• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I noticed there is a couple threads for everyday carry reports in southern and eastern WA, but none up north. So I'm starting one for Snohomish County.

Here's my OC experience today.

Got home from work and went to Starbucks. I'm going to start going everyday. Ordered a hot chocolate, sat down and listened to my mp3 player while drinking said hot chocolate. 3 LEO's were sitting down on a break with drinks. They saw me and said nothing. After they left 2 more LEO's showed up. Same thing happened. 1 more LEO showed after that. Again nothing.

After I finished my Hot Chocolate I decided to check out the new Game Stop that just opened by my house. The female worker came over to help me pick some games. She was very chatty and nice. We talked about what kinda of video games we like to play. She did not mention my firearm once. She didn't even seam to care or notice. That's the way it should be. The other clerk seam to not care either. I found 2 games I liked and when I went to purchase them, she asked her boss if they did military discounts(she saw my Military ID). I thought that was cool because I did not even think about asking. There was a family with kids in there as well and the dad talked to me just like he would anyone else.

Next I went to Panda Express to get dinner. As I was paying for my food the teenage female cashier asked if I was a cop or something. I said nope I'm just a legally armed citizen. She said Oh I see it's just not that often you see regular people carrying guns on the side of their pants. I told her that it actually happens a lot more often then she thinks. She then told me to have a nice day.

All in all an uneventful and good OC day as it should be. :D

SigGuy23

Activist Member
sounds like you were in Smokey Point? One of these days we will cross paths, I think last time you posted we missed each other in the Albertsons by maybe an hour.

Yes I was in that area. I live right around the corner of the Smokey point NEX/Commissary Support complex. The Starbucks I was at was the one right down the street from Albertsons by Petsmart. The Game stop and Panda express were the ones that just opened on 172nd by walmart and the I-5 entrance 206.

We should get together at Starbucks for a beverage this weekend?

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Wrote a big thing about my OC report today, but I lost it.

That's not good. Why don't you try to rewrite it?

As far as my OC day. I went to Starbucks and had a Tea/Lemonade mix. Listened to music and played on my phone while I was enjoying my beverage. No looks or comments. After Starbucks I went to La Hacienda. Good food. No looks or comments. Went and saw Act of Valor. Concealed for that because of the movie theater I was at. It was a great movie BTW.

That's pretty much it. It was a perfect OC day.

FMJ 911

So I don't "Lose" my report again, I'm keeping this one short.

OC Report 02/25/2012

Went to DJ's loan & sport and looked around. They were busy, so I left after looking around. Drove up to Monroe to take a look a "Epic Firearms", but they were closed. Then I went up to Snohomish for a lunch meeting that didn't work out, so I ate lunch anyway. The Cashier at Arby's thought highly of my S&W .45 ACP WWI Revolver(Yes, It's 100% Authentic and 91 years old!), I ate lunch and draw some curious looks from a family in the corner. After lunch, I went to TDR Firearms, and bought some 7.62x54R and 8mm, no one even noticed my gun. Then I decided to go up to Arlington and drive east to the Oso Shooting pit, but on the road to access the pit, I got stuck and the Truck I was driving just about slid over a 50-foot embankment. I called my Brother-in-law for help, and he called a friend with a shop truck to pull the Dodge out of the mud. So I paid the friend $50 for his help(That's all I had!), and he really liked the S&W I was carrying. Then I went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant but I decided to leave the gun in the car. Then after dinner, I went to the Gas Station because the truck was literally on empty, and there were several people acting strange, so I put $40 in the tank and left for home.

That was my day!

FMJ 911

Ok, good day so far.

Went to the OC Meeting at the Kenmore Starbucks, and there were many people attending! I talked quite a bit! And Mr. S&W quietly sat there in my holster saying not a word!

I'm back at home now, and trying to work up some energy for later, I might even go shopping!

amlevin

Ok, good day so far.

Went to the OC Meeting at the Kenmore Starbucks, and there were many people attending! I talked quite a bit! And Mr. S&W quietly sat there in my holster saying not a word!

I'm back at home now, and trying to work up some energy for later, I might even go shopping!

Are you going to ask "Mr S&W" if it's OK? If maybe "he" wants go too?;);)

FMJ 911

Are you going to ask "Mr S&W" if it's OK? If maybe "he" wants go too?;);)

Last night I heard a small knock on my gun safe door, so I opened it, and Mr. S&W was sitting there asking if I could bring him along (He's 91-years old, and can't drive anymore), so I said yes, and he was happy.

The Kimber and Broomhandle Mauser were jealous to say the least. They like to hog all the attention!

And yes, Mr. S&W Wants to go to the store later, but he doesn't like rain very much. His favorite place is the gun store, But I have to be careful, He tries to talk to all the other guns in there!

amlevin

Last night I heard a small knock on my gun safe door, so I opened it, and Mr. S&W was sitting there asking if I could bring him along (He's 91-years old, and can't drive anymore), so I said yes, and he was happy.

The Kimber and Broomhandle Mauser were jealous to say the least. They like to hog all the attention!

And yes, Mr. S&W Wants to go to the store later, but he doesn't like rain very much. His favorite place is the gun store, But I have to be careful, He tries to talk to all the other guns in there!

You remind me of "Murdoch" on an episode of A-Team when he kept talking to a "sock puppet".

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Went to 5 guys today. Got a few looks. While eating one older man stared at me non stop until he got his food and left. He did not say anything. A few minutes later one of the employees who I have talked to before said "I see you got a important tool on your hip there" I said yep. He asked how my day was going and then he went about his business. Later a man while going to sit down after getting his food said "I bet you have trouble getting on and off base with that thing don't you?" I was wearing a Navy t-shirt so I guess he could tell I'm military. I told that I don't bring it on base. I live off base and just leave it at home when I go to work. We started talking and it turns out that he is in the Navy as well.

After 5 Guys I went to Starbucks and got a Passion Fruit Tazo Tea. No looks or anything. Completely normal day there.

So yeah that was my OC day. Nothing to exciting witch is the way it should be.

Last edited:

FMJ 911

My CPL Came in the mail today. I applied for it on Thursday, March 1st.

I didn't go anywhere today, So I spent my day cleaning a 1945 Soviet M44 Carbine, and organizing my cluttered house.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
My CPL Came in the mail today. I applied for it on Thursday, March 1st.

I didn't go anywhere today, So I spent my day cleaning a 1945 Soviet M44 Carbine, and organizing my cluttered house.

Wow you got your CPL quick. It took me 3 weeks to get mine in the mail after I applied. I wonder why my mine took so much longer. Oh well at least I got it. Congrats on getting yours.

FMJ 911

Wow you got your CPL quick. It took me 3 weeks to get mine in the mail after I applied. I wonder why my mine took so much longer. Oh well at least I got it. Congrats on getting yours.

I applied at the Sheriff's Office in Sultan. There's not much going on there, so the process/issue period was very brief. If I had gone to the Hall of Records in Everett, It may have taken longer.

I am glad to have my CPL, but like my usual dopey self, I have not carried anything yet! Oh well, I'm going to be getting a new Pistol soon to try out.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I applied at the Sheriff's Office in Sultan. There's not much going on there, so the process/issue period was very brief. If I had gone to the Hall of Records in Everett, It may have taken longer.

I am glad to have my CPL, but like my usual dopey self, I have not carried anything yet! Oh well, I'm going to be getting a new Pistol soon to try out.

Oh that makes sence. The Everett location is pretty busy. That's where I went. Why don't you carry your kimber?