• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waterford PD "You do have the Constitutional right to not videotape that"

NHCGRPR45

I don't see how questioning this officers mental state has anything to do with the illegality of his actions. LE officers come in all types and "command presence" is something they are taught. It seems abrasive because it is, but command presence can be obtained diffrently. The phrase "you get more bees with honey" is very true. The officer was wrong in the way he handled the situation I have no question of that but mentally distured is a bit of a stretch.

budlight

All I was saying is that if the officer approached the situation at hand like he did, more serious situations would probably be over the top. An example of that would be someone OCing in an area like a park with children in it.

Note, I never said disturbed, I just don't feel he is fit for duty based on the way he came on so strong. He never even asked the camera man to stop recording. He simply approached and made threats. The way the officer approached the issue tells me that he feels his word is Gospel and that he feels he is above the law. I would NOT want this hot head showing up at my house if I ever called for service.

Last edited: