• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

quick question

mike1516

im a florida resident i do not have a concealed carry license but i just put a smith and wesson m&p 15 on lay away at kittery trading post in maine and im fixing to switch my stuff over to become a new hampshire residence (looking for an apartment)

my question to you guys is this and i do realize i will get flamed but all im asking is everyone be civil. until i get my new hampshire residence may i open carry in the state of new hampshire loaded. i understand i cant have the gun loaded in a vehicle but can i have the rifle loaded at per say a open carry demonstration with the florida license and no non resident permit. thank u all

KBCraig

Welcome to the forum. You've got the answers right.

In NH, a license is only needed for two things: carrying a handgun that is both loaded and concealed on your person, or carrying a loaded handgun in a vehicle.

"Loaded" means ammunition actually in the gun. You can have a loaded magazine next to it and be fine. Open or concealed are irrelevant in a vehicle; you need a license whether it's visible or not.

Once you establish NH residency, you apply at the local PD for your license. It's a simple two page form, must-issue within 14 days, and the license is only $10.

mike1516

Welcome to the forum. You've got the answers right.

In NH, a license is only needed for two things: carrying a handgun that is both loaded and concealed on your person, or carrying a loaded handgun in a vehicle.

"Loaded" means ammunition actually in the gun. You can have a loaded magazine next to it and be fine. Open or concealed are irrelevant in a vehicle; you need a license whether it's visible or not.

Once you establish NH residency, you apply at the local PD for your license. It's a simple two page form, must-issue within 14 days, and the license is only $10.

Thank u sir for the response chances Are I won't do it before I get my residency here and even then Ill probally do it with a handgun but I was just curious just in case if an oc event pips up when I'm on hometime Thank u again