• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate panel to vote on revamped conceal-carry bill

apierce918

Governor Walker will not sign any CC bill until after the recall elections. Bad juju to sign it before said elections.

not really, he has already pissed off the liberals, if he signs a bill, they will do what? get "madder".

I tell you what he doesnt want to do... is have pissed off democrats and pissed of gun advocates who are generally republicans, when he knows a recall attempt is very likely already.

He will want to keep one side happy

detroit_fan

forgive my ignorance on WI politics, but if democrats win 3(or more) of the senate recall elections, when do they take office and do you guys anticipate the CC bill to be passed before then?

paul@paul-fisher.com

forgive my ignorance on WI politics, but if democrats win 3(or more) of the senate recall elections, when do they take office and do you guys anticipate the CC bill to be passed before then?

The election are to be held July 12th. When they would take office, I do not know. It would not be immediately, I do know that.

There is a possibility that the Republicans pick up a seat as well.

safcrkr

The election are to be held July 12th. When they would take office, I do not know. It would not be immediately, I do know that.

There is a possibility that the Republicans pick up a seat as well.

July 12th is the correct date, provided that only one person files to run against the incumbant on that date. If more than one person files, regardless of party affiliation, then the July 12th election becomes a "primary", with the election for the seat not held until August. That has already happened in my district. Dem Jim Holperin now has two Republican challengers. So the July 12th election becomes a primary to see which will run against him in the recall. The recall is therefore postponed until at least August.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Governor Walker will not sign any CC bill until after the recall elections. Bad juju to sign it before said elections.

That's not what he said during the Radio interview on the Jerry Bader show the other day..he said he wants one on his desk quickly so he can sign it....but he is not a fan of Constitutional carry

safcrkr

As long as the Senate passes a bill before any recalls take place, and the Assembly does not make any changes after the recalls (if they don't pass it by then too) that would force the bill back to the Senate to approve any Assembly changes, then a Dem takeover of the Senate via recalls in July or August would be too late to stop the bill. They could introduce another bill to repeal the new CC bill, but the Assembly would need to approve that also, and there's no recalls scheduled there. The Assembly won't change until January 2013 at the earliest.

M

McX

Not so quick!

Instead of looking at what you may not do, start looking at what you may do.

what i may do? i dont see alot, except me getting nailed for driving home Constitutional like, getting stopped in a school zone, and busted for it. then i think i see no carry allowed in Churches. Did they consult with God on this? this bill is still garbage, a rail job into a permit system, that will hike the fees up on in the future, cause they're losing money. this is NO DEAL, WE ARE BEING WHORED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

McX

That's not what he said during the Radio interview on the Jerry Bader show the other day..he said he wants one on his desk quickly so he can sign it....but he is not a fan of Constitutional carry

he'd better wake up and be a fan of keeping his job!

paul@paul-fisher.com

what i may do? i dont see alot, except me getting nailed for driving home Constitutional like, getting stopped in a school zone, and busted for it. then i think i see no carry allowed in Churches. Did they consult with God on this? this bill is still garbage, a rail job into a permit system, that will hike the fees up on in the future, cause they're losing money. this is NO DEAL, WE ARE BEING WHORED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not see anything about churches. If there is a prohibition there, my Pastor will not be happy.