• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Al Sharpton's goons in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeInAZ

The tree lighting was outdoors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This was right after the then president of a MOC had been in the news for personal issues. IIRC? Factor that and the very cold weather (below freezing), how many people did you honestly expect to show. Keep playing games Phil, you're digging yourself in deeper...:rolleyes:

TheQ

This was right after the then president of a MOC had been in the news for personal issues. IIRC? Factor that and the very cold weather (below freezing), how many people did you honestly expect to show. Keep playing games Phil, you're digging yourself in deeper...:rolleyes:

I don't think it was below freezing that day -- but we are all Michiganders and have the ability to "dress warm". Most have heavy winter coats, unlike ppl in AZ?

I'm still waiting for that restaurant suggestion -- or have you emailed the SERegion team a suggestion? Or is it easier to gripe here?

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

They want to eliminate SYG. I'd say the impacts gun activist, wouldn't you?

I want my own winning lotto ticket. My chances of getting one pretty slim. However if I can get some group to go on the air and trash me for wanting something unrealistic, people may rally to my aid and send me money to buy said tickets.

My point is (which you fully understand) is you would do more damage to 2A supporters image in the press while rallying NAN's supporters to run to the rescue. Is that what you're trying to do? Sure seems like it. Good thing you were at a picnic instead. ;) Hey did the normal dozen people show up?

FreeInAZ

I don't think it was below freezing that day -- but we are all Michiganders and have the ability to "dress warm". Most have heavy winter coats, unlike ppl in AZ?

I'm still waiting for that restaurant suggestion -- or have you emailed the SERegion team a suggestion? Or is it easier to gripe here?

Again you hope that one can't be found. I and others see your true self shining through as always. Their have been indoor events they are always less attended, which seems to be what you want. ???

TheQ

I want my own winning lotto ticket. My chances of getting one pretty slim. However if I can get some group to go on the air and trash me for wanting something unrealistic, people may rally to my aid and send me money to buy said tickets.

My point is (which you fully understand) is you would do more damage to 2A supporters image in the press while rallying NAN's supporters to run to the rescue. Is that what you're trying to do? Sure seems like it. Good thing you were at a picnic instead. ;) Hey did the normal dozen people show up?

I fail to see the difference between Al's group and the moms. Maybe you could make it clear for me in black and white? Both are trying to do things MOC actively opposes:

Limit magazine sizes, semi-auto rifles
Repeal Stand Your ground.

Funny thing is, SYG was never raised in the Zimmerman case.

Last edited:

TheQ

Maybe you'd have us ignore "these" anti-gunners because the color if their skin?

Sorry, I don't pay much mind to race. Maybe you do?

FreeInAZ

Deflect, change subject, deflect, pose useless questions over & over again....

Sad... anyhow I'll play your game. Please tell me how protesting at their NAN rallies can make gunowners look better in the press???

TheQ

Deflect, change subject, deflect, pose useless questions over & over again....

Sad... anyhow I'll play your game. Please tell me how protesting at their NAN rallies can make gunowners look better in the press???

How does protesting moms make us look better?

Ever heard the saying: there's no such thing as bad press?

I've yet to see press coverage that hasn't increased our numbers. Anything we can do to increase awareness furthers out cause.

Maybe we should not counter any anti-gun rallies because what the liberal press will think? Maybe we shouldn't organize any public rallies because what the press will think?

Oh...wait.... http://www.fox47news.com/news/topstories/Gun-Groups-Push-Rights-at-BBQ-216343121.html?lc=Smart

I'm done with this conversation. Have a great day!

FreeInAZ

Don't go away butthurt...JUST GO AWAY... oh and there is such a thing as bad press, ask the last president of MOC, I am sure he shares my opinion on that.

:rolleyes:

Raggs

No it doesn't allow you to talk about Detroit when you have cities that have worse crime then Detroit. The only difference is they can't be measured in per 100,000 like Detroit so they stay off those records.
Not true, Flint and Detroit are numbers 1 and 2 most dangerous cities in the US.
edit- OK Wizzi01 is right about the crime stats, but people in NJ have the right to say whatever they want about Michigan cities just like Michiganders have the right to talk about how terrible California and Chicago are. - end edit

Is that an offer to set one up?

I thought you were the SE coordinator or assistant coordinator, am I mistaken? If not do you plan on setting up a picnic or something in Detroit?

Last Michigan Open Carry, Inc event held in the D was the 2011 tree lighting. 5 people showed. The attendance may have something to do with it. I was there, you still lived in MI at the time but the funny thing is I don't recall you being there, Jeff. Why is that?

Really Phil?

Because I was in the Hospital A$$hole fighting cancer.

I hope you are doing better.

yesterday at the picnic how many people of color showed up to the event? 4? It is clear that people of color is a group that there could be growth in if we could bring them in.

Last edited:

wizzi01

Raggs have you looked at the crime rate for the city of camden, nj with a population of just over 77,000?

DetroitBiker

29yh4c4.jpg

budlight

Just my opinion......but Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are out to make everything in life a racial issue. Why not just ignore these uneducated idiots? Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just my opinion......but Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are out to make everything in life a racial issue. Why not just ignore these uneducated idiots? Again, just my opinion.

i thin that's their job, right? I pretend they don't exist .. that way if they are walking across the street...:cool:

Ezerharden

I thought you were the SE coordinator or assistant coordinator, am I mistaken? If not do you plan on setting up a picnic or something in Detroit?

I am the assistant SE coordinator, but I have to rely on other members to help with setting up events. Contrary to what you may believe I do not travel the entire state of Michigan looking for places to set up events. Even with that, I do believe I have organized many more events than you. Have I set up any in Detroit? Nope. reason? I don't know Detroit, except the VA medical center there, and they are a gun free zone so they can't host one. But thank you for playing "lets blame others for things I won't do myself".

Now all that being said, I will work with anyone who wants to set up and host an event. I am not hard to get a hold of.

Raggs

I am the assistant SE coordinator, but I have to rely on other members to help with setting up events. Contrary to what you may believe I do not travel the entire state of Michigan looking for places to set up events. Even with that, I do believe I have organized many more events than you. Have I set up any in Detroit? Nope. reason? I don't know Detroit, except the VA medical center there, and they are a gun free zone so they can't host one. But thank you for playing "lets blame others for things I won't do myself".

Now all that being said, I will work with anyone who wants to set up and host an event. I am not hard to get a hold of.

I once posted an event that a coordinator set up and was raked across the coals, it made it clear that my input was frowned upon. Sadly I do want to see OC grow in Michigan so I still pass on ideas.

autosurgeon

I once posted an event that a coordinator set up and was raked across the coals, it made it clear that my input was frowned upon. Sadly I do want to see OC grow in Michigan so I still pass on ideas.

That is because MOC has a chain of command and it was not your place to post an event you did not setup. Any official MOC events are to go through the chain of command so there are not any double bookings or other mistakes made. Further official events are to be posted by either the region or local coordinator or their designee. This is so we have a handle on all of the postings so if there is a change we know all the places it must be announced and so we have control of all those places!

This is not intended to bash anyone but is simply how we do things. Once an event is posted officially there is no issue with linking it or emailing it to friends. However we do ask that no changes be made. And remember the original post might change so a link is always best.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

Evil Creamsicle

Because the uneducated idiots that we're trying to educate will listen to these uneducated idiots if we don't educate them first. Then we'll end up with a whole slew of uneducated idiots who are also miseducated idiots because they've been miseducated by other uneducated idiots. This educational post brought to you by the number 0 and the letter C.

Status
Not open for further replies.