• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC get together?

akhunter3

imported post

Yep, that's why I want to get a 1/2 point interchangeable, when I start doing crap, go to 2 point and throw it over the back.

Your AR's looking nice, I've got a red dot and forward handle on mine, I'll be ordering the final parts next week (sling and replacement pistol grip)

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

Ok back on topic. I have been wanting to get all of us together for an open carry meet. I am able and willing to take time out of my sleep schedule to make it. I normally work nights and I seriously doubt we'd meet up after 10PM. An OC dinner and/or movie at a theater sounds like fun, or we can go to the range if its not too cold. I know for many of you guys here in Anchortown, your schedules change quickly without much warning. If we can all at least take a few hours out of our busy schedules to make this happen, that would be awesome! Come on guys, what say you!?

spyderdude

imported post

Seems like nobody else wants to make it happen. I would like to get an idea of everyones schedule so WE can work something around that. I mean if you guys aren't interested that's cool too. Seems I am the only one that brings up the idea of getting together again. :(

Rabid SA-XD

imported post

not there right now, otherwise i would be down, as i lost muh job last month, anyone got a good lead on a job for an unemployed warehouse manager?

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

my normal schedule is Saturday afternoon thru Wed morning. I only have a std. 4 day work week, BUT I work when ever the phone rings. and Since I am now a supervisor, it seems to ring more often. anything out of those 4 days I could try to plan with.

Flintlock

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
Seems like nobody else wants to make it happen. I would like to get an idea of everyones schedule so WE can work something around that. I mean if you guys aren't interested that's cool too. Seems I am the only one that brings up the idea of getting together again. :(
I would like to go but my workschedule is bizarre. If it is workable, I am game, for sure. Starting March 9th, I will be Monday through Friday, normal working hours for six weeks. Prior to that, you would have to let me know the date and I can check my work schedule and see if I can.

Thanks for scheduling.

spyderdude

imported post

I hope everyone had a safe and uneventful winter season. Summer is almost upon us once again, time to get out and do some shooting! Who's up to the task of putting together a range day?

akhunter3

imported post

Probably wouldn't hurt to check out everyone schedule. I'm slam-booked until end of April. Once May hits I'm kinda-sorta free until the 21st. After that it looks like I'll be out of state for six weeks.

You still going on a trip to the 48 Jon?

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

Well I myself work 3 nights a week, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I usually like to go to the range on Wednesdays or Thursdays because both Birchwood and Rabbit Creek are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. On weekends I can almost guarantee you the ranges are busy.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

spyderdude wrote:
Well I myself work 3 nights a week, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I usually like to go to the range on Wednesdays or Thursdays because both Birchwood and Rabbit Creek are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. On weekends I can almost guarantee you the ranges are busy.
We are hiring right now, should call the office and bug 'em

spyderdude

imported post

I've been working for Guardian Security for just over a year now. Unfortunately due to my physical limitations, I am only able to do the laid back posts. I thought about carrying pepper spray since I can't carry a gun, even though both my posts are low risk of experiencing trouble.

Murphy where is the Securitas office located again?