• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Bull Frog

1. B

Young woman dragged from her car

imported post Julia Corker, a senator's daughter was car jacked in the nation's capital. Does this give you second thoughts about how to protect citizens, Senator? What is your voting record on self defense, cork for brains? Senator Corker, I'm glad to hear that your daughter survived...
  2. B

Michigan OC?

imported post I was looking at this guy's documentation earlier, and can't find it now, which speaks to my inability to find what I saw yesterday, but more importantly, finding what I said in the past. So let me summarize: This guy in Michigan is complaining about being harassed by local LEOs...
  3. B

Military Assault Weapons

imported post Quick question? Why do soldiers hold these high tech weapons with the but stock practically on top of their shoulders? It looks so weird, ergonomically speaking. I see this all the time, in movies and authentic film clips. Why design an assault weapon with a stock, when it is...
  4. B

Giving Zed Free Popcorn

imported post Dear Zed, Try this: Pop your popcorn before leaving home, and store it in your fanny pack. Forget the melted butter. It soaks into fanny packs ... the best detergents cannot remove animal fats. And theater dectectives are more clever than ever! They will eat all your home...
  5. B

Ultimate Test

imported post Make your mission real. You cannot lie. Pretend you are lost, looking for the diner down the road that is famous in Sunnyvale. For hash browns. Surrender when police officers come boiling out to arrest you for being lost with a weapon. Gun? Why that's my right, you dumb son...
  6. B

New Guns

imported post But what happened to the Lightning Rifle? Seems to me this firm is grasping for straw, before sending business overseas. Yet I ordered a Birdseye Colt tonight .... Yet another firm sends orders to a secondary .... Looks to me like U.S Firearms is just another part of U.S...
  7. B

The Left Handed Duke

imported post An add for "The Duke", a hand-painted, fully sculpted holster and revolver replica inspired by the one John Wayne carried in his classic westerns (see in USA Weekend, for September 25-29.) This object de fart is offered by the Bradford Exchange. I looked at it for a few...
  8. B

Auto Trigger

imported post I saw a photo in in my local paper of a cop in New York City on patrol in the subway - with his finger IN the trigger guard of a high tech assault weapon. As opposed to a finger OUTSIDE the trigger guard. Who's training these girls?
  9. B

List

imported post My timing was a little off, but I recently went through an exercise to document my firearms, but guess what? My computer's hard drive failed before I printed the spread sheet, and all was lost. This means I'll need to remove the grips AGAIN to record certain serial numbers...
  10. B

I'm Ready for Coffee

imported post in Sunnyvale, California recently invited me to an open carry coffee clatch. I have a lot legal pistols, but I would like to show off my Duke rig, along with one of my SAA pissolivers. The gun belt holds many rounds, and, of course the weapon will be unloaded. What do you...
  11. B

Busted Cherry

imported post Stuck one of my Colt Single Action Army revolvers(unloaded of course) in the back pocket of my blue jeans, and wandered outside to water the tomatoes. One vehicle drove by, and I became aware of a family altercation across the street - a woman was trying to take her kids away from...
  12. B

1000 feet from a school?

imported post http://www.greatschools.net/california/sunnyvale/schools/ This shows a map of Sunnyvale schools, with addresses, and so on. Plotting a 1000 foot perimeter is somewhat more complicated. I have never used one, but perhaps an old military grade range finder can answer your worries...
  13. B

Washington State

imported post As has been suggested, I'm going to start our own WA "DO NOT PATRONIZE" Database and will keep it current. You post businesses (Name of business and location, be specific, as there may be more of that business in any one city/area) that you have seen with a "No Guns" sign on the...
  14. B

Acronyms

imported post I would appreciate any intelligence on the meaning of all the various letters that are attached to and sometime swallow OC (open carry). What, for instance, does UOC mean? Universal, unintentional, unaware, or what? Is there a thread/link to a glossary of these acronyms? Thank...
  15. B

Advance Notice

imported post Let me toss this idea out to all of you. I have not OC'd yet; I'm just a little uneasy about it. Your opinions, please: What do think of advising local law enforcement agencies of one's intent to OC? Iwould limit the letter to my intent, my name, and my address. Which of course...