• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Ammo Day: November 19th 2007

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Gee Hank why didn't quote this thread?It's rather obvious that I was stating my opinions.

The way I look at it is this... National Ammo Day/Week is NOT about buying ammunition you NEED. We never really need a reason to buy ammo. But it's about buying EXTRA ammo. Over and above what you need or usually buy. And it's about buyingammo you don't usually buy. Such as getting a couple of boxes of GoldenWhatever defense ammo instead of the usual FMJ rangeblasters. For those of us who buy ammo on a regular basis, NAD/NAW is about buying a little more than our average amount.

I never could understand people who own a very nice firearm and seem toconstantly only have a partial box of ammo on hand. You buy extra batteriesdon't you? You buy more that one roll of toilet paper at a time. Don't you?Why not have a little (or a lot of) extra ammo squirreled away.

Did you notice how I prefaced that one with "The way I look at it"? That means what followed was my personal views on the matter. Sorry I didn't feel like typing all of it all over again over here in this thread. And everyone can tell you read it because you made one of your little snide comments after it then too.

Ya knowI feel sorry for Hank Trool. I don't know if it's really so much sorrow as it is pity. I imagine it sucks, so much to be him. All cooped up where ever he is. Ashamed of his surroundings and of the circumstances that comprise his life. Not being able to get out and open carry like the rest of us. Wanting so much to be able to do all the things we talk about here. To be able to do the things we actually do. Instead of being trapped in front of a keyboard watching the worldpass him by.His only link with the real world is tograb an occasional glimpse of it through his computer monitor as he reads every word of every thread from every state. Wow! The number of hours he puts in here,absorbing our every word, savoring our every experience, must be staggering.The devotion he has to this forum should not go unnoticed.The mere fact that hededicates his entire waking life to us is a tribute that few mortals ever attain.Ahhh, but that's the glory ofAl Gore's internet. Thanks to good ol' Al, even people like Hank Trool can seem normal.

And here it is, National Ammo Week and he can't play along. He's probably not even allowed to own a firearm. Maybe he'll grow up some day and his Mommy will let him have a BB gun. Maybe she'll even let him have the one that looks like a cross between a 1911 and a High Point. You know the clunky one with the bright orange muzzle. Oh well, Christmas IS coming. Maybe he'll even get a holster!

:celebrate

Wow, Bear, you covered a LOT in that one...

Gonna bid on that 610? It's a 4"....the best version, in my opinion!

Here's the link. It closes today:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=85307672

BluesBear

imported post

And you're not keeping up very well Hank. It's taken you four whole days to catch up and comment on something I said Saturday that you had already commented on elsewhere.

But I understand. It's a big forum plus you were searching for that 610 for me.

Thanks, but in the mean time I found and bought locally the610 I had been looking for. It's thethree inch model to go with my 3" .41 mag and 3" .44 mag. And it was a lot less than that GB price. But thanks for looking out for me buddy.

You can go help someone else now. You're dismissed.

As for me, well, I have a life and can't spend all day needlessly copying entire adjacent posts and otherwise nitpicking a forum to death.

bayboy42

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Ya knowI feel sorry for Hank Trool. I don't know if it's really so much sorrow as it is pity. I imagine it sucks, so much to be him. All cooped up where ever he is. Ashamed of his surroundings and of the circumstances that comprise his life. Not being able to get out and open carry like the rest of us. Wanting so much to be able to do all the things we talk about here. To be able to do the things we actually do. Instead of being trapped in front of a keyboard watching the worldpass him by.His only link with the real world is tograb an occasional glimpse of it through his computer monitor as he reads every word of every thread from every state. Wow! The number of hours he puts in here,absorbing our every word, savoring our every experience, must be staggering.The devotion he has to this forum should not go unnoticed.The mere fact that hededicates his entire waking life to us is a tribute that few mortals ever attain.Ahhh, but that's the glory ofAl Gore's internet. Thanks to good ol' Al, even people like Hank Trool can seem normal.

And here it is, National Ammo Week and he can't play along. He's probably not even allowed to own a firearm. Maybe he'll grow up some day and his Mommy will let him have a BB gun. Maybe she'll even let him have the one that looks like a cross between a 1911 and a High Point. You know the clunky one with the bright orange muzzle. Oh well, Christmas IS coming. Maybe he'll even get a holster!

:celebrate
Did I miss a thread somewhere BluesBear? How in the world did you gain all this intel on HankT?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BluesBear wrote:
But I understand. It's a big forum plus you were searching for that 610 for me.
No problem...

BluesBear wrote:
Thanks, but in the mean time I found and bought locally the610 I had been looking for. It's thethree inch model to go with my 3" .41 mag and 3" .44 mag...

And your 3" .....?

:D

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BluesBear wrote:
HankT wrote:
Gonna bid on that 610? It's a 4"....the best version, in my opinion!
Sorry about your worthless opinion. Except for my Model 58s and two 5" ers, all of my N-Frames are either 3" or6".
How many N-frames do you have, Bear?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BluesBear wrote:
HankT wrote:
And your 3" .....?

:D

Gee Hank, I really didn't think even you'd sink that low. I am truly shocked and disappointed. I think we now fully understand what a pathetic little man you really are.

Hushyo’ mouth!

jes talking about Shaft!

Well... we can dig it

:lol: