• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State approves Open Carry Bill (Oklahoma)

Jim40Cal

Law abiding citizens of Oklahoma who want to publicly carry a pistol on their hip or in a shoulder holster may do so under a bill overwhelmingly approved on Wednesday by the state House of Representatives.

The bill, which passed 85 to 9, will now go to the Oklahoma state Senate, where Representative Steve Martin, the Republican who sponsored the measure, said he believes it will be approved and then signed into law by Republican Governor Mary Fallin.

Way to go Oklahoma

Last edited:

larueman

Sweet!!

Though I cant open carry at work concealed is concealed. I work in OK.

It will be great to see people sticking up for there rights though no one should have to make this a law.

I have asked people what they think about it and all I get from them is it will be like the old west days. I do wish some people would have taken history classes..

Let em all go bahhhhhhhhh.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I have asked people what they think about it and all I get from them is it will be like the old west days. I do wish some people would have taken history classes..

Let em all go bahhhhhhhhh.

I wish they would understand crime statistics. The movie industry portrayal of gun fights over card games etc while occasionally did actually happen, the crime rates were much lower.

Making firearm illegal in pretty much all instances is a product of racism and deflected fears projected upon inanimate objects so as to escape the reality that all humans are indeed not good people. Even today people continue to try and deflect the criminal behavior onto reasons other than the criminal themselves.

I have a friend facing this very problem. She continues to seek "help" for her son and his "problems" when in reality, he is simply a criminal. In that twisted up modern day mentality, he pretty much thinks it is "cool" he has been in trouble with the law and in some way makes him a thug bad ass.

Unimpressed, I simply told him I was not aware he was gay and thought it odd he chose this manner to come out of the closet. In typical adolescent manner he insisted he was not, I reminded him he was 17 now and B&E charges, theft charges, and drug charges were now ADULT charges and I assumed he was seeking to be raped in prison as his coming out party since that is where he is heading.

He joined the group of folks who do not think I am a nice person.

Congrats to the folks of Oklahoma, you can now carry as you see fit. As some of you may opt for OC, you will be sending a clear message to this type that not only is prison a threat, but the fact he might make the mistake of picking a house where the owner will just pull out a blaster and send him to hell is not a bad thing, might even change his thoughts on being a criminal.