are all fair game. But one better have more than mere socio-political disagreement before impugning a man's character.

The term "boot licker" is an affront to character. It implies cowardice, lack of moral compass, complicity in evil. To use that term toward another is to demonstrate your utter contempt for him.

I commend this nice, short article in my local paper, the Deseret News on the topic of "Curing our contempt."

If those who share so much in common in support of RKBA can't or won't avoid holding each other in contempt, or imparting evil motives for every disagreement, who possibly can or will?

Is there something inherently evil about earning a living providing honorable public service? From the men who built the InterState highway system, the guy who keeps our sewers running smoothly, to the geeks whose job it is to maintain the standard weights and measures for the nation, there are honorable, essential, constitutional public services that need to be performed. Most "sensible people" (as you recently typed) are quite happy to have firefighters and paramedics when they are needed, without regard to whether a particular unit is volunteer, privately run, or taxpayer funded. Most such people are thrilled that there is someone who investigates murders, muggings, and rapes, makes arrests, and mans the prisons that keep horribly violent scum away from the rest of us.

An intelligent, thoughtful man can disagree with some laws or how they are enforced without wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Charles

Please reread my post #9, I never called anyone a "boot-licker", I simply stated, that James has a problem with anyone that is NOT a boot-licker pro cop.. And please be advised, I am pro citizen..
Regards
CCJ

countryclubjoe

Your probably not going to like hearing this but. When I was an officer it was common for us to let people go with pot, or illegally carrying a firearm concealed. We had no problem with using the existing laws to take real bad guys off the streets even if temporary. It is just my opinion but the LE of today do not seem to have that common sense. As far as the war on drugs it has been a failure, but until it is removed off the books I have no problems with the feds using it to take dangerous gang members off the streets.

How did you come to know a citizen was illegally " concealing" a firearm?..

countryclubjoe

The same theory of law, order, and personal responsibility without excuse that this attorney general has decided is
" for petty drug offenses' ought to be good for the conduct of the oval office too. Should it not?

CCJ

solus

please you know you will not upset my sensibilities whatsoever...

the sad state of judicial affairs is that it isn't the feds putting dangerous gang members into the pokey but rather the local LEs putting clueless citizens into the system where the money starts flowing from the clueless punk who lacks the financial resources to obtain appropriate representation to keep them out of the system.

the dangerous gang members have the financial resources to hire the best legal representation and are brought into the system only after lengthy investigations and is some cases walk away after paying fines....

ipse

countryclubjoe

Take it from the shoe shine boy, don't waste your time. He only posts to stir scat, not worth the time of day.

Let me try to get this correct... If I challenge you on your practice of iniquitous selective enforcement of the laws, (iE) you admit to letting folks carrying illegally walk free, than I am " stirring scat" ?

Therefore any challenges or opinions concerning your ideologies, is " stirring scat?..

Your vacuity is only trumped by your aversion towards anyone that challenges you.

I was unable to find the term " stir scat" in any English dictionary or any book of slangs, or wicked words, therefore I can only assume that it is a cop dysphemism used against anyone that challenges the cop's so-called authority.

I have no issues concerning what you did or what you did not do, as a young man/cop, however, when you make disservicing, scurrilous comments about me, said comments will be challenged with extreme confutation.

Be advised accordingly.

CCJ

Fallschirjmäger

That's funny, Joe, I found it right off.

stir
move a spoon or other implement around in (a liquid or other substance) in order to mix it thoroughly.
"stir the batter until it is just combined"
synonyms: mix, blend, agitate; More
beat, whip, whisk, fold in
"stir the mixture well"
add an ingredient to (a liquid or other substance) by mixing it in with a spoon or other implement.
"stir in the flour and cook gently for two minutes"
move or cause to move slightly.
"nothing stirred except the wind"
synonyms: move slightly, change one's position

scat
:an animal fecal dropping

Put the two together like 'red' and 'paint' and you'll get the gist of it. I can include pictures if needed.

countryclubjoe

That's funny, Joe, I found it right off.

stir

scat

Put the two together like 'red' and 'paint' and you'll get the gist of it. I can include pictures if needed.

I was very busy trying to figure out how to spell, dysphemism, to really waste time on such juvenile slang..LOL

I thought that I have lots of time on my hands, Falls, you need to find a hobby..

Fallschirjmäger

I was very busy trying to figure out how to spell, dysphemism, to really waste time on such juvenile slang..LOL
I thought that I have lots of time on my hands, Falls, you need to find a hobby..
\

I have a hobby (several in fact), none of which are trying to impress people on the internet.

You'd have more time on your hands if you didn't try to impress people with big words.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

You are correct, and if you needed any proof, I can CC you a copy of his message to me where he admits as much.

I send you a PM, out of respect, however it appears my judgment of you was misconstrued. Hitherto I believed you possessed some moral character, I shall not make the same mistake again.

Fallschirjmäger

I send you a PM, out of respect, however it appears my judgment of you was misconstrued. Hitherto I believed you possessed some moral character, I shall not make the same mistake again.
No worries, you will no doubt make hundreds of others for me to point out. I shall not want for opportunities for 'teachable moments'.:cool:

(And not like you don't keep making the same mistakes repeatedly.)

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Let me borrow a phrase from DJT if I may, Jeff Sessions is a " Nut Job".

My .02
CCJ
Mr. Sessions is not a "Nut Job." Remember that Alabama has the very best politicians that money can buy. Most of them will even stay bought.

Yes, after having been born in Alabama and lived the better part of my seventy-plus years here, I am becoming more and more cynical.

countryclubjoe

Mr. Sessions is not a "Nut Job." Remember that Alabama has the very best politicians that money can buy. Most of them will even stay bought.

Yes, after having been born in Alabama and lived the better part of my seventy-plus years here, I am becoming more and more cynical.

+1

Hang tough Sir, you survived that prejudice ignorant 45th Governor, George Wallace, you can survive them all..

Regards
CCJ

solus

Wow! What does it say, what is Country Club Liberal Joe saying, about Alabamians and Sergeant First Class (Ret) that they would elect (three times, four terms) a governor that Country Club Liberal Joe calls prejudice[d] and ignorant - but still elected governor (and a democrat)?

please do not forget george's wife was elected and died in office...

and guess it doesn't say a bloody thing does it?

ipse