• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. H

Please refresh my memory

What is the deal with CCW in a school for residents?
  2. H

Fair Grove now a no-go.

Unbeknownst to me, Fair Grove has changed it's regulations to now restrict Open Carry. Previously you could Open Carry as long as you had your CCW. However I just checked and now the law has now been changed where that is no longer an exemption. Statewide preemption is certainly needed.
  3. H

Traffic Accident in Springfield while OC

Just a brief rundown of a recent experience. My two boys and had just got done doing some shopping at Basspro and we were heading out on Campbell when a truck veered over into my lane of traffic striking me. As my luck usually has it, the driver had no insurance and had a revoked drivers...
  4. H

Stopped at Walmart in Springfield - West Bypass and Sunshine

So I was open carrying (like I occasionally do, especially during the summer months) and I was purchasing a fairly large ticket item in the home improvement section of Walmart. As I walked by the paint counter, a gentleman who resembled Wilford Brimley (not being derogatory, just a description)...
  5. H

Springfield MO area OC meet, greet and eat!

Would like to propose another one of these since we haven't had one in a while. I like to combine hobbies whenever possible, so since eating is one of my other favorite hobbies, let's get together at a restaurant somewhere. Chili's is a good choice, possibly Red Lobster or even chinese...
  6. H

Movie Theater Open Carry

I don't go to movies very often, but I am thinking about taking my 10 year old to see the newest "Xmen" movie tonight. I have never open carried in a movie theater and wonder if anyone else here has? i do know that there are no signs posted, but was just wondering about it.
  7. H

OFF TOPIC FROM OPEN CARRY, but would like y'alls opinion nonetheless

I enjoy shooting guns, all type of guns, from single shot derringers, to high-capacity firearms. I like pistols, rifles, carbines, shotguns etc. I do have them for protection also, but (thankfully) that particular use has not reared its ugly head in my life to date, so up to now, all of my...
  8. H

Car carry in OK? 21 and no CCW and traveling through. Is this permissible?

Getting read to take a trip through AZ and was wondering if a 21 year old with no CCW could legally vehicle carry through AZ?
  9. H

Car carry in NM? 21 and no CCW and traveling through. Is this permissible?

Getting read to take a trip through NM and was wondering if a 21 year old with no CCW could legally vehicle carry through NM?
  10. H

Car carry in TX? 21 and no CCW and traveling through. Is this permissible?

Getting read to take a trip through TX and was wondering if a 21 year old with no CCW could legally vehicle carry through OK?
  11. H

Car carry in OK? 21 and no CCW and traveling through. Is this permissible?

Getting read to take a trip through OK and was wondering if a 21 year old with no CCW could legally vehicle carry through OK?
  12. H

Hu hot...not

Hu Hot of Springfield is a criminal protected zone. Just FYI
  13. H

Open Carry in Bolivar

I attempted to reach the city clerk, but she was out today and the person that I reached said that I would have to call back Monday. I know that the law used to be that open carry was legal for ccw holders, but don't know if this has changed. Anyone know? Matt, you open carried there before...
  14. H

Senate Hearing on Firearm Commerce

duplicate post
  15. H

Coffee with the Chief

Heard about this on the news this morning. According to the news, the new Chief Of Police of Springfield will be having coffee at various shops around Springfield for the next few days and I was wondering if anyone was planning on joining him?
  16. H

Interesting Argument

Ok, this might be a bit lengthy, but bear with me and I will make this as succinct as I possibly can. A friend and I were talking about where we could carry open and where we had to carry concealed. This prompted me to begin studying the statutes again to see if I could define things a bit...
  17. H

Springfield mo meet, greet, eat!

Well, its around that time again where us Springfieldians (and the surrounding communities) need to meet up and hang out and fellowship. I picked out the last place, so I will let someone else do it this time, but I am certainly in the mood for some sushi (hint).
  18. H

Open Carry in Buffalo?

Just found out that I may need to frequent there and would like to know what the ordinances are if anyone has any insight.
  19. H

Open carry in liberty mo?

Anyone know the codes? Any one do it regularly?
  20. H

Stopped by the Wal Mart Greeter

Dropping by South Campbell Wal Mart for a few items last night. As I walked in, the greeter (an older lady reminded me of my grandmother...at least for a few seconds) asked me if I was an officer or detective. I said, "No, just a law abiding citizen" to which she rolled her eyes and said...