• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Told to leave Smithfielld Outlets

Bahabandit

So my wife and me went to the Smithfield Outlet mall on Saturday and I OC'ed as usual. I have been there several times while OC'ing and never had a word said to me at all. We get there at around 10 o'clock to do some CHRISTMAS shopping and buy a few other things. We parked on one side of the mall and make our way around to the other side like we do every time. On our way to the other side I pass at least 5 security guards and 4 or so Smithfield Police Officers and nothing was said. Well we get around to where the little admin office is there and I took my son into the bathroom cause he has to go. I get out and I go to put my son back in his stroller to continue on to the next store that we planned to visit and low and behold some fat security guard with a nasty northern accent is standing beside my wife and the stroller. He asks me if I am a LEO and I told him no and said I am in the military. He shook his head and just said "NO" rudely. This whole time his radio was chattering with "You can tell him to leave because you are a security guard." At this point my blood pressure was so high I could feel that my face was red because I was so mad. Then he tells me that since the outlet mall was private property that I had to leave and that I couldn't have my gun there. Feeling that I was so mad I took a deep breath and told him that I would not be stepping foot on that place again. I then handed him a "No Money, No Guns" card and took myself home. I have already started drafting a letter to the realty group that owns the mall and a letter to all of the stores that are there stating that since they don't honor my rights I will not honor them with my money.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... I have been there several times while OC'ing ... I then handed him a "No Money, No Guns" card and took myself home. I have already started drafting a letter to the realty group that owns the mall and a letter to all of the stores that are there stating that since they don't honor my rights I will not honor them with my money.

Any chance of being able to return some things you've already bought there, too?

Being a mall, make sure you write to the actual stores that you spend money at. Make sure they know that the mall kicked you out. They pay a lot of rent to be in that mall, and might not appreciate that.

Bahabandit

I would take the things back that we bought but it is about 1 1/2 hours away. I have already got a letter in the works to the individual stores that are there letting them know what they did.

solus

Baha, i have never experienced what you did this weekend. I am actually shocked since the individual outdoor mall stores and staff are quite gracious in their acceptance of OC with shoppers in their stores...

I might have to toddle over on my way to springhill outfitters (gun store) to see if i am received the same way...

ipse

Last edited:

Bahabandit

The last few times I went I never even got so much as a wink or a whisper. I will never be going back to that place or any of Simon Realty Groups properties.

Chief1297

I have OC'd quite a few times down there...never an issue. They really need to post it so I know never to go there again.