• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Tim Kaine introduces assault weapons ban

Blk97F150

Sen. Tim Kaine introduces assault weapons ban

Sen. Tim Kaine said Wednesday that he introduced a ban on assault weapons, but it has yet to gain any support in the Senate.

“I’m a gun owner and a Second Amendment supporter, but I support reinstating … the ban on assault weapons we had in place in the ‘90s,” Mr. Kaine, Virginia Democrat, said on CNN.

Full article:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/28/tim-kaine-introduces-assault-weapons-ban/

Blk97F150

An email reply from the carpetbagger in office.

------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me about the horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

On February 14th, 2018, 17 people, many of them children, tragically lost their lives while over a dozen more were wounded after a lone gunman carried an AR-15 rifle into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and opened fire. I am heartbroken and grieve with those affected by this dreadful day.

Our nation has witnessed senseless tragedy after senseless tragedy at the hands of merciless gunmen, many of them in schools, while too many in elected office ignore cries for action. We can't keep going on like this. Virginians are all too familiar with the horrific toll of gun violence, and I am so inspired by the young leaders from the Commonwealth, Florida, and all across America speaking out and saying enough is enough. They are mobilizing and calling for urgent action to protect our families from gun violence. The unified voices of these young Americans are loud and clear: we must act now.

I'm proud to be their partner in this fight. While no single legislative fix can wholly eliminate violence in this country, Congress must take comprehensive steps to dramatically reduce the risk of these horrible tragedies. I have cosponsored several pieces of legislation that I believe would take the right steps to make communities safer in the future. These proposals include limits on combat-style weapons and high-capacity magazines; a repeal of a law to shield gun manufacturers from liability; strengthening the background check process for gun purchases; a ban on bump stocks; and closing loopholes that allow domestic abusers to legally obtain weapons. I also support funding for improved mental health services and am open to any number of other commonsense proposals to reduce gun violence.

One proposal that has been discussed in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting, including by the President, is to arm teachers. I do not support this idea because I have not seen evidence that arming teachers would prevent these tragedies, and I have heard widespread opposition from educators who want to focus on teaching their students. Further, mass shootings are not limited to schools, and we must focus on preventing unstable individuals from possessing weapons intended to inflict mass casualties.

I remain passionate about this because April 16th, 2007, was the worst day of my life-when 32 people were shot and killed at Virginia Tech. Nearly 11 years later, there are far too many "worst days" in America. The public supports commonsense rules, and so do the vast majority of gun owners. I will continue to work to bring about a comprehensive approach that will strengthen the safety of our communities. As a gun owner myself, I know that you can be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment without tolerating the gun tragedies that are too often a part of our daily lives.

Thank you once again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Tim Kaine

The Wolfhound

He is competing with Terry McAwfull

We had Terry the Tyrant. Tim is feeling left out and we know how motivated by "feelings" the Dems are. He wants to be known as Timmy the Tyrant. He will never out grow his official handle granted by the state employees who had to work under his "reign": "The Demented Chipmunk". If in doubt where this comes from, just look at any picture of the man, especially if he chooses to smile.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ending in a bloody mess.

Being around Tim Kaine requires the wearing of a hazmat suit.
Been saying since TK was first on s-ity council: Kaine ain't able.

With all of the not-from-around-heres moving in and voting blindly for the D side of the ballot, we have our work cut out for us. Their theme would seem to be "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag......and move to Virginia."

Va_Nemo

For you VA patriots; a Rep in the primary for the nomination to replace little Timmy...

https://www.chicksonright.com/2018/...ponse-to-liberals-calling-us-gun-happy-nazis/

I have been paying attention to the Freitas guy for a while now. I am very pleased with the more I discover. Do all in Va good thing and spend some time looking at him BEFORE the process starts to select candidate and election this fall.

This guy may not be the best, but there ain't none better with a hat in the ring.

Nemo