• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olmos, TX police injure and arrest open carrier - President of Open Carry Texas

solus

Really? That's your take-away from the recent discussion in this thread? Could you, perhaps, identify this "offending" individual and cite some recent posts in support of your "interesting," if not accusatory and potentially insulting statement?

Indeed, but I'm not at all confident that those who truly deserve such a reprimand will actually receive the same. Personally, I'm thinking a burning at the stake would be a far more appropriate punishment for any who dare stray from the fold via their simple, well-reasoned, and well-argued (not to mention properly grammared), disagreement. Are you with me?

For being lettered as you espouse, one must question your perception of the definition of ‘potentially’ as in my humble opinion there was no potential intent involved.

As for being with you in your ideation of a Joan of Arch event, I believe I must question those whom you hold in esteem as hero to worship and look up to ~ just an observation you understand.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
After 68 years on this earth there is one absolute I have learned, put a little rat bait in a rat trap and you will catch a rat. Rats can’t resist the bait. They will always take it.

TXOC16

After 68 years on this earth there is one absolute I have learned, put a little rat bait in a rat trap and you will catch a rat. Rats can’t resist the bait. They will always take it.

Oh, c'mon, old-timer, stop avoiding the question. Rat-baiting, stake-burning, and patriot-denigration are all very fine activities, right? So are you with me or not?

HP995

If there is commonality, ‘everyone’ is concerned about all states, then there has to be a focused approach across the nation and out of agenda antics stopped as the focus gets distorted, possibly dooming the intended goal.

There could be one approach. That's way different than has to be. I'm concerned about all states - but I'm not "everyone" and there's no way that leads to an absolute necessity for a single set of rules or goals. Out of agenda - who decides? In some posts almost every sentence you write has these assumptions that don't add up. Perhaps intentionally? Hopefully intentionally, giving you the benefit of the doubt. And of course you can keep writing them faster than anyone could point out the flaws.

It's their activism, you're not their boss. Neither am I. Within the law they can do as they wish. I hate to see a group really sensitive about feedback, but they can run their own show and they don't need your approval. I'm glad they are doing what they can to improve the situation.

Ya tell the egotistical gun organizing fools in TX, WA, OR, KY, MI, OH, NC, FL, ad nauseam to follow the contrived goals of someone afar, see how well that goes over.

Why would I? That's your obsession. Groups can have local goals, they can also belong to national orgs if they wish. Or visit a national web forum like this one. This is not the Left, it's not Soros-funded, so there won't be one script.

Sometimes I'm not sure whether you're just trolling for an argument for its own sake, or have given up on the cause. Hopefully neither of those, but it does make me wonder. This constant stream of arguments, or like the Monty Python sketch, sometimes not even an argument, only a contradiction.

Final comment, who cares where you currently or have hung your side arm, especially since you are concerned as a citizen of this great nation ~ fair?

Doesn't follow logically. Sorry, loving this country and having lived in multiple states does not lead to that conclusion.

Oh, c'mon, old-timer, stop avoiding the question. Rat-baiting, stake-burning, and patriot-denigration are all very fine activities, right? So are you with me or not?

TX hopefully does not stand for triggered and excitable. You don't realize that you just made their day! Maybe not helping yourself much with that. But I'm glad you are enthusiastic and active in the cause. Keep it up. Be a little nicer, calm down just a little and you'll notice a lot more support here.

cocked&locked

Conversation over.

Your ********?

--Moderator comment--

Totally unacceptable reply. Children, mothers, pastors, politicians, and the media all read these threads.

My comment was based on a long standing joke. No one could remember prior to memory loss.

Go and sin no more.

My response to your 'long standing joke' was also a 'long standing joke'. No harm was intended. Not one of George Carlin's '7 dirty words was used'. There were no personal insults hurled at any individual or group. And yet you saw fit to censor a perfectly acceptable term based on the possibility that someone 'might be offended'? A 'blood engorged member' is a scientifically verifiable occurrence in nature, children, mothers, pastors, politicians, and even the media, who undoubtedly have one for our President.

Well, if you are worried about possibly emotionally upsetting some children, mothers, pastors, politicians, and the media, then maybe we should consider banning open carry. It seems to offend about 50% of the population.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Your ********?

--Moderator comment--

Totally unacceptable reply. Children, mothers, pastors, politicians, and the media all read these threads.

My comment was based on a long standing joke. No one could remember prior to memory loss.

Go and sin no more.

My response to your 'long standing joke' was also a 'long standing joke'. No harm was intended. Not one of George Carlin's '7 dirty words was used'. There were no personal insults hurled at any individual or group. And yet you saw fit to censor a perfectly acceptable term based on the possibility that someone 'might be offended'? A 'blood engorged member' is a scientifically verifiable occurrence in nature, children, mothers, pastors, politicians, and even the media, who undoubtedly have one for our President.

Well, if you are worried about possibly emotionally upsetting some children, mothers, pastors, politicians, and the media, then maybe we should consider banning open carry. It seems to offend about 50% of the population.
You seem to miss the point on this private property that reference to things sexual is not "perfectly acceptable." Additionally, we are attuned to putting a good foot forward, especially where the general public can see it. There are also laws that pertain to minors.

No quantum leap to ban open carry would seem logical. Me thinks you are upset that you didn't get your own way and continue to push the issue.

HP995

Decency is a bit different than just avoiding offense or emotional upset.

Here's a clean joke to cover for you: 'blood engorged member' = the guy who shows up stuffed at the Vampires Anonymous meeting!

OC should actually reduce offense or pretended offense over time, because it educates, unlike other carry.

TXOC16

Maybe you can be a hero too.

I am most definitely a hero to my kids, my family, and to many of my friends and acquaintances. Curious as to why would you assume otherwise, but I'll leave the public heroism to those like Jim and C.J., both of whom have clearly earned it.

Last edited:

HP995

LOL, it usually involves some fear and insecurity to see words of encouragement as a threat. I don't know whether you only trust people that you know locally in your own group, but if so just think about it, you've chosen to come to an Internet forum presumably to interact with the outside world. Don't worry, not everyone is out to get you or make fun of you or whatever it is that you may fear. I'm glad your nearest and dearest respect you, hope you can be comfortable around others too. BTW, I meant not being a hero in general but for this specific cause, i.e. more or less following the example of your own hero.

TXOC16

LOL, it usually involves some fear and insecurity to see words of encouragement as a threat. I don't know whether you only trust people that you know locally in your own group, but if so just think about it, you've chosen to come to an Internet forum presumably to interact with the outside world. Don't worry, not everyone is out to get you or make fun of you or whatever it is that you may fear. I'm glad your nearest and dearest respect you, hope you can be comfortable around others too. BTW, I meant not being a hero in general but for this specific cause, i.e. more or less following the example of your own hero.

Wow, such a long-winded, nonsensical comment to such a clear response, but Dr. HP995, I really don't need any such "words of encouragement" to secure my place in this world---I am quite comfortable with where I am, with where I've been, and with where I am headed, and, again, my "nearest and dearest" far more than respect me.

I trust people who have earned such trust, universally, Internetally (yes, I just made up that word), or locally, but trust, like respect, is earned, not automatically granted.

You also haven't a clue as to my commitment or contribution with regard to any cause, OCT or otherwise, nor have I mentioned anyone whom I consider to be "my" hero, but, rather, I have oft-mentioned "a" hero.

I requested no advice from you, so take a breath, and, perhaps, stop trying to teach people how to be you.

HP995

TX, encouragement or kindness doesn't rely on a request or reciprocation. It's proactive. Good luck and I hope your commitment and contribution to this cause will continue to grow.