• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry and Strict Scrutiny bill has been filed

77zach

One has to laugh. OC, dead. Campus carry, dead. SYG fix, dead. SB 130, a gun control bill on the way to passage. If there were a collective will, these pols would be out on a rail. Disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raventai

What makes you think OC is dead? Sb300 may be road blocked but hb163 is going to the house floor and will likely pass, and then from my understanding can go directly to the Senate floor where it may or may not pass but it would not call it "dead" yet.

77zach

What makes you think OC is dead? Sb300 may be road blocked but hb163 is going to the house floor and will likely pass, and then from my understanding can go directly to the Senate floor where it may or may not pass but it would not call it "dead" yet.
Portilla said yesterday that he'll block sb300 unless OC is stripped. Gardiner will not help us get it to the senate floor, so you can stick a fork in it. All else equal, there's a decent chance next year with Negroen as senate president.

davidmcbeth

Banned
One has to laugh. OC, dead. Campus carry, dead. SYG fix, dead. SB 130, a gun control bill on the way to passage. If there were a collective will, these pols would be out on a rail. Disgusting.

One should not get disheartened. Your RBKA is as strong as ever. Its just that gov't tyranny fluctuates over time ~ from being only majorly to totally repressive.

Really, folks should stop looking to the gov't to address gov't tyranny regarding our RKBA.

If one believes its a right then the laws passed are not worth much, so they should not upset you.

Its only when one thinks that the gov't can regulate a right is when you get ulcers.

Any law (or other votes of gov't officials) passed that touches on a right (ex: they pass a law saying that one can carry on campus or that they pass a law saying one cannot) is just the gov't willing to use force to impose its will w/o legal authority.

This does not mean that one stays out of the fight however; these fights expose government corruption. And not just related to our RKBA. Most folks see the corruption but it does not register in their brains ~ sometimes due to ignorance and sometimes because they see the corruption as being acceptable and sometimes because they have no time to explore it further. That's why, in this fight to keep our rights all manners of folks who focus on different aspects are valuable.

randian

All else equal, there's a decent chance next year with African Americanen as senate president.
Why would you expect that? Black politicians, even allegedly Republican ones, are much more reliably anti-gun than white ones. I think only Asian ones are more anti-gun (see what they did to Hawaii).

77zach

Why would you expect that? Black politicians, even allegedly Republican ones, are much more reliably anti-gun than white ones. I think only Asian ones are more anti-gun (see what they did to Hawaii).

LOL. OCDO's filter is so gay, the president elect to the Florida senate's last name is spelled similarly to a racial slur.

The open carry bill will hit the Full House Tuesday. If there is some dealing, perhaps Gardiner will get it to the full senate. Fingers crossed, but not hopeful.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ouse-to-hear-pro-gun-bills-on-tuesday-act-now

California Right To Carry

Bill passes 2nd reading

The "unfriendly amendments" were shot down. The bill goes onto the third reading. If today's votes on the amendments were any indication, the bill (HB 163) should easily pass the House and move onto the Senate.

Last edited:

ADulay

http://pursuitofpatriotism.blogspot.com/2016/02/petulance-in-florida-house-of.html

Like a spoiled brat who cannot get his way, Representative Jared Evan Moskowitz nips here and there at HB 163, knowing he will not get anywhere with this tactic. Read the full article, and let me know what you think.

Moskowitz sounded like a broken record during the live feed tonight. If I hear "500 feet from" anything in the future, his name will be cemented in my brain.

Luckily ALL of his silly amendments were shot down, as they should be.

And then the lady who wanted an amendment to carry an empty gun and hammer down (for you half-crazed 1911 guys I supposed).

It's an eye opener when you listen to some of the questions and "statements" from these people. Best entertainment I've had in a long time, especially the votes on all the amendments at the end.

Our man GAETZ was excellent and handled every question quite nicely.

AD

77zach

http://pursuitofpatriotism.blogspot.com/2016/02/petulance-in-florida-house-of.html

Like a spoiled brat who cannot get his way, Representative Jared Evan Moskowitz nips here and there at HB 163, knowing he will not get anywhere with this tactic. Read the full article, and let me know what you think.

It wasn't Moskowitz that hurt us. Republican rep Wood hurt us the most. The bill faces hostility by some of the anti freedom republicans in the senate. He increased the hostility and lowered and already very low chance that they will accept it.

phil1979

All Moskowitz did was waste time and aggravate - I agree with that.

Not sure what to think about Rep. Wood. I do know that Rep. Gaetz said Wood's amendment was neither friendly nor hostile.

It does seem to be hypocritical of them to vote their ability to legally carry a firearm in chambers, without including all licensed citizens. Servants of the people are not supposed to be more "special" than them.

It wasn't Moskowitz that hurt us. Republican rep Wood hurt us the most. The bill faces hostility by some of the anti freedom republicans in the senate. He increased the hostility and lowered and already very low chance that they will accept it.

77zach

3rd reading will happen shortly in the House. They're "debating" the campus carry bill right now. All I can say is that the opposition is mentally ill.

randian

3rd reading will happen shortly in the House. They're "debating" the campus carry bill right now. All I can say is that the opposition is mentally ill.
They have yet to explain why law-abiding licensed carriers will suddenly start killing people once they get on campus. If a college campus is so dangerous as to induce violent episodes in people entering it why would anybody let their kid attend school at one? The same, of course, goes for the K-12 carry ban.

77zach

I feel badly for the black community. They're human beings too and they're just too dumb or enslaved to get out. What a shame. If you're watching the testimony you'll understand.

77zach

I'm sorry. In Florida, we need to disenfranchise the black community. We need to do it for our future as a nation. If I were black and still had my beliefs that I do, I'd be for black disenfranchisement. This is UNBELIEVABLE.

77zach

The Licensed Open Carry bill has passed the full House. It's fate now rests with the relatively anti gun senate; specifically Senate President Gardiner and senator Portilla who is chair of the Judiciary Committee where the bill is stalled. In the next month, we will find out if we'll have open carry this year.

Last edited:

jammer

Do you ever have anything positive to say, about anything?---- EVER??

77zach

Do you ever have anything positive to say, about anything?---- EVER??

Very rarely. I've been a member here for 10 years and have followed the Florida legislature on a host of topics. On gun bills and cases, I've been right nearly every time. Unfortunately. I was in the minority on Norman vs State, and it was as if the kourt copied and pasted what I wrote on here. I've studied the statist mind and followed politics closely when I was in college. If you watched the debate today on the floor, you know how sick in the head many government officials are. They are some of the worst people in society. After all, they want to boss you around.

Here is something positive: If open carry and/or campus carry aren't passed this session, the fact they've gone this far probably means they'll pass next year with senator Neg ron as Senate President.

Last edited: