• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. H

The World's Largest Army. America's Hunters?

I got this from a Navy buddy. I haven't checked snopes and since I'm not a hunter, I have no idea if this article could be true. "Now you know why the liberal anti-gun group wants to take our guns away. They are scared of us. The World's Largest Army. America's Hunters? The state of...
  2. H

This will never happen in CA

Mr. Smith cruises through a stop sign and gets pulled over by a local policeman. He hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed carry permit. "Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, " I see your CCW permit. Are you carrying today?" "Yes, I am." "Well then...
  3. H

Neat little covert video recording pen

I was carrying a voice recorder when I UOC but this can do both. And almost indistinguishable as a video recorder. I'm thinking of getting one. Eddie
  4. H

An article by Chip Wood -

I found this article and was wondering if anyone has any comments? Question: "Does the Bill of Rights grant the people free speech, freedom of the press, the right to possess a weapon, etc?" Answer: "The Declaration of Independence, which provides the philosophical base of our nation, states...
  5. H

Bank encourages 2nd amendment

From the local newspaper in Chappell Hill, TX Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:59 AM CDT CHAPPELL HILL Any would-be robbers looking to walk into the bank here had best think twice. There's a new sign in town. About a month ago, Chappell Hill Bank president Edward Smith looked at a...
  6. H

Man stabs 28 children at kindergarten in China

imported post I know this might be OT but had to share this horrible incident. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100429/ap_on_re_as/as_china_students_attacked However, I also want to point out something in the story. A similar but deadlier incident happened two months ago. And here is part of it...
  7. H

Good reason to have a gun

imported post http://www.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/04/ohio-official-tells-residents-to-arm-themselves-amid-cuts/1
  8. H

Turkey hunter kills fellow hunter

imported post I read recently that a hunter shot another after mistaking movement in field. He though it was a turkey and killed his partner with a shot to the head. Article further states that turkey hunters weal camouflage, unlike other hunters that wear bright clothing. I don't' know where...
  9. H

Designate location using code

imported post Just curious. Why not have designated locations, be it a Starbucks, or other establishment, in code? For example, "Area 51" could be Starbucks at Capitol Exp./McLaughlin SJ Or. "Area Green 101" could be Starbucks at 1st and San Fernando. SJ Or."Area Zebra One" could be - (fill...
  10. H

OC experience CA, NV, UT and In-N-Out

imported post Drove last month from SJ to Utah. OC all the way except in UT where I concealed. Only stop in NV was in Winnemucca where I filled up and used the convenience store. No issues what so ever. Wore my G19. On return to SJ same stops, except spent the night in Winny. No issues again...
  11. H

Resident vs Non-Resident CFP question

imported post I checked out a site that will tell you which states will honor a Utah CFP. Before the answer comes up it asks: "Is your Utah Permit a Resident or non-Resident Permit?" You have to choose one before they show the states. I'm not a resident so I chose that option. It shows that 31...
  12. H

First time LOC

imported post Travelled to Utah last week, drove from San Jose, CA with UOC. As soon as I entered NV put mag in the G19 and OC. Filled up gas and used their convenience store in Winnemucca and no one screamed "MWG" or had women faint, or children run from me in panic. Nope, not a glance, no...
  13. H

Why no one invades Switzerland

imported post http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/754.html
  14. H

Why I have a Gun

imported post Why I Have a Gun My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'." I don't have a gun to kill people. I have a gun to keep from being...
  15. H

Ch 2 coverage of EPA cop comment

imported post Anyone see it tonight? I thought it was a fair and balanced view by Ch2. I'm sure it will be on you tube later.
  16. H

You gotta see these pictures from our brother/sister OCDC people

imported post correction OCDO I plan to be in Utah later this month. Hope to meet up with some of these awesome people. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=33043&forum_id=52&jump_to=570160#p570160
  17. H

Driving through NV on way to UT

imported post Please excuse if this has been discussed. I normally do not read NV forum. Mostly CA and UT. I have a UT CFP that is no good in CA or NV. But can I drive with UOC through NV? I plan to use 80 all the way. Will stop at Winnemucca for gas. As soon as I cross the state line at...
  18. H

unloaded gun in locked container

imported post Ok, I'm driving along when I'm lighted up for minor vehicle infraction. As the LEO goes to the right side of the car, he explains reason for stop. He notices container on seat next to me. Can he ask what's in it? Do I have to answer? If I say it's an unloaded gun in a locked...
  19. H

Looking for mini gun vault recommendation

imported post I see that Midway hastheir GV1000 on sale for $88.00. I was actually looking for one with finger print recognition. This model does not have that feature. Is the more expensive fingerprint recognition model worth it? I hear there may be some problems with battery life. Anyone...
  20. H

Holster with clip pouch

imported post I want to be absolutely sure that the clip holder can be attached to the holster. I'm thinking of ordering this holster, it looks well-made and the price is right. But the question of clip holder location is what I'm concerned about. Seeing that almost every OC person has their...