• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Picnic at Luther Burbank Park, Mercer Island

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

OCDO Picnic at Luther Burbank Park, Mercer Island

Sunday, August 23, 2009

This event will take place from 11am until 3pm. I will make sure to get their early as any of you are more than welcome to do, so that I can grab one of the barbecues closest to the trees and parking.

I’ll bring the charcoal, some brats (four 6 packs ofbeef brats)and some sodas ( 24 packs of diet coke, coke zero, sprite anddiet root beer)along with five chairs.

Now, if it is raining on Saturday (which it most likely won't be) Sunday will also work on the 23rd.

How to Get here:

Driving Directions:

From I-5, take I-90 East to Mercer Island
Take the 77th Ave. SE exit (#7A) immediately after the 2nd tunnel, and turn left on 77th Ave. SE.
Turn right at the stop sign onto N. Mercer Way, go through the light at 80th Ave. SE
Turn left onto 81st Ave. SE.
Turn right on SE 24th St. and drive to the end.
The park entrance is on your left.

From I-405, take I-90 West to Mercer Island
Take the Island Crest Way exit (#7).
At top of the ramp, turn right onto SE 26th St.
At the stop sign turn left onto 84th Ave. SE and drive straight into the park after another stop sign at SE 24th St.

By Bus, King County METRO Transit provides bus service to the I-90 Park 'n Ride, about three blocks west of the park. Check bus schedules for arrival and departure times,
Call METRO at 206.BUS.TIME (206.287.8463) or go to
METRO's Website

The Barbecue near Snyder’s Knoll is the most convenient for those who may not like the long walk it would take us to get to some of the other picnic areas.

Refer to this map to find your way once at the park.

j2l3

imported post

The picnic areas in that park are available by reservation. You can go stake one out, but if someone shows up that reserved it, you will have to move all of your stuff and go to plan B, that is, if you have a plan B.

Thought you should know.

[align=right]

LBPicnicAreaA240_180.jpg

Picnic Area A
[/align]
The following Picnic Areas at Luther Burbank Park are scheduled from Memorial Day weekend through Laborday Weekend. Reservations can be made up to one year in advance. Click here for park map showing picnic area locations.

Call 206.275.7873 for more information and to make a reservation.

Area “A” – Tennis Court

• Located in the north end of the park right next to playground structure.
  • 3 tables, 2 barbecues
  • Parking in the North lot.
  • No vehicle access. Picnic area approximately 100’ from parking.
  • Closest restroom – by tennis courts
Area “B” – Meadow

• Located in the middle of the park
  • 7 tables, no barbecue
  • Parking – North lot.
  • See rental information for limited vehicle access availability. Picnic area is approximately 100’ from the parking lot.
  • Closest restroom is either by tennis court or beach (beach restrooms April)
Area "C" - North Beach

• Located in the South end of the park,North of the swim beach
  • 7 tables, 3 barbecues
  • Parking – South lot (closed until beginning of April)
  • No vehicle access. Picnic area located approximately 300’ from parking lot.
Amphitheatre

• Located North ofNorth parking lot
  • 3 tables, no barbecues
  • Parking - North lot
  • See rental information for limited vehicle access availability
  • Available by reservation as a special event only.
Additionally, six barbecues and 3 dozen picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. They are located throughout the park. There are no electrical hook-ups or water available .

Go to Rental Information for picnic area fees.

There is one covered picnic shelter available at The Park on The Lid. Click here for more information.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Additionally, six barbecues and 3 dozen picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. They are located throughout the park. There are no electrical hook-ups or water available .

Youoverlooked the highlighted part above. I know about the rental areas and I'm not going to grab one of them. That would be silly since it could be rented out from under me... but I will grab one of the first come first serve tables on the knoll. I"m going to go spec it out tomorrow just to make sure the table I saw last summer is still there, but it was one of the first come first serve tables.

Take a vote for those who would prefer Saturday or Sunday... the day with the most votes wins.

Voting ends on July 31st to give everyone three weeks to schedule. If you're like me, you need a lot of notice because your calendar is full.

Phssthpok

imported post

Miracle of miracles!!!

You picked the ONE weekend I have free between two cross country road trips!

I'll do everything I can to be there. I have a 10x10 insta-canopy I can bring to spruce up our area!:celebrate

Phssthpok

imported post

I can do either, but to be totally honest, Sunday works better for me.