• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Pick Quick - Auburn

Stopped in for lunch with Deros today. When we got in line 2 men (50ish) asked us if we were police. Nope, just average citizens. Open Carry is legal. One of the guys stated he has only fired a BB gun 'once' and that is his experience with firearms. Wow! The other guy told Jim that if he was attacked he would just run away. Wow!

jt59

Seattle:

Up and down the water front, lunch at the "Crab Pot", family friendly, OC - no questions
Lot's of construction under the old viaduct, access to parking limited and SPD directing traffic....back and forth past them to where my rig was parked....nary a look.

Wells Fargo, Bridgeport- 29th- visited with the manager, thanked me for 24 years of customer loyalty. We have chatted about my sidearm in the past.

Got gas (nearly choked out at $94.00)..at the ARCO, Bridgeport and 27th. Female attendant commented on my sidearm and said "oh, show and tell" today....I said no, everyday....She said that the Chevron on Sprague was robbed by someone with a gun at 5:30am this morning, but I have not been able to confirm it.

10 dollars donated to the 600 million dollar jackpot....I was thinking that if the gov't could come up with a scheme like this, we could pay down the national debt. As it is, the winner will only get to cover the Solyndra screw up.

If I win, I am going to get a new slide for my Kimber...

DCKilla

The family and I stopped at the Spanaway Walmart and ate at the Lakewood Panda Express near Navy Fed. The greeter at Walmart gave me a hard look and didn't acknowledge my own greeting, oops greeter epic fail.:confused:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The Cliff House NE Tacoma

Dinner tonight with M1gunr, Deros, Squeak and gogodawgs....

Very nice remodel done at the 90 year old restaurant, good food and very enjoyable. Hostess was a hoot to play along, the waiter was so-so and there were no issues with the bang bangs.

DEROS72

Great OC dinner with Nick ,Bill and squeak at the Cliffhouse in Browns Point.It just recently reopened and has been remodeled.also litterally for those who know where my new place is it is a 2 minute walk down the street. Beautiful with a view overlooking Commencement Bay .There was a bald eagle hovering around the window where we sat and 2 spectacular rainbows to the west over the bay.Maybe Bill will post the pic of the eagle.I live now just up the street ver looking the bay.When I moved here we had a steak cook out with some of the guys on my deck and ,well very cool.I'm going to have a couple more this summer .Anyway as Nick said not a word said about carrying.

Squeak

Well, what GOGO and Deros said isn't entirely true. I got there early and the hostess asked if I was old enough to carry such a big gun. She then told me 'sit right here so I can keep an eye on you'.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Great OC dinner with Nick ,Bill and squeak at the Cliffhouse in Browns Point.It just recently reopened and has been remodeled.also litterally for those who know where my new place is it is a 2 minute walk down the street. Beautiful with a view overlooking Commencement Bay .There was a bald eagle hovering around the window where we sat and 2 spectacular rainbows to the west over the bay.Maybe Bill will post the pic of the eagle.I live now just up the street ver looking the bay.When I moved here we had a steak cook out with some of the guys on my deck and ,well very cool.I'm going to have a couple more this summer .Anyway as Nick said not a word said about carrying.

Well, what GOGO and Deros said isn't entirely true. I got there early and the hostess asked if I was old enough to carry such a big gun. She then told me 'sit right here so I can keep an eye on you'.

WAIT! So you didn't call ahead to find out if it would be ok to bring your guns? Get permission?

tombrewster421

OCing around town doing some errands. Some old guy at O'rieley told me "you know open carry is illegal in Washington right". I said actually its perfectly legal with no permit required. He said I should "check up on the laws". I told him I read them all. I forgot that I had pamphlets in my truck though until just after I drove off. :banghead:

I'm sure the old dude will go on thinking he has no rights. And that he knows everything.

I should have told him to call the cops for witnessing a crime. But I was in Pierce County. They might have actually hassled me. ;)

Other than that, a good day.

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

Wasn't OCing at the time (had just gotten off of work) but I walked into Gateway To India over in Gig Harbor as my lady enjoys Jasmine Rice and Naan. Well, I didn't stay long as they had a sign near the entrance that stated that it is illegal to carry firearms in any restaurant that serves alcohol in Washington State. I couldn't believe the stupidity and was being ignored anyways so I walked right back out.

Beretta92FSLady

Value Village on Capital Hill, off Broadway

I was out-and-about a few nights ago, walking out of Value Village up on Capital Hill, just off Broadway, and seen an OC, he had a few tatt's, and a .380 strapped to his right (looked like a Ruger). I was CC'ing, it was a bit cool for me that evening. Thought to say "hello" but he ran oft somewhere.

1911er

Next time hand them A pamphlet

Wasn't OCing at the time (had just gotten off of work) but I walked into Gateway To India over in Gig Harbor as my lady enjoys Jasmine Rice and Naan. Well, I didn't stay long as they had a sign near the entrance that stated that it is illegal to carry firearms in any restaurant that serves alcohol in Washington State. I couldn't believe the stupidity and was being ignored anyways so I walked right back out.

Next time hand them A pamphlet that has the law highlighted no firearms were it is restricted to 21 and above( places that serve food as there major income are exempt from that. As per RCW 9.41.300 (1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon (d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;

Last edited:

DCKilla

Well, my family spent lunch time plus a couple of hours at Bradley Park in Puyallup. It was a very popular place to be today.

I had two good encounters today at Lowes and Taco Bell(the one on Canyon). One of the employees at Lowes in the appliance section mentioned "Glock" and that he had 5 at home. At Taco Bell, the register guy asked what I was carrying. I let him know about OCDO, because of his interest in a carry pistol.

Last edited:

Justman1020

Stopped by chuck's house, with damonk picked up my hand gun, first time even touching it in a few months....wow.

went to cabela's, i bought a holster, and a LOT of ammo no issues, then we went to the sports store across I-5, again, no issue's
i bought a new range bag,

then we headed to the pit to light up some rounds, shot a lot of gun's, had a good time, put a lot of holes in an old couch coushin,

then we went to dirty dave's i think the restaurant was called...good food. great sign::

cowboy.jpg

that is all. now my gun is safely in storage until next time :( i also think i might get into bow shooting, because, well, why not?

DamonK

Had a great time hanging out with fellow OCers pretty much all day today. Had our south sound meeting at the starbucks in Lacey(across from kmart) then on my way home ran into justman at tacobell and he convinced me to go shooting (oh twist my arm!) Ran all over the place, and only had a couple reactions. And they were positive. Also, if anyone is in the market for a used car, go talk to Randy at Volvo's used car lot @ the automall. He's a resent transplant from utah, and a OCer. Good kid. Talk to you all later!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

DCKilla

After the South Sound OC meet, I took the family to Cabelas. My kids went crazy when we passed it on the way to Lacey. I couldn't pass up the chance to look at more guns.