• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Australia?

Haz.

Woman fights off three attackers

Absolute cowards attack unarmed woman. Haz.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...ckers-in-midland/story-e6frg143-1225924992076

Woman fights off three attackers in Midland Chris Robinson From: PerthNow September 16, 2010 3:53PMA WOMAN escaped with only minor injuries after she fought off three attackers during an attempted bag-snatch in Midland last week.
Police said the woman, 20, had been walking along Margaret St at about 1.15pm on September 7 when she was grabbed from behind by her hair.

Last edited:

Haz.

Man stunned in CBD brawl

Crackdown after crackdown by police on drunken drug crazed inner city brawlers has done nothing to stop the carnage. Drunken thugs brazenly turn on police, WHO ARE ARMED with tazers and firearms! What hope does an unarmed public have. This is why people are hiding in their homes at night, this is why tourists are being warned to stay away. The firearms ban has done nothing but empower drunked loutish brawling criminal behaviour.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/man-stunned-in-cbd-brawl/story-e6frfku0-1225926151020

Breaking news Man stunned in CBD brawl
From: AAP September 19, 2010 8:06AM POLICE used a stun gun on a man during a violent struggle in Sydney's CBD.

Last edited:

Haz.

Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia, newsletter.

Theres always hope in the wind. Recently and newly elected Independents at the Australian federal election have publicly slammed The Greens’ philosophy and the gun buy-backs as nonsensical legislation that only affects the law-abiding. Haz.

ssaa@ssaa.cminteractive.net

SSAA
Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia
Become a shooter

E-newsletter - September 2010

New political climate - a fresh start

The tenuous Federal Election result announced earlier this month provides both challenges and incentives for the SSAA to ramp up its lobbying to the benefit of members.

The reality of the new political climate is that currently, it would take only one vote to bring down the Labor Government and see the start of a new Coalition executive. What this means for us is that we will be increasing our communication with all parties, including Labor, the Liberal-National Coalition and the king-maker Independents.

Despite The Greens having an increased power in the Senate next July, there’s a real opportunity for those like us, who want to protect the outdoor sports and recreations, to make a difference with the assistance of the Independents. Several of these Independents have publicly slammed The Greens’ philosophy and the gun buy-backs as nonsensical legislation that only affects the law-abiding.

In summary, it’s a fresh start and one which SSAA National will utilise to the benefit of members.

Last edited:

Haz.

Shots fired into the ceiling in front of drinkers and staff.

"In most instances the thieves, wearing balaclavas and armed with pistols, machetes and baseball bats, storm into hotels. They use stolen cars that are later dumped."
"I haven't been robbed lately but ring me next week. It's happening that often at the moment," one publican said."
"Supt Antonjuk said it was vital that staff, drinkers or anyone who found themselves involved in an armed robbery remained calm and co-operated with the robbers."

Its hard to do anything else when we have dozens of people in the building, ALL UNARMED, Haz.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...and-bottle-shops/story-e6freuy9-1225929667816

Bandits' slim pickings in Sydney as gangs rob pubs, clubs and bottle shops Mark Morri Crime Editor From: The Daily Telegraph September 27, 2010 12:00AM.

Last edited:

Haz.

A WOMAN was battered with a crow bar during a terrifying home invasion.

Unarmed woman bashed with crowbar, robbed and left to die.

Thanks for dissarming Australia Mr. Howard, and thanks fo promising us we would be safer. We are still waiting for this, "I promise you, you will be safer without guns," to occure.

In the mean time, we continue to be bashed, robbed, raped and murdered, in our homes which are invaded by criminals. We are forced out of our cars in broard daylight by armed criminals who never handed in their firearms. Haz.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/woman-52-battered-with-crow-bar/story-e6freuy9-1225929762733

Woman, 52, battered with crow bar Staff Writer From: The Daily Telegraph September 27, 2010 6:28AM

Last edited:

Haz.

Trigger for reform - Bill Crews' family wants tougher firearm laws .

A police officer is accidently shot by his fellow officers during a shoot out with a criminal, his parents call for tougher gun laws, and law abiding citizens must suffer the consequences. This is what we are dealing with down under.

"THE parents of killed police officer William Crews have backed a campaign calling for tougher gun laws and mandatory sentencing for people caught with illegal firearms."

We already have the toughest gun laws of any western country in the world which includes mandatory sentencing for people caught with illegal firearms."

"Despite their heartache, their pride in Constable Crews would be their focus."
Campaining for tougher gun laws in Australia, in my humble opinion is not focusing on their dead son and his family! Haz.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...her-firearm-laws/story-e6freuzi-1225931179170

Trigger for reform - Bill Crews' family wants tougher firearm laws .

The Daily Telegraph
THE parents of killed police officer William Crews have backed a campaign calling for tougher gun laws and mandatory sentencing for people caught with illegal firearms.

Last edited:

Haz.

Police hunt for gun in bikie shooting.

Yes, guns have been banned down under for some years now but its made no difference for criminals. A police officer's family who was recently accidently shot by his fellow officer during a shootout with a criminal, have now called for tougher gun laws in Australia. Again, its only the law abiding citizens who will suffer the consequences. Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...n-bikie-shooting/story-e6frfku0-1225932100065

Police hunt for gun in bikie shooting.

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

Adelaide street gang are turning on each other with guns.

Again, this proves beyond doubt that the Australian Governments gun-ban and buy-back, aimed at preventing gun crime and promising to make our society a safer place, was a compete and total wast of time and five hundred million Australian tax payers dollars . . . . . . $500,000,000 .

"Ink Central is a gathering point for New Boys and a battlefield where violence regularly spills over, prompting Hindley St traders to call for it to be closed."

Are our city streets safe? We now have local traders closing shops in the entire street whilst gang battles take over?

"West End Traders spokesman Tony Tropeano said traders should co-operate with police."

Traders are terrified to co-operate with police, and fear for their lives Mr. Tropeano. Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/national/tattoo-gang-members-turn-on-each-other/story-e6frfkvr-1225933065797

National Tattoo gang members turn on each other
MEMBERS of an Adelaide street gang are turning on each other with guns as the city's underworld war intensifies.

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

Masked men bundle girl into car boot.

Criminals now have absolutley no fear what so ever in the land where armed self defence is illegal. They now brazendly pose as police officers and kidnap young women off the streets in broad daylight. This shocking crime is on the rise in the land Down Under. Haz.

Masked men bundle girl into car boot. http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...rl-into-car-boot/story-e6frfku0-1225933334260

Last edited:

Haz.

Gunman terrorises late-night Sunshine Coast hinterland drivers

http://www.news.com.au/national/gun...nterland-drivers/story-e6frfkvr-1225933626414

Gunman terrorises late-night Sunshine Coast hinterland drivers.
By Peter Hall From: The Courier-Mail October 04, 2010 1:00AM

POLICE are hunting a gunman who terrorised a convoy of car enthusiasts, opening fire on them as they travelled down a quiet Queensland hinterland road at the weekend.

The man, wearing a black hoodie and white boardshorts, shot at two vehicles on Twin View Rd at Elimbah, near ]

Last edited:

Haz.

Great-grandmother Beverley Hanley bashed to death.

Getting rid of guns will make our society safer, according to Mr. Howard, former prime Minister of Australia, and I will get rid of them.

"Victims of Crime Commissioner Michael O'Connell said it was important elderly people living alone remained calm in the wake of the latest murder.

"It is despicable that anyone preys on vulnerable and elderly people," he said.

"But despite these two recent killings, elderly people are generally safe in their homes."

Tell that to the families and the victims home invasions, of rape, and of murder Mr. O'Connell.

If you ask me, I believe the Government has despicably preyed upon all Australians, especially the elderly and vulnerable by banning firearms and their use in self defence. Calling Crime Stoppers doesn't seem to be working?

Her daughter stated;
"there was no other mother like her, She wouldn't have gone down without a fight,''

Mr. O'connell stated
""It's important that people know that changing their lifestyle, locking themselves away in their homes has been shown to be a major problem."

We all know its become a major problem SINCE THE FIREARMS BAN, Mr O'connell, and we lock ourselves in our homes because the streets are too dangerous to walk any more, because we have been dissarmed to the criminals advantage? In fact crime is so rampent since the firearms ban we are now not even safe in our homes anymore as well.

What a pity she never had access to a firearm, she may be alive today? Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/national/gre...-in-her-own-home/story-e6frfkvr-1225935215116

Great-grandmother Beverley Hanley bashed to death in her own home
By Hannah Silverman and Kate Kyriacou From: AdelaideNow October 07, 2010 3:19AM

Last edited:

Haz.

I'd use my glock before a tazer gun says top aussie cop.

Well said mate. About time police said it like it is and should be. Armed criminals attacking anyone especially Leo's deserve what they recieve. Haz.

POLICE KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE ON OUR STREETS. Fortunately they are well armed and able to protect themselves. Good for them, I dont have a problem with police being armed and able to defend themselves against CRIMINAL attack, but what about US, the unarmed citizens? . . . Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/national/id-...gun-says-top-cop/story-e6frfkvr-1225935214961

National News.

I'd use my Glock before a Taser gun, says top cop
By Joe Hildebrand From: The Daily Telegraph October 07, 2010 12:00AM

Last edited:
D

davidmoore

This is really alarming and I hope this man would be caught and be jailed.

Haz.

Finally some co-operation amongs political parites ina push to shut the anties.

Taken from the Sunday Telegraph October 10, 2010, page 29.

www.sundaytelegraph.com.au

Bob Katter targets Greens.
Independant MP Bob Katter has thrown his support behind the far-right NSW Shooters and Fishers party in a bid to stop the surging support for the Greens in Victoria and NSW elections.
While far-right targets the Greens there is a growing concern within the Coalition that the million voters who supported One Nation in the late 1990s could be mobilising in favour of independent or US-style Tea Party candidates, splintering their vote.

The NSW Shooters and Fishers see Mr Katter as a key figure in promoting the party in the NSW election and heading off the growing political influence of the Greens Nationally.

Last edited: