• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really confused

Glocklover20

I no this is "opencarry" and I do everyday but this week I've been in Tn and I have my cc and enhanced, I can't seem to find my answer anywhere. I need to no when I cc in tn do I follow ms law and rules or Tn or both?

Fallschirjmäger

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

This applies ALMOST universally; FedGov has been known to prosecute citizens who return from abroad for doing things that are legal overseas but not legal in the United States.

Glocklover20

Ok I was not sure because some states honor but I saw other states reciprocate I think, I was not real sure if that changed anything. Thanks for the answers....

cjohnson44546

Follow TN laws...

and remember... no matter your permit being enhanced or whatever, its still illegal to carry in posted private property... "no gun" signs always carry the weight of law, unless its a parking lot and you leave the vehicle locked in your own personally owned vehicle.

Open Carry is illegal in TN, unless you have a permit... your CC permit is honored in TN, so should allow concealed and open carry both as far as I know.

Last edited:

Kopis

Always follow the laws of the state you're in, just like the speed limit. Im an eastern AR resident but OC in TN but must CC in AR.

Glocklover20

Follow TN laws...

and remember... no matter your permit being enhanced or whatever, its still illegal to carry in posted private property... "no gun" signs always carry the weight of law, unless its a parking lot and you leave the vehicle locked in your own personally owned vehicle.

Open Carry is illegal in TN, unless you have a permit... your CC permit is honored in TN, so should allow concealed and open carry both as far as I know.

With enhanced the "no gun signs" do not have any legal teeth unless it is seen and I am asked to leave and refuse to do so...that's from the DMV and from how
I have interpreted the law, but I get your point. Thanks for your reply and all others

independence

With enhanced the "no gun signs" do not have any legal teeth unless it is seen and I am asked to leave and refuse to do so...that's from the DMV and from how
I have interpreted the law, but I get your point. Thanks for your reply and all others

Quite true, in MS. Not true when you are in TN.

By the way, it stinks that a nonresident can't get a MS enhanced permit. :(

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.