• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisdom from the Sages

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Unless/until we take it upon ourselves to change that-by replacing those who supposedly "represent" us, with folks who actually do.

And how will that happen if you don't get out there and promote?

The laws in Florida are exactly what it's people want. If you don't educate them, what they want won't change.

Bread and Circuses...

Maybe YOU don't like it. And the few of us circle-jerking around this forum. But the general population of Florida hates the living hell out of any kind of rights or freedom. If you don't do soemthing to change that, then the representatives won't change, either.

Last edited:

j4l

Well...how can I put this nicely? I cant.
It's really this simple, Ix. Unlike a lot of the yahoos in here bitchin and moaning about "rights this" and "rights that" some of us are actually making use of one of the most important ones we still have. Putting an actual candidate forward to run for office, and make the changes we need-or at least attempt to- from the ONLY place it's going to happen. In the legislature itself.

Now, educate anyone you want, great!, more power to you. Have all the "fishing events" (insert facepalm of your choice here) you want, for all the good any of that is going to actually accomplish in Tally.. None of that is going to get the job done.
Begging the same corrupted jerkys in office year after year isnt working either. They arent going to be any more convinced or "educated" than they were in the last session.
But run against them....and maybe even replace them, or even at the very least demonstrate to them that enough people are fed up enough with the bs that they are willing to run for office and replace them... then maybe some things begin to get done. That's the one thing those folks understand real loud and clear- that cozy seat in Tally. Risk losing that, and those folks begin to notice..
But it's going to take a lot more than just one candidate in one district, putting his life and effort on the line. We need a lot of folks in a lot of districts running, all over the State.
Try that one, and see what happens next time a 234 comes before them. When 10 or 12 or even 24 folks are running for some of their offices..their motives tend to become a bit more focused..THAT I can guarantee you.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's really this simple, Ix. Unlike a lot of the yahoos in here bitchin and moaning about "rights this" and "rights that" some of us are actually making use of one of the most important ones we still have. Putting an actual candidate forward to run for office, and make the changes we need-or at least attempt to- from the ONLY place it's going to happen. In the legislature itself.

Now, educate anyone you want, great!, more power to you. Have all the "fishing events" (insert facepalm of your choice here) you want, for all the good any of that is going to actually accomplish in Tally.. None of that is going to get the job done.
Begging the same corrupted jerkys in office year after year isnt working either. They arent going to be any more convinced or "educated" than they were in the last session.
But run against them....and maybe even replace them, or even at the very least demonstrate to them that enough people are fed up enough with the bs that they are willing to run for office and replace them... then maybe some things begin to get done. That's the one thing those folks understand real loud and clear- that cozy seat in Tally. Risk losing that, and those folks begin to notice..
But it's going to take a lot more than just one candidate in one district, putting his life and effort on the line. We need a lot of folks in a lot of districts running, all over the State.
Try that one, and see what happens next time a 234 comes before them. When 10 or 12 or even 24 folks are running for some of their offices..their motives tend to become a bit more focused..THAT I can guarantee you.

If you don't put your butt out there exposing people to the idea and starting conversations, it'll remain a moot point and we'll be stuck with the same turds in office.

Get it?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's cute how people can miss the point and shout "ignorant" while being oblivious and missing the point themselves...

Don't take me out of context. Any effort is good effort. But avoiding the most important part because it's a little harder than emailing cut-and-paste form letters... Good luck!

I'm not being sarcastic. Historically, Politicians in FL do as the FSA tells them, or else. That power is slipping away, and I already detect the rumblings of a resurgence from them. If you aren't making a big enough stink at ground-level, you won't get anywhere. It's not an insult, it's a fact I've observed for decades. I say what I do because I wish you success. I want you to get there, but I don't see anyone giving you the backup you need to make it happen. Too lazy.

crashnjax

Well said J4L.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You can't educate the politicians. They already know and get it wrong on purpose. We don't have the backing to replace them.

We need the backing. There is only one way to get it.

That is, educating the people. Your neighbors, your friends, strangers at the supermarket. Some people are too stupid, true. They may become politicians someday. But the others... They are the ones we need to work on.

You can't build the roof before you build the foundation.

77zach

That is, educating the people. Your neighbors, your friends, strangers at the supermarket. Some people are too stupid, true. They may become politicians someday. But the others... They are the ones we need to work on.

I guess some people are receptive. The past 3 weeks I've OCed all over Virginia and also in Georgia and I had 3 "encounters" with the public. Two "Is that real/legal?" and one "hello officer". Each time they were surprised and glad to learn that it was real and OC is legal.