• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picnic in Frankenmuth

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

SQLtables wrote:
I don't have much cash this week, but I'll try to bring plates and napkins. If everybody brings there own drinks. We should be good.
I already have plenty of napkins and paper towel that I was going to bring. If you just want to bring some paper plates and we could get one more person to grab like 2 bags of chips that would work. I can bring a couple of big bowls to use.

Anyone else attending able to grab a bag of chips or pretzels? Other than that I think we have everything covered.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

I am going to try to talk my better third (boy things change when you have kids!) into making a day trip. I would think the offer of a little cash to spend should do the trick!

(Boy am I in trouble if she ever decides to start reading this "gun stuff"!)

B

Bikenut

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Up we go!

anybody else interested?
Yep, my Lady and I are interested but totally new to this OC movement... although I'm not new to OC on occasion.

So how does this OC picnic thing work?

Generaldet

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
I might want to double check, but I THINK there are charcoal grills at the park if somebody wants to bring some charcoal if you like that better.
Yea, if anyone else wants to bring another grill in addition to my gas grill that would be fine. Mine is just one of the small coleman ones for camping.

Generaldet

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Up we go!

anybody else interested?
Yep, my Lady and I are interested but totally new to this OC movement... although I'm not new to OC on occasion.

So how does this OC picnic thing work?
Welcome to the group Bikenut. Fell free to check out the threads from past picnics and read some of the comments. It's pretty simple really, show up, bring a dish to pass if you like, and have some fun. It's just like a reqular BBQ but with people OCing and of course no alcohol.

You can check out the schedule of events thread at the top to see the list of items if you would like to contribute something.

Again, welcome and read all you can!

B

Bikenut

imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome Generaldnet!

Judy and I will bring a couple of 8 packs of some kind of pop hoping folks will like what we select. (probably gonna be a long list of posts from folks requesting favorite brands... hehehe)

We have an archery event in the morning which makes us unclear as to what time we will show up but we expect it to be before 1.

I'm talking with a friend also so he and his better half might also attend.

SQLtables

imported post

This works like any other picnic you might go to. Just show up and hang out. Some of us will be available for questions and whatnot. These picnics are always a lot of fun.

You do NOT need to OC to be welcome. We should have some food, but fel free to bring a snack to share if you want, and you'll probably need to bring your own drinks.

SQLtables

imported post

Also forgot to mention that I heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from his mom who heard from the group (haha) that there some sort of Glenn Beck 9/12 group in Bay City and some of the members were interested in OC and might show up.

LaVere

imported post

I'll be there with camera,so comb your hair, Clean your gun, and shine your shoes. ;)

3726657353_231084ae05_m.jpg

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I am going to try to talk my better third (boy things change when you have kids!) into making a day trip. I would think the offer of a little cash to spend should do the trick!

(Boy am I in trouble if she ever decides to start reading this "gun stuff"!)
Woo-hoo, my little plan worked. I'll see you guys there!

FatboyCykes

imported post

PepsiZilla wrote:
You are right, you will have some members of the BayCity area 912 groups. I am a charter member of said group. See you at the picnic.

Welcome to the forums, I won't be at the picinic, but I look forward to seeing you around the forums, I hope! :D

pmcqueen37

imported post

PepsiZilla wrote:
You are right, you will have some members of the BayCity area 912 groups. I am a charter member of said group. See you at the picnic.
Wouldn't that be slick if some of the Glenn Beck 912 people were able to get Glenn to air some footage and maybe do an OC segment of the picnic on one of His nightly TV shows on Fox news. That would be national exposure.

SQLtables

imported post

Also, I just wanted to say that since I didn't rent a pavillion, it might be a good idea to bring chairs if you have them. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get some room in one of the three pavillions.

Also, too, I forgot to mention that there are a couple small playgrounds for the children.

ETA: oh, and beach volleyball courts