• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Boycott of Starbucks planned for Valentine's Day...

Kivuli

My whole squad started our day at Starbucks today. Nary an anti-gunner in sight, but I saw plenty of normal everyday people there. I doubt they'll have much of an impact.

Last edited:

rodbender

Went to my local Starbuck's (Bastrop, Tx) and paid with $2 bills. The girl behind the counter says that a lot of people were paying with $2 bills today. I told her what it was all about and she says, "Cool, that is so cool!" The older lady behind me says, with a very disgusted tone, "You're kidding , right?". I looked her dead in the eye and said, "No ma'am, I'm not". Told the girl that I would be back, then turned to leave.

Last edited:

Jack House

Went to my local Starbuck's (Bastrop, Tx) and paid with $2 bills. The girl behind the counter says that a lot of people were paying with $2 bills today. I told her what it was all about and she says, "Cool, that is so cool!" The older lady behind me says, with a very disgusted tone, "You're kidding , right?". I looked her dead in the eye and said, "No ma'am, I'm not". Told the girl that I would be back, then turned to leave.
If you were going to hit up our Starbucks, you should have sent me a PM. We coulda had a coffee or somethin. :p

Edit: And yes, our Starbucks ladies are very cool. Some are pretty cute to boot. *nods*

Last edited:

rodbender

If you were going to hit up our Starbucks, you should have sent me a PM. We coulda had a coffee or somethin. :p

Edit: And yes, our Starbucks ladies are very cool. Some are pretty cute to boot. *nods*

I'll be going again today. If you PM a phone# and how much time you need to get there, I'll call when I'm headed that way.

Dreamer

Just for everyone's information, Starbucks stock closed yesterday at $48.41 and opened today at $49.20.

I bet Starbucks Corporate wished that NGVAC would boycott them more often. Their boycott gave them tens of thousands of dollars in new sales from new customers, and drove their stock up nearly $1 per share. You can't BUY that kind of successful publicity even with an award-winning ad campaign...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just for everyone's information, Starbucks stock closed yesterday at $48.41 and opened today at $49.20.

I bet Starbucks Corporate wished that NGVAC would boycott them more often. Their boycott gave them tens of thousands of dollars in new sales from new customers, and drove their stock up nearly $1 per share. You can't BUY that kind of successful publicity even with an award-winning ad campaign...

Maybe we should all be buying Starbucks stock.

That wouldn't be insider trading would it? :lol: