• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in a Detroit Police precinct

NHCGRPR45

The wack job used good tactics, He stayed mobile, did the unexpected. Attacked from a surprise position, didn't telegraph his intent until he was in an optimum firing position. Used a near perfect weapon for in close CQB engagements. And got lucky.

The fact that he didn't kill anyone is due the fact he was an idiot. Poor ammo selection, little to no training in the type of engagement he involved himself.

The officers fought back from a severe disadvantage, and won, based on luck and training. They won by a very narrow margin. Poor ammo on there part, and little to no awareness of what was going on around them allowed the shot gunner to get in a good position to attack.

I hope they all recover, and I hope they fix the problems that got them into such a bad situation.