• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To Mark Alford Fox 4 news

Jim40Cal

Jim:
Mark, I would like to invite you to our open carry meeting this Sat at 4:00 p.m. at
302 Nichol's Rd on the plaza. It just a group of guys who believe in the 2nd amendment and we would love to have you come meet with us. Thanks, James

Mark Alford:
What business is that? I still want to do a story on ur movement. just cant get anyone here at the station to agree it would be news.

I'm trying fella's.........

Big Boy

Of course we'll be carrying. I don't see any reason they couldn't bring a camera. And If starbucks ended up having an issue with it there's always the sidewalk.

ChiangShih

Lol, I'm glad you contacted fox 4, I had thought about it but I wasn't sure if everyone would be comfortable with possibly being put on T.V., this media thing is exciting.

Big Boy

We'll see if they post it up on their site, but fox 4 you should still be able to get local.

Sitting down to watch it just now. They just gave a headliner "It's called the open carry law and it may change some things you think about guns, that and more at 9"

Big Boy

They just did a sort little expo on it. Sounded pretty decent. One thing they said "You can Openly Carry PORPERLY REGISTERED guns." Not true, don't have to register.

Supposed to have more at 10, and opinions of some of the by standers and patrons of starbucks.

Steve9MMinMO

watching at 10

I just caught the 9pm bit which led me here in the first place. I'm interested to see the 10pm part - the reporter's "see very different reactions" line has me curious to see if people were upset.

Steve9MMinMO

Just saw the 10pm bit. They talked with two bystanders. One appeared to be a teenager, though I'm a terrible judge of age; her reaction was "I'd rather not see it". The other was an adult who stated that she agreed with the lawful exercise of rights. Surprisingly fair piece, really, I expected them to pull out some fear tactics about people walking around with guns.

ChiangShih

Yes! That was extremely positive in my opinion! The young lady at the end "I feel safer seeing the gun carried openly than hidden." or along those lines was a great sum up. Good job guys!

Thomas Masse

The end of the report was what made it a good day. Having a citizen say that she was happy that we were there made it all worth while.

Big Boy

Wonderful ending, good fair report. Sad it was so short.

Only two things wrong, the properly registered part, and the can OC with a proper permit part. But oh well, not too big of a deal.

Wonderful exposure. Next time I will be sure to show up on time. Somehow got confused and thought it was at 6. Missed my camera time :p