• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by pkbites

1. P

CCW in a store that sells just beer for off site consumption. Legal?

Yes to all. And we visited Roswell on our way to Clovis (have a friend there). My friend and I both had several weeks of paid time off that we had to use or lose. So we spent two weeks of it in New Mexico. It’s something we both talked about doing for the last 2 years. We each have friends...
  2. P

I posted many times on these boards that it was a law I disagreed with even though I benefitted from it. My Congresscritter at the time (a pro gun Republican) voted against HR218 and I applauded him for it. Creating special classes of people should not be happening in an alleged free country...
  3. P

Still doesn’t explain why some of the gas stations we encountered had those signs posted and others had no signs at all. Per COL’s cite shouldn’t the unposted station of had a “No carry except concealed” sign?
  4. P

I don't see posts from those on my ignore list. Alright, but why do they have some businesses posted but not others, when the businesses are exactly the same? And if these 2 state agencies are at odds with each other and the law, why aren't gun rights groups in the area raising a fuss? I...
  5. P

I carry under HR218. But the person I was with has permits/licenses from Florida, Utah, and Wisconsin, of which Floridas is valid in New Mexico. (We shared a chuckle over one of his older Florida permits where the issuing commissioner was named Charles Bronson.) The signs we saw did not say...
  6. P

How does that affect folks who are carrying with an out of state permit recognized by NM?
  7. P

What I don’t get is there were plenty of gas stations and stores that sold beer that did not have signage. I want to reiterate that the signs I did see appeared to be official and even indicated that they were place there by the state. The signs seemed to quote the law as it WAS, not as it...
  8. P

Am I reading that statute wrong? It seems to say a CCW holder is not in violation.These weren’t just “no guns” signs. They appeared to be official announcements from the state.
  9. P

So then those signs must be old. Correct?
  10. P

I was under the impression that in New Mexico a CCW permit holder could enter a business that sold beer for off site consumption but only conceal carry, no OC. But I saw signs posted at several gas stations across the state last week saying it was a felony to carry in any form. The signs were...
  11. P

Brighton Dale Park firearms signs

At Brighton Park in Kansasville (Kenosha County) all the entrances are posted "No firearms except licensed concealed carry". This seems to insinuate that open carry would be illegal. Cure my ignorance please. What law allows them to prohibit open carry on public grounds (not inside a building)?
  12. P

Milwaukee Uber driver fired for CCW

I've been over seas for a few weeks so forgive me if I'm Johnny come lately regarding THIS story. It seems that Wisconsin state statute 175.60(15m) is pretty clear on the employers rights: (15m) Employer restrictions. (a) Except as provided in par. (b), an employer may prohibit a licensee or...
  13. P

Single action vs double action colt revolver

I bought a bundle of old comic books at a second hand store for $10. One of them was an issue of Gunsmoke (#844, 1959). Surprisingly there was only 1 advertisement in the entire issue (on the back cover for Juicy Fruit gum). But on the inside cover there was a pictorial about “Western Pistols”...
  14. P

Smith & Wesson SD9VE. WTF?

Anyone else have experience with this pistol? Came across S&W SD9VE from one of my distributors. The Wholesale price was only a bit more than free. I decided to try one out before I put them for sale in my dealership. Don't want the fiasco I went through with all the Kel-Tec returns some years...
  15. P

Why does Franken have an A rating from GOA?

Gun Owners of America has higher standards and is stricter than the NRA when rating our elected leaders. Yet they gave Al Franken an A rating. WTF? :confused: Franken has endorsed several anti RTKABA laws, including bans on "high" capacity magazines. Is that grade a typo?