• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Lovenox

A few weeks back Deros and I stopped by the private Browns Point Liquor Store on a Friday or Saturday night. The owner (Eric) was off and his daughter was behind the counter. As we approached the register she leaned in to ask us about our firearms. I thought that she would ask us what kind, as I have spoken to her dad many times about firearms, open carry, Eric's firearm, etc... but not tonight. She asked us to not carry in her store. I as shocked. You see Eric brings his grand kids to the WAC gun show. Eric's wife and other kids have openly talked about carry and firearms. I asked if she wanted our business. She had our bottle rung up and was ready to take our money. But she fervently insisted that we not carry in 'her' store. We tried to have a dialogue about how many citizens carry and she has no idea because they CC, but she wasn't interested. Deros tried to ask her why she thought she had a right to protect herself with the .45 behind the counter and we didn't? This shocked her a bit that we knew that there was a firearm behind the counter. Again, she insisted that we not carry in 'her' store.

At this point, I told Deros let's go up to the other liquor store in Twin Lakes. Mind you it is a good 15 minutes up and 15 minutes back. But I felt it needed to be done, so we left. We went up to the other store and spent $45+ and saved the receipt.

A few days later we came back when Eric was working to ask him if he wanted our business. He apologized for his daughter (i.e. black sheep) and compensated us for our embarrassment. He talked with his daughter and let us know we are welcome in the store.

I have shopped at this location for 3 years without incident and I often drive by other Liquor Stores to shop with Eric. I have attempted to support small local businesses in my endeavors the last few years and will continue to do so with Eric.

Bravo, sir!
+10

tombrewster421

A few weeks back Deros and I stopped by the private Browns Point Liquor Store on a Friday or Saturday night. The owner (Eric) was off and his daughter was behind the counter. As we approached the register she leaned in to ask us about our firearms. I thought that she would ask us what kind, as I have spoken to her dad many times about firearms, open carry, Eric's firearm, etc... but not tonight. She asked us to not carry in her store. I as shocked. You see Eric brings his grand kids to the WAC gun show. Eric's wife and other kids have openly talked about carry and firearms. I asked if she wanted our business. She had our bottle rung up and was ready to take our money. But she fervently insisted that we not carry in 'her' store. We tried to have a dialogue about how many citizens carry and she has no idea because they CC, but she wasn't interested. Deros tried to ask her why she thought she had a right to protect herself with the .45 behind the counter and we didn't? This shocked her a bit that we knew that there was a firearm behind the counter. Again, she insisted that we not carry in 'her' store.

At this point, I told Deros let's go up to the other liquor store in Twin Lakes. Mind you it is a good 15 minutes up and 15 minutes back. But I felt it needed to be done, so we left. We went up to the other store and spent $45+ and saved the receipt.

A few days later we came back when Eric was working to ask him if he wanted our business. He apologized for his daughter (i.e. black sheep) and compensated us for our embarrassment. He talked with his daughter and let us know we are welcome in the store.

I have shopped at this location for 3 years without incident and I often drive by other Liquor Stores to shop with Eric. I have attempted to support small local businesses in my endeavors the last few years and will continue to do so with Eric.

It really irks me when people call it "their store", when it is most certainly not. Just because the owner gives someone a little responsibility, that doesn't mean he's giving you the store. Good job.

Just wondering.Do you have Eric's number? If so why didn't you just call him up while you were there?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It really irks me when people call it "their store", when it is most certainly not. Just because the owner gives someone a little responsibility, that doesn't mean he's giving you the store. Good job.

Just wondering.Do you have Eric's number? If so why didn't you just call him up while you were there?

It is a family owned store and she may well be part of the LLC. However, my observations and contact with Eric and his wife lead me to believe that Eric and his wife own the LLC and their children work in it from time to time to give Eric time off.

I do not have Eric's number, he was more than apologetic and his a stand up guy.

sudden valley gunner

It is a family owned store and she may well be part of the LLC. However, my observations and contact with Eric and his wife lead me to believe that Eric and his wife own the LLC and their children work in it from time to time to give Eric time off.

I do not have Eric's number, he was more than apologetic and his a stand up guy.

She may have something like a 5% or 10% share. But either way you handled the situation well. Leave her with a better impression of you and let the parents handle it.

decklin

Yesterday I OC'd at Albertsons in Pacific. Also carried at Walmart in Auburn and Verity CU. It was my first time OCing in any type of bank and I was a little nervous but no one said a word. The employees were all smiles.

briehl12

Had an interesting weekend. Wish I had pics. Sunday family and I went to Pike Place market for a walk. I mostly cc since my other half doesnt like that I oc with her around(uncomfortable). We then went to Acme bowl in Tukwila. I like the fact they place their sign out front that says no firearms allowed as per WSLCB... What a joke. I cc there too, although printing really bad, should have just oc. I did have one comment while bolwing, and that was "i like your piece" Monday went to Starbuks oc with my daughter in the morning walked by a Auburn PD and I said good day he nodded, no issue. Then later in the day went to a little car lot looking for a older suv. Went to Budget Auto SalesIII with my son, oc of course. The guy there saw us get out and watched me walk into the lot, then heard a HEY YOU! I turned around he was walking up to me saying you need CWP and to cover that up. I let him know it would be unlawfull of me to if I didnt have a CWP on me, and that Wa is open carry friendly. All this while infront of a customer no less. I tried to let him know the nice way, but he wouldnt listen. I asked if it was his rules or the business ruels. he said it doesnt matter since I cant carry like that anyways. I politely thanked him for his time and let him know I would not return to do business with him. Also on the way out he kept barking that I would get in trouble for carrying oc, I directed him to check out ocdo, and his local laws since I was obviously in the wrong.
Monday night went to Tacobell on Auburn way north and 15th. No problems... One lady with her kid grumbled a bit as I walked by and sat down. One guy came up to me to say I wish more owuld carry like that and told me he thought it was illeagle. We chatted for a minute, and let him know about ocdo. The lady next to me who grumbled, was like I didnt know that was ok.
Some people just dont get it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I OC'd to Liberty Square in Bellevue today. Picked up some more of Workman's books (available for sale at Champion) and had a nice conversation with Dave Workman and Alan Gottlieb today at the Second Amendment Foundation. No one said a word about my gun....

:banana:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I OC'd to Liberty Square in Bellevue today. Picked up some more of Workman's books (available for sale at Champion) and had a nice conversation with Dave Workman and Alan Gottlieb today at the Second Amendment Foundation. No one said a word about my gun....

:banana:

I have always wondered if the SAF has a public building with an open door for folks that support to come in and meet the people there, find information, etc?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I have always wondered if the SAF has a public building with an open door for folks that support to come in and meet the people there, find information, etc?

It's an office building, not really geared for the public to just come in. With an appointment they may be able to accommodate. They also have a table at most of the Puyallup WAC shows. Most information is available at the show.

decklin

Wife and I carried to a few places over the weekend. The most notable was on Sunday. We went to the Sleep Country Outlet by the Supermall in Auburn. We were talking to the guy at the desk when he noticed my 1911 and exclaimed, "Oh, my God! You have a gun!"
I smiled and said, "Yes I do."
The female manager looked over at me and surprised me by asking if it was a Kimber. I told her it was a Sig. This turned into a conversation involving what kinds of guns and holsters we like. Apparently she is a fan if Rugers and the Cozy Partner holster.
It was a nice change of pace to run into someone in a management position who was so open about firearms. She really made it a great day to carry.

dadada

Washington tractor in Sumner. Nobody seemed to notice my 1911, of if they did, didn't say anything. There was plenty of opportunity, as I as outnumbered 5-1, employee's to customer. Got two chains for my Stihl (two fer one sale), and on my way.

decklin

The Foxhole

So I went out to a few places in Lakewood and Tilicum with my buddy today. One of which was the Foxhole in Tilicum. I was CC and my buddy was OC.

One of the female empoloyees asked my friend if his weapon was loaded. He replied in the affirmative.

She told him that loaded weapons were not allowed in the store.

I asked the nearest empoyee (another female) why we could not have loaded weapons in the store.

She told me it was store policy and that she didn't know why anyone would need to have a loaded gun in the store anyway.

I told her the people at the Reno Ihop probably thought the same thing. She had nothing else to say.

Unfortunately the owner was not in today so I will be contacting the store on Monday in hopes of reaching the owner.

decklin

Went to Pick Quick Burgers in Auburn today. While I was waiting for my lunch a guy at one of the tables was just staring at me while he was eating. I smiled and nodded and he returned the nod. It seemed to make him feel better and he stopped staring at me and visibly relaxed.

Still working on this thing with the Foxhole. Been trying to reach the owner and now I'm waiting for the owner to contact me. I get the feeling he doesn't care how much money I have spent in his store over the years and this is the first time anyone has told me of his "policy."

Beretta92FSLady

Up here on Mukilteo speedway at Starbucks, it's packed. People sitting around enjoying their late morning. Just me, my laptop, some OC, and a hot chocolate (can't drink coffee anymore:().

jt59

Chase Bank in the Fred Meyer's on 72nd - handy but close quarters

Wells Fargo on South Tacoma Way, they know me here, Manager asked me if "That's a Kimber"...we had a nice chat about his AK's

Starbucks on Mildred....Just after I ordered, a PC Sheriff exited the rest room and got in line behind me, keeping a respectful 8' distance, as I left a UP officer walked in a we passed....I hope they had some interesting conversation... Neither said anything.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Twin Lakes Fred Meyer

Just before entering a gentleman came up and asked about open carry, dispelled several myths about OC. i.e. state preemption vs. counties doing their own thing.

Good interaction, great questions...

DCKilla

I was at the South Hill Applebees last night. Hopefully, sunny days follow so I can start leaving my jacket at home.

DCKilla

Well, it seemed like a good day to get out. I took the wife, kids, and dog to Burger King and Bradley Park in Puyallup. There were a lot of kids and parents having fun at the park.

Thanks to the guys who helped to get Puyallup to edit their signs. It's a testament of OCDO Washington's committment to liberty.