• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would it take to get this before SCOTUS?

solus

i'm impressed skid, care to share if that was that creek or redtail you used?

ipse

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Why would anyone want to put their rights up for SCOTUS review?

SCOTUS has a long history full of anti-rights decisions. Very long. Very full.

If I recall, Heller was 5-4. I certainly wasn't more than 6-3. All it would have taken was one or two more members of the ruling gang's top judicial committee to vote the other way, and your right would have seriously eroded.

Did the nobles ask King John's court to recognize their rights and restrain John in 1215? No. They told John in so many words you will recognize these rights was we have laid them out in this Magna Carta.

Did the people of England sit around requesting the government play fair with John Lilburne during his trumped-up trials for treason? No. They made it clear they were done screwing around.

If the last 4500 years of history have taught anything, its that government will always subordinate rights to the aims of the govern-ers. Are there exceptions to that rule? Sure. Enough to matter? C'mon. You don't need me to answer that for you.

sudden valley gunner

Why would anyone want to put their rights up for SCOTUS review?

SCOTUS has a long history full of anti-rights decisions. Very long. Very full.

If I recall, Heller was 5-4. I certainly wasn't more than 6-3. All it would have taken was one or two more members of the ruling gang's top judicial committee to vote the other way, and your right would have seriously eroded.

Did the nobles ask King John's court to recognize their rights and restrain John in 1215? No. They told John in so many words you will recognize these rights was we have laid them out in this Magna Carta.

Did the people of England sit around requesting the government play fair with John Lilburne during his trumped-up trials for treason? No. They made it clear they were done screwing around.

If the last 4500 years of history have taught anything, its that government will always subordinate rights to the aims of the govern-ers. Are there exceptions to that rule? Sure. Enough to matter? C'mon. You don't need me to answer that for you.

Yep all too many feel the courts are the peoples protectors....which we know to be far from the truth. They seem to represent the kings courts more than the old kings courts did.