• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stainless...can we see your verison of the OC pamphlet?

PDinDetroit

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I seem to remember that at the SAM, there was a "Right to Bare Arms" sign put up for everyone to see, and it generarted a little commentary, but this is getting out of hand.

As an OCer, I do "bare" my arms, :lol:however, this was clearly an error.

My wordpad has no spellckeckr:p
How about OpenOffice then?

http://www.openoffice.org/

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

malignity wrote:
Go back to the California forums and argue there, you have a LOT more to worry about in your state rather than coming to ours with your nonsense.
LOL! Do you think that worked for the first 50,000 OCDOers who attempted it?

My general policy is to make twice as many posts whenever the irrelevant fact that I live in California is brought up. ;)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
There are many things that, by themselves, are not necessarily an indication of how intelligent a person is...... Yet those things certainly go a long way in how a person, and their beliefs, are viewed.

An individual who is dressed sloppy, needs a haircut and/or a bath, hands out poorly written proposals containing spelling and grammar errors, or doesn't speak in a direct and clear manner... may be the most intelligent person on the entire earth but...

They will have a difficult time getting other people to pay attention to them and take them, and the things they write or say, seriously.

Just like a person who fervently advocates open carry but isn't carrying a gun in plain sight where it is legal to do so..... will not be taken seriously.

Perception is reality... how people perceive me is what they think of me.. and my message.
This.

I never said, nor implied, that the sole criterion for judging a person's intelligence is, or ought to be, their ability to spell.

But, you disregard the weight it carries at your own peril. Sure, intelligent people *can* misspell words, but then intelligent and capable people *will* use the tools necessary to assist themselves where they need assistance. What does this suggest about those who do not?

It's just like bathing: bathing, alone, doesn't prove one thing or another about a person. But it indicates a whole lot. ;)