• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love Guns and Coffee counter Protest 2-14-12 at a Starbucks near you!

Felix

As a Starbuck's stockholder, Ed's earlier post about this this group's belief that they were going to "leverage" Starbuck's stock prices with their boycott and force a policy change intrigued me.

So, just for grins, how about we track Starbuck's daily closing price through VT Day. I'll also include the NASDAQ closing price for comparison since other external events could influence the entire market sector over the next couple weeks (like last night's Obama speech). Won't be a fancy chart since I'm doing this on my iPhone but we'll get an idea of whether they can muster enough support to be somewhat effective or are just blowing smoke...i.e., wishful thinking.

Obviously, we're looking for trends, not day-to-day market perterbations.

Starbucks (SBUX)

Date SBUX NASDAQ Composite closing index

1/23 47.95 2784.17
1/24 47.65 2786.64

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh my gosh. I don't want to marginalize anyone with psychiatric disorders, but how do they expect ANYONE to give them an ounce of credibility. Oh boy, I have never felt sorry for an anti until right now.

It's what happens when they partake of their own kool-aid.

c490.jpg

PistolPackingMomma

As a Starbuck's stockholder, Ed's earlier post about this this group's belief that they were going to "leverage" Starbuck's stock prices with their boycott and force a policy change intrigued me.

So, just for grins, how about we track Starbuck's daily closing price through VT Day. I'll also include the NASDAQ closing price for comparison since other external events could influence the entire market sector over the next couple weeks (like last night's Obama speech). Won't be a fancy chart since I'm doing this on my iPhone but we'll get an idea of whether they can muster enough support to be somewhat effective or are just blowing smoke...i.e., wishful thinking.

Obviously, we're looking for trends, not day-to-day market perterbations.

Starbucks (SBUX)

1/23 47.95 2784.17
1/24 47.65 2786.64

I think that's a great idea.

wylde007

...I call on Starbucks to actively work for sane gun laws, in cooperation with the National Gun Victims Action Council and allied groups who speak for the 14 million gun victims, survivors, and their families in the U.S. 14 million people is an army of coffee drinkers ready to support a corporation that champions public health and safety.
14 million gun victims?

Maybe if you include every instance of every person who has ever been shot since the War of 1812 and the million-½ civilian casualties of the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions you might get CLOSE to that number.

<Helen Lovejoy> Won't someone PLEASE think of the children? </Helen Lovejoy>

Docgmt

Trip to Starbucks

I have a PDF that I printed out and will be taking with me to my local Starbucks on the 14th. There are 2 close by so I may stop at both.

Dear Starbucks
As a law abiding gun owner I support your corporate policy
of following state gun laws protecting my rights.
The Supreme Court has stated that self-defense is a basic
human right. I appreciate a socially conscious company that
respects the highest court in the land. Along with my ability to
protect myself and family where ever we go. The thought of
facing a knife wielding criminal, attacking my family
unarmed would be insane.

I have not been fooled by the hysterical call to boycott your
fine products on Feb.14th and will promote your coffee among
the 80 million + gun owners in the U.S. the year around.

:DFBI background check :DTrained :DLegal :DSafe :shocker:Caffeinated

Attachments

• Starbucks.pdf
    31.2 KB · Views: 88

TFred

I have a PDF that I printed out and will be taking with me to my local Starbucks on the 14th. There are 2 close by so I may stop at both.

Dear Starbucks
unarmed would be insane.

Just curious why you single out "knife wielding" and don't just say "violent", which would cover all kinds of weapons?

TFred

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Are you saying that there is no Starbucks anywhere on the Eastern Shore of Virginia?? Wow, too bad they don't franchise... I wonder why they haven't gone there yet.

TFred
Yep. Walmart is less then a year old, and only 1 of them. This place is still mostly farm community.
Restaurants are mostly small family owned with the exception of 3 McDonald's, 1 Wendy's, 2 Hardies and 1 BK.

Docgmt

TFred

Just curious why you single out "knife wielding" and don't just say "violent", which would cover all kinds of weapons?

TFred

It's easy to understand, everyone would be afraid of a guy coming at their family with a knife. More importantly it is "insane" to face them without a gun, since the anti's claim they want sane gun laws.

Marco

Dear Starbucks
unarmed would be insane.

Why not just leave it at legal and safe?

I second the knife wielding question.

va_tazdad

Can you say Gold Card

Hey, if you plan on visiting Starbucks, look into buying a customer drink card and reload it as needed.

They have escalating tiers of benefits for card-carrying, coffee-swilling customers.

Here's mud in yer eye! :banana:

https://www.starbucks.com/card

I have a Gold card and love the free drinks and the fact that they are not "anti".

If you have them ring each drink separately, the "perks" build up faster.

MagiK_SacK

So the count on FB is officially over 5,800! This of course doesn't account for all those who are going that aren't on FB. Either way over 5,800 in what 72 hours? That's awesome! I can't imagine what the count will be up to by V-Day. Maybe we should start a pool, haha!

Felix

Starbucks (SBUX)

1/23 47.95 2784.17
1/24 47.65 2786.64
1/25 47.77 2818.31
1/26 48.34 2805.28 (Starbucks profits rose 10% on strong sales growth this quarter)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Starbucks (SBUX)

1/23 47.95 2784.17
1/24 47.65 2786.64
1/25 47.77 2818.31
1/26 48.34 2805.28 (Starbucks profits rose 10% on strong sales growth this quarter)

Can't give the antis credit for having learned a lesson - they just continue to demonstrate their own incompetance.
Some people learn by their past mistakes, they roll in them like a dog with a rotten chunk of pork.

ChinChin

Abby Spangler

Does anybody know if my girl Abby Spangler will be out at the Alexandria Starbucks again this year? I have a schoolboy crush on that anti rights-hottie!

Last edited:

apollosmom

Contacted Starbucks Corporate "Social Responsibility" site...note their reply...

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,
Kelsey F
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,
Kelsey F
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

It would appear that some clarification is needed with Kelsy F., Customer Relations for Starbucks.

OC is legal in Virginia precisely because the law doesn't exist that prohibits open carry.

She should have said "Where these laws restrict that right, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

Still the intent of their policy is most clear - they honor the laws of each state.