• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waiting more than 14 days for your NH non-resident? READ THIS!

mp3mogul

imported post

If I had this to do again, I would have sent my application by CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED that gave a signature of a person that signed for it.

The reason I state this... after all the calling and waiting I did, they told me that received my application on the 14th of July, and that they had 14 days from the date they received it to process it.

They "FULLY" knew what was going on... I told them to look at the date of the application, they stated that I could have back dated it.

So a word to all, when recommending to people, have them send it certified, with a return receipt.... this starts the ball turning on the day they sign for it.

The post office will not "drop it off" he will require a signature on the date that he delivers it.

ODA 226

imported post

It has been 30 days since I mailed my application. I called yesterday to check the status and got an answering machine. I left my info and Rosemary called back a couple of hours later. She said that they are "probably" just getting to my application and asked me to call back. I told her that I'd call back in 2 weeks. I'll keep everyone posted on my status.

mvpel

imported post

mp3mogul wrote:
If I had this to do again, I would have sent my application by CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED that gave a signature of a person that signed for it.
This is good general policy when dealing with any government bureaucracy.

bradco

imported post

Plastic or paper? oh well I see I sent mine the same day as you did and our checks presented same day, maybe tomorrow or Friday.

jroy7072 wrote:
Ahhhh. Received license today!

mvpel

imported post

Bmoore wrote:
i was away,but it came in, says mailed 7-28
funny thing is issue date is 6-08-08 which would have been the day they received it.mines good til 4-2013

I hope they're not trying to cook the books to make it look like they're not violating the law. Be sure to save the postmarked envelope.

bradco

imported post

Low and behold I got home today and the permit was in the mail, no wonder it is thunder storming here right now. It says date of issue 7/19 and expires 4/2013.

mp3mogul

imported post

Mvpel,

Remember, I posted above that they stated that they received mine on July 14th so they had 14 days to send it to me??? They were claiming they had just received it, and processed it and sent it to me on the 16th. I didn't save the envelope, but it's obvious this is the tactic they are using.

mvpel

imported post

"Lost in the mail" used to be a believable excuse back in the old days...

mailroom.jpg

... but not in the modern era of delivery point barcodes, Intelligent Mail barcodes, and automated sorting systems that can get a letter from one end of the country to another without being touched by human hands.

M&P40ns

imported post

My first post. Sent application for NH non resident carry permit on 06/18/2008. Received my permit today. I thank NH for the service and ability for me to carry in GA and a few other states thatmy VA permit does not cover. For $20 it's a deal.....

This web site Rocks too!!!

bradco

imported post

M&P40ns wrote:
My first post. Sent application for NH non resident carry permit on 06/18/2008. Received my permit today. I thank NH for the service and ability for me to carry in GA and a few other states thatmy VA permit does not cover. For $20 it's a deal.....

This web site Rocks too!!!
On a positive note.

mvpel

imported post

They're breaking the law, and you should file suit against them instead of asking them politely why they're breaking the law. But that's just me.

I believe the contact numbers were posted on the first page of this thread.

kenny

imported post

I just spoke with Penny Dean. She said she has spoken with many people regarding the slow service on the NH State Police. So no one has come forward who was clean and had the funds to file a lawsuit.

Opinions on this forum are a dime a dozen, advice cost half that much. If no one person is willing to file why should I? It reminds me when I was a teenager and people would brag about themselves. I challenge you to put up or shut up.

mvpel

imported post

If no one person is willing to file why should I?
Why shouldn't you?

This is an indication of why the NRA, and every last other gun rights organization in the country, doesn't have 80 million members apiece.

I'd love to sue over this, but I'm a resident of New Hampshire and get my carry license from my town's police department, not the Department of Public Safety, so I don't have standing.

Bmoore

imported post

i talked to penny about this, and your talking thousands of $ to follow through with a lawsuit,also you need to document your app. with registered mail have a perfectly clean record.she said she had someone that was willing and was the right case.