• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"You'll be the first one shot!" You're welcome.

UtzChips

Recently, I got kind of frustrated with someone who disliked my preferred method of carry. He didn't accept it when I told him that the gun-control movement has been trying to separate gun owners (specifically the hunting crowd from the self-defense crowd) for years, and we couldn't really afford to help them out. He pressed on, and I finally responded to his tired old "You'll be the first one shot!" routine with a simple "You're welcome."

He looked a little confused and just walked away.

Has anybody else tried this yet? Do you think it helps or hinders the cause?

I freakin' love it AND I'm adopting it!! However, I'll do it in a respectful tone & say: "You're quite welcome, sir/ma'am"

conandan

I have had several people tell me the same thing when I oc. You make yourself a target, you will be the first one shot, and my favorite, someone will take my firearm from me and use it on me. As far as I can tell they are just spouting there own fears.

Black_water

There is no reason to their arguments and I got bored a long time ago actually arguing with them.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it isn't worth anything and I am sure they voted for someone equally not worth anything and as long as they get to vote for idiots, I get to carry a gun.

KBCraig

These criminal masterminds always see everything!:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHg56J3yhLQ

Right along with the obliviots who kept right on shopping and paying for things at the other register, three feet away. :D

This is not the only video example. There's one out there of a would-be robber practically elbowing aside a uniformed officer chatting with the clerk, in order to demand the cash from the register. There's at least one of a bank robber attempting his deed right in front of a cop.

Kopis

so few people even notice when i OC, i doubt your average criminal running into a store demanding a few hundred bucks with adrenaline pumping would notice me.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have had several people tell me the same thing when I oc. You make yourself a target, you will be the first one shot, and my favorite, someone will take my firearm from me and use it on me. As far as I can tell they are just spouting there own fears.

+1

And if true, there would be no OCers out there to argue against them. duh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_s66wTg

see this video .... 20/20 made them wear those long garments .... anyone can make such videos that can come to any conclusion

OC for ME

Most CCWers are not OCers, so, their opinion does not count regarding the pros and cons of OC. Of course, I CC only when required by law here in MO.....and for PR purposes.....

rushcreek2

My personal manner of carry doesn't exactly fit into the "open carry " vs "concealed carry".

If I am in Colorado , my primary concern is whether or not I am CONCEALING - in which case my Colorado CHP is required in order to be legal.

If I am in Texas , my primary concern is whether or not I am INTENTIONALLY DISPLAYING - at least " in plain view of another person ". Despite this difference, I find that there is essentially little difference in my manner of carry between Colorado and Texas.

For those who are unaware of the change, the legal circumstance in Texas changed effective September 1, 2013. The former caveat "intentionally fails to conceal " now reads "intentionally DISPLAYS... in plain view of another person." (46.035a - amended).

"intentionally DISPLAYS" is a significant adjustment of the threshhold from "intentionally fails to conceal".

At any rate - my personal observation is that "creepy crawlers" tend to put distance between themselves and me whenever evidence presents that I am perhaps NOT a "sheep".

Last edited:

conandan

+1

And if true, there would be no OCers out there to argue against them. duh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_s66wTg

see this video .... 20/20 made them wear those long garments .... anyone can make such videos that can come to any conclusion

That video was interesting. But from my point of view their were a lot of mistakes made.
1. I would not stand up and give the shooter an open target. Fire from cover.
2. Shooting while others are running in front of you is stupid.
3. If multiple shooters are present do not fire unless you know who is friend or enemy.
4. Stop the rapid fire.
Just because you can hit a paper target does not make you trained to handle a shotout. To much adrenalin, you have to be mentally prepared more than anything. I am not a expert but to many people think just because they can hit a target at the range they can handle a live shooter. I like to think I am prepared for that situation but hope I never do.

77zach

so few people even notice when i OC, i doubt your average criminal running into a store demanding a few hundred bucks with adrenaline pumping would notice me.

This is obviously true. Unless it's a Point Break scenario, which is about as likely as you winning the lottery. Twice. Even then it's not a given that OC will end up being a liability.

Rusty Young Man

The best i ever got "well people will mistake you for a cop !" sure they will. I sure look like leo ..View attachment 10955 View attachment 10956

While I don't condone the shrapnel (piercings, mainly because of the inherent risk in stabbing something through the outer skin layer and right into fertile grounds for bacteria), I have to commend you for rocking the Tactical Kilt (from 5.11).
Just asking because I'd like to hear about how practical they actually are (I know: tactical and practical don't usually mesh together:rolleyes:). I'm considering getting one to wear while I OC, just to see if people react any differently to seeing a kilt-wearing OCer than when they see an OCer.

Last edited:

Dirk platinum

ive had no problem, iwb or owb with my kilt . i like my kilt itsm comfy.Weird looks sure . I ge tweird looks any time oc mainly because people irraltionaly assume goth would equal liberal . I love when peopel asume im a liberal.THen i can tell them i'm a pro life christian right-libertarian.

Dirk platinum

Xion they meant a cop undercover of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes because undercover cops OC LOL. as an aside I work for a state (non leo) agency that has very “official “ looking uniforms and radios . I never open carry in uniform . Because I sure as hell don’t want people thinking I’m LEO .

gutshot II

Dec 3, 2013

Xion

JoinedNov 3, 2013Messages51LocationTennessee
Friday at 8:36 PM
HPmatt said:

Yes because undercover cops OC LOL. as an aside I work for a state (non leo) agency that has very “official “ looking uniforms and radios . I never open carry in uniform . Because I sure as hell don’t want people thinking I’m LEO .

This has got to be a record. 6 years and 3 months between HPmatt's comment posted and Xion's response to that post. Nothing like keeping the conversation going.