• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police to track prescription drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I hope I don't make you guys teste by diverting this topic from your manhood, but I think this could be considered evidence that the shaft is coming for us, sooner or later, no matter how cocky the naysayers are.

Seriously, though.

Doctors Screening for Alcoholism

Chicago Wellness Program Forced Upon Employees

And let's not even get into the reports that we'll all have to fill out special forms for the IRS regarding health history under ObamaCare. But hey, sleep tight, because this is obviously not the sort of government that would start keeping track of the medicines and frequency you choose.

The screening for Alcoholism is a standard part of collecting your Social History and answering is purely voluntary, just as answering any misguided questions about gun ownership.

The second link, about the mandatory wellness program, is Bu!!$hit, pure and simple. It smacks of Bloombergs mandatory Breast feeding initiative and outlawing large drinks within the city, and outlawing guns for the safety of "his citizens" IE: Big Brother nanny state deciding what is best for us.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Stay on topic if you please.

No other explanation should be necessary.

Yessir.

The correction loses something when it comes from a guy whose 20K posts are littered with similar adult innuendos. Well, the first 13K posts anyway.

On topic: If government has access to this information, it will be abused. Guaranteed. Government always abuses rights. Always.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
ROFL! Lets go back to the topic before the family-friendly moderators lock the thread or delete posts.
Yessir.

The correction loses something when it comes from a guy whose 20K posts are littered with similar adult innuendos. Well, the first 13K posts anyway.

On topic: If government has access to this information, it will be abused. Guaranteed. Government always abuses rights. Always.

Don't remember the specifics of a majority of them, but do not claim to be w/o sin in any event. Do claim to strive for self-improvement.

Also consider it a personal attack that you should say a major part of my history here is "littered" with anything off color. Particularly in light of my consistently held belief that such does not belong on this forum. Have said before that this is not an Adult Only Club - we are read by large and diverse groups and must take that into account.

The better way for you to have responded would have been via PM. When dissatisfaction with my moderation is done publicly, there is an obligation to allow others to see my response.

You accurately foretold what the result would be. I should not have had to moderate this - that was your obligation.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Don't remember the specifics of a majority of them, but do not claim to be w/o sin in any event. Do claim to strive for self-improvement.

Also consider it a personal attack that you should say a major part of my history here is "littered" with anything off color. Particularly in light of my consistently held belief that such does not belong on this forum. Have said before that this is not an Adult Only Club - we are read by large and diverse groups and must take that into account.

The better way for you to have responded would have been via PM. When dissatisfaction with my moderation is done publicly, there is an obligation to allow others to see my response.

You accurately foretold what the result would be. I should not have had to moderate this - that was your obligation.

Given that my postings were the target of many those innuendos, I consider myself an expert on that aspect of your history. Yes, littered was a rhetorical exaggeration, but its not like it was only once a year, either.

I disagree about griping about the moderating via PM. This is a big-boys' forum. You're a big boy.

Regarding adult content, its nice to know where the line is. No innuendo. Got it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
ROFL! Lets go back to the topic before the family-friendly moderators lock the thread or delete posts.
Yessir.

Given that my postings were the target of many those innuendos, I consider myself an expert on that aspect of your history. Yes, littered was a rhetorical exaggeration, but its not like it was only once a year, either.

I disagree about griping about the moderating via PM. This is a big-boys' forum. You're a big boy.

Regarding adult content, its nice to know where the line is. No innuendo. Got it.

That we engaged in light hearted repartee on occasion I would agree. That you were ever the "target of many.... innuendos" much less that they were "adult" is both misleading and inaccurate. I do not engage in such conduct. The primary definition of innuendo is 1) An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation. I have never spoken in a derogatory manner to or about you. So you see, sir, you are insulting me when you make such statements.

The suggestion for using PM was not because I can't handle it, but rather for your benefit , saves you any potential additional embarrassment + to not unnecessarily involve the rest of the forum. BTW - all of the people reading this forum are not "big boys" - some are children, mothers, aunts & grandmothers. We owe them some respect I think.

In order to make sure that the line is clear - adult content material, sexual remarks or specific reference to same are not welcome on OCDO. Occasional innuendo may or may not be permissible dependent on the reference.

This thread has heavily moderated content and is about neither OC nor RKBA, and is without any redeeming benefit to the forum.

Therefore we shall proceed to [highlight]lock it.[/highlight]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.