• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winston Salem Fairgrounds firearm policy

solus

looking to attend an event early next month at the Winston Salem Fairgrounds venue and searched the WS ordinances, FB and low & behold...

Got it: https://wsfairgrounds.com/prohibited-items/

1577030119191.png

so professional cameras w/detachable lens; or laptops; or containers OF ANY KIND; or outside food; or oversized bags...OH YA
WEAPONS/MULTI-TOOL/POCKET KNIVES

plus

ANY item DEEMed hazardous by WA Fairgrounds STAFF, ad nauseam
Really ANY item deemed hazardous by the staff?

guess i need to rethink my driving 2.5 hours west and then back ....

Va_Nemo

So what is the risk?

You get checked at the gate and found carrying. Leave? Arrested? Put it in your car and come back in?

You clear the gate and someone notices an hour later when the wind blows your shirt around or a cop notices the printing?

Leave? Arrested? I suspect hide in car and let back in not likely.

Nemo

solus

So what is the risk?

You get checked at the gate and found carrying. Leave? Arrested? Put it in your car and come back in?

You clear the gate and someone notices an hour later when the wind blows your shirt around or a cop notices the printing?

Leave? Arrested? I suspect hide in car and let back in not likely.

Nemo

Risk, nada per se, except after being refused entry, walking back to the vehicle, being watched putting something into the vehicle by potential bad guys, er forgive me, or bad gurls who break a window only to discern there is a steel safe out of sight...

ipse

Va_Nemo

Part B of question 1. If you leave in car will they let you in? Theft risk not part of this question.

Question 2. You clear the gate and someone notices later. Any risk other than leaving? Arrested and charged? Tar? Feathers? Run out on a Rail?

Nemo

solus

Part B of question 1. If you leave in car will they let you in? Theft risk not part of this question.

Question 2. You clear the gate and someone notices later. Any risk other than leaving? Arrested and charged? Tar? Feathers? Run out on a Rail?

Nemo

unfortunately your newest query postured an interesting dichotomy and reviewing the cited fairground reference to the point i am now questioning if the prohibited items listed apply to the entire property OR just the physical venues?

As for the risk...please advise this gentleman if you would appreciate dealing with uninformed idiot enforcing ill conceived Machiavellian policies OR hassled w/possible arrest by the most arrogant, but reasoning, LE ~ the latter would be a cake walk!

Va_Nemo

That is in effect the question I am seeking an answer to. I carry, clear the gate and get noticed an hour later, inside due to an inadvertent exposure.

Is there a risk of arrest or is one just asked to leave and arrested upon refusal?

In Va, at worst you are trespassing and asked to leave. If you refuse you are subject to arrest.

Forget the guesswork and legal talk, disengage the LAWbotomy part of everything and advise if the no carry signs meet any legal standard.

Nemo

solus

That is in effect the question I am seeking an answer to. I carry, clear the gate and get noticed an hour later, inside due to an inadvertent exposure.

Is there a risk of arrest or is one just asked to leave and arrested upon refusal?

In Va, at worst you are trespassing and asked to leave. If you refuse you are subject to arrest.

Forget the guesswork and legal talk, disengage the LAWbotomy part of everything and advise if the no carry signs meet any legal standard.

Nemo

thanks for the backhanded insult VA, while you apparently choose to carry against property owner's "stated/posted" wishes, no matter whether or not the posted signage carry the weight of law, this individual, as stated numerous times previously, does not!

sorry, VA, your perception of guess work is considered utilizing my critical thinking skills to assess my ROI to attend this venue!

ipse

OC for ME

I guess it all depends on the observer and the responder. A non-LE observer may embellish, where as it is hoped that a LE observer will follow the law and simply ask for you to stash you gat in the car and then be more than welcome to enjoy the festivities...or else, that is.