• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC get together?

spyderdude

imported post

ainfantry7 wrote:
murphyslaw wrote:
I could meet ya at the gate or something if you need.....
If you could do that I could make it for sure...I'll send you a PM too.
Well since Murphy can't make it, I could meet you at the Boniface gate, you are on Elmendorf right? . Send me a PM if you're interested.

Congrats on the promotion Murphy!

Flintlock

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
Me, Akhunter3, Ainfantry7, and Murphyslaw

I still wanna know where Rabid and Flintlock are.
I am still here fellas. I have periods where I am here quite often and others when I am away for awhile, particularly in the summertime when I am out playing. I cannot make this meet due to some previously scheduled plans but I do hope to make it to a future meet.ahunter3 is the only one from the forum I have met and I agree that we should have some more meets and grow our group as much as we can.

A side note: I am not convinced it is illegal to open carry in establishments that serve alcohol. There is no specific law against it and we are just going off of a concealed carry law. There are no specificanti-open carry laws from the information I have personally reviewed. I will eventually seek a legal opinion from the Attorney's General office.

Additionally, this web site has listed it as legal in our state (although I realize we must check the laws ourself) and I have seen others carry in alcohol serving restaurants such as Moose's Tooth, etc.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

The law is CC focused.

states you can not carry while in a restaurant that serves alcohol and the carrier is drinking.

as long as you have a Pepsi you are ok.

ainfantry7

imported post

Hey, just wanted to make sure it was on. I'm bringing a buddy along, and someone else is going to drop us off, so hope to see you soon.

spyderdude

imported post

Just wanted to say it was nice to have four people show up, we are indeed growing. The food was good, the company was good! Next time we should go shooting.

akhunter3

imported post

Hey! Missed you guys on Sat., what happened? If Jesse got out to the shoot in Palmer I'd love to hear how it went.

What kind of J-Frame did you get Jon?

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

Yeah sorry about that Jon. We sort of got turned around trying to get to Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla LOL! Then we went to Taco Bell, and I forgot to call you, plus I had to work that night and had to get back to Anchorage.

I picked up a lightly used S&W 642. I was either looking for that or a 12 gauge shotgun.

akhunter3

imported post

S'all good, no big deal. We ended up eating at Chilies and then I got a call from one of my buddies who lives out there.

The 642 a good deal?

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

I picked it up for $395, which is the lowest price I have seen. Maybe I could have purchased a brand new one for that much or less, but this one looks like it has not been shot very much.

ainfantry7

imported post

Hey, sorry it's been a while. I don't have the internet right now...

The dinner was great, I did have a little trouble finding you all. I loved my Buffalo Chicken Sandwitch BTW...The gun show was great, I ended up going both days.

Oh, and that new G34 is extrememly accurate! I was making some great double taps on those targets.

I ended up getting 6th place out of like 24 seasoned IDPA shooters! Pretty good for the first time. My buddy Chris came in last though. He's not much of a pistol shooter though...We had a great time there, they have another on the 31st if any of you would like to go. Also on the 1st of Feb. they have a USPSA match. Just give me a call. Or PM, and I'll get it sometime...

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

My IDPA schedule has been thrown off since the shut down for the HVAC renovation. Going to try and make it out for the Sunday shoot. Have to do some Armed tactics training for work and need to brush up on my shooting.

akhunter3

imported post

ainfantry7 wrote:
Hey, sorry it's been a while. I don't have the internet right now...

The dinner was great, I did have a little trouble finding you all. I loved my Buffalo Chicken Sandwitch BTW...The gun show was great, I ended up going both days.

Oh, and that new G34 is extrememly accurate! I was making some great double taps on those targets.

I ended up getting 6th place out of like 24 seasoned IDPA shooters! Pretty good for the first time. My buddy Chris came in last though. He's not much of a pistol shooter though...We had a great time there, they have another on the 31st if any of you would like to go. Also on the 1st of Feb. they have a USPSA match. Just give me a call. Or PM, and I'll get it sometime...

Sounds like quite the time! 6th place ehh? Haha I should have gone, maybe Chris could have beat me:shock:

Might have to see if I can get the 31st off so I can make the next match:celebrate

Jon

akhunter3

imported post

Nope:X I was looking for a specific, 1 AND 2 point sling for the AR, and they didn't have it. Didn't have any P-mags either.

They did have a couple decent rifles, but I didn't have the cash:?

Thanks for the directions, btw. I've driven past their new store 5-10 times and never knew it was there.

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

Ah, I went with a single point sling for my AR15. Comes in handy when you want to switch to your sidearm in a hurry, and still be able to keep the rifle at the ready. The only thing is, when you're walking around, and you need your hands for other tasks, the rifle does flop around, but I don't do much of that. I got it from AK Tactical.

MP15Current-1.jpg