• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

www.handgunlaw.us Needs Your Assistance

Gary Slider

Handgunlaw.us is in the process of adding the image of each states Carry Permit/License. I have all the states except a Maine Resident Carry permit/license. Does the Resident permit look just like the Non Resident Permit? If you would like to scan your Resident permit and send it to admins@handgunlaw.us it would be very much appreciated. Do remove info that you think would identify you on your image. I just ask you do as little as possible and leave one letter in Name etc and one number in number strings so I know the color, font, size of those items. Thank you for any assistance you can give me in this matter. If you would like to talk to me before you send it you can call me at 304 xzxzxzxzxzxzxz 455 xzxzxzxzxzxzxz 4274 between 10am and 10pm Eastern time. You can also check that phonoe # before calling it and it will show it is listed to Gary Slider New Martinsville WV. Thank you again and

Attachments

• My Maine CCW Image.JPG
    My Maine CCW Image.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 125

Gary Slider

That is the Non Resident permit that they issued me a few years ago. From what I understand there are local issuing authorities in Maine for resident permits. The Maine AG was to come up with one form for Resident Permits. Not being a Maine resident I don't know if every Issuing Authority is issuing the same formatted Permit/License. That is why I ask questions and as for images of Permit/Licenses that have been redacted enough to hide the identity of the person it was issued to. They may have changed their Non Resident Permit/License also. Again that is why I am asking. Thank you and

boyscout399

My resident permit issued by the State Police looks just like yours. However, I know that resident permits issued by municipalities vary in appearance. The Portland permits look different but have the same information...

Gary Slider

That is what I figured. The State issues the same format to resident and non resident but the local authorities can issue the format they wish. That is why a lot of the states are. Thanks for the info.

Gary Slider

My Maine Non-resident did not have my photo on it. I can not answer for the Resident one but there is no place on my Non Resident for a photo. They could have changed their format since I got my Maine Non Resident.

boyscout399

My Maine Non-resident did not have my photo on it. I can not answer for the Resident one but there is no place on my Non Resident for a photo. They could have changed their format since I got my Maine Non Resident.

The resident permit issued by the State Police has a photo on the back. You provide a 2x2 inch photo in your application and they copy it onto the back of the permit.

Gary Slider

If someone would be willing to scan their state permit back or a local issued permit and send it to me I would really appreciate it. Do black out enough info so the holder can not be identified. I ask that you leave one letter or number per line so I know the size, font and color of those items. You can send them to admins@handgunlaw.us or garyslider (AT) suddenlink (DOT) net
Don't like to put my home email all together online as the spam will start coming. Thanks and