• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at local fire dept.

brutus1776

I may be going to a meeting/get together at a local fire dept (not sure if its volunteer or not) at a small town in western NC in the next couple weeks.
I asked the guy putting on the meeting and he didnt know about firearms on the premises.
Just wanted to check with the board if there is any prohibitions on firearms by state statute on local fire dept property (not state owned)

bc.cruiser

Does the town own the building? If so, they may have an ordinance about firearms in town-owned buildings. If not, then carry on until someone in charge asks you to leave.

brutus1776

Does the town own the building? If so, they may have an ordinance about firearms in town-owned buildings. If not, then carry on until someone in charge asks you to leave.

Im assuming they do, but not positive. Might do a drive by to check if its posted on the doors.

EmtFFKev

That's going to depend on the nature of the fire department, if it is a municipality they may have a city/town/county ordinance that states against carrying. If it is a private incorporation they have the option to post or not post just like any other private business.