• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arts Beats and Eats

DetroitBiker

He showed up for MGO`s annual picnic last month,talked to us about standing up for our 2nd ammendment rights. MGO-PAC supported him in his primary race. Maybe,just maybe he will show some Love back.

PDinDetroit

Photo Journalism Shoot

I am back from the Photo Journalism Shoot, which I feel went extremely well.

My daughter and I met with the photographer in front of City Hall where we meet prior to and after the City Commission meetings. I spent about 10 minutes discussing Open Carry and the current issue with the Unlawful No Firearms provision of the ABE Contract. At first, the Photo Journalist was asking "Is That Legal?" and "Why would you do THAT?".

NOTE: I was Open Carrying the entire time for this event. I was also carrying my recorder on a lanyard around my neck and explained to the Photo Journalist why we carry it (with examples discussed from Warren and Marysville).

We went to Breuggers Bagels to get some bagels, many people took notice of the photographer and what we were doing. No issues, many looks, nothing negative.

Walked across Main Street to Starbucks to get some coffee, many people took notice of the photographer and what we were doing. No issues, many looks, nothing negative. I had several conversations both inside and just outside Starbucks about Open Carry, the Unlawful Contract Provision, and the Photo Journalism Shoot. One young lady was smiling at me the whole time and a Concealed Carrier now knows that Open Carry is legal and will now be coming here to get more information.

Walked down Main Street to Astoria Bakery, where I introduced the Photo Journalist to some of the best desserts around. No issues and the 2 gentlemen behind the counter were completely for it with Law Enforcement and Military Members in their families.

Walked across Main Street to the Salvation Army Store, my daughter's favorite store to pick up clothes cheap. No issues, many looks, nothing negative.

We ended the Photo Journalism Shoot just before 1 PM. I provided other background information all throughout the time, letting him know generically about my "bio". The Photo Journalist said at the end "Looks like you have done your research and the city will have to change the contract provisions". He admitted that he wished there was no need for self-protection, but he knows what reality is. I believe I may have been able to influence him to be less anti, although I do not believe he will be carrying anytime soon.

I am glad I had this week off from work so I could work on this important effort. No words can express the gratitude I feel for those whom are working together for this effort. I have never been so proud to be an American, with my fellow Americans standing with me.

FatboyCykes

I am back from the Photo Journalism Shoot, which I feel went extremely well.

My daughter and I met with the photographer in front of City Hall where we meet prior to and after the City Commission meetings. I spent about 10 minutes discussing Open Carry and the current issue with the Unlawful No Firearms provision of the ABE Contract. At first, the Photo Journalist was asking "Is That Legal?" and "Why would you do THAT?".

NOTE: I was Open Carrying the entire time for this event. I was also carrying my recorder on a lanyard around my neck and explained to the Photo Journalist why we carry it (with examples discussed from Warren and Marysville).

We went to Breuggers Bagels to get some bagels, many people took notice of the photographer and what we were doing. No issues, many looks, nothing negative.

Walked across Main Street to Starbucks to get some coffee, many people took notice of the photographer and what we were doing. No issues, many looks, nothing negative. I had several conversations both inside and just outside Starbucks about Open Carry, the Unlawful Contract Provision, and the Photo Journalism Shoot. One young lady was smiling at me the whole time and a Concealed Carrier now knows that Open Carry is legal and will now be coming here to get more information.

Walked down Main Street to Astoria Bakery, where I introduced the Photo Journalist to some of the best desserts around. No issues and the 2 gentlemen behind the counter were completely for it with Law Enforcement and Military Members in their families.

Walked across Main Street to the Salvation Army Store, my daughter's favorite store to pick up clothes cheap. No issues, many looks, nothing negative.

We ended the Photo Journalism Shoot just before 1 PM. I provided other background information all throughout the time, letting him know generically about my "bio". The Photo Journalist said at the end "Looks like you have done your research and the city will have to change the contract provisions". He admitted that he wished there was no need for self-protection, but he knows what reality is. I believe I may have been able to influence him to be less anti, although I do not believe he will be carrying anytime soon.

I am glad I had this week off from work so I could work on this important effort. No words can express the gratitude I feel for those whom are working together for this effort. I have never been so proud to be an American, with my fellow Americans standing with me.

Inspiring!

Thanks PD!

B

Bikenut

Yooperlady and I spoke with a Detroit Free Press reporter for quite some time this afternoon on the phone. Thanks to PDinDetroit for contact info!

Yooperlady's impressions were that the interview went well and the reporter was impressed with her "woman's" perspective on OC. I think Yooperlady did an exceptionally fine job of presenting her beliefs and viewpoints.

My impressions are the same as Yooperlady's... the interview went well and many truthful points in favor of open carry were conveyed. Plus many points about the illegality of the Arts Beats and Eats festival in cahoots with the Royal Oak council in their attempt to ban guns were also made.

Never give up folks... it is difficult to go against those who think they own the city, village, township, county, State, and Country and think they can usurp rights under the guise of what they think is their authority... but it can be done.

sasha601

It would be nice if Mike Cox were to show up at the next commission meeting and give the City Attorney his opinion on this matter.

Actually, I called Mr. Cox office yesterday. I spoke to his aid by the name Griffin. Usually, AGs are not quick to correct any laws (or City/ABE contract in this case) because they wait for the issue to go through due process (courts).

So, I presented this to him in a different way. I pointed out that people who live and/or work in the buildings with entrances facing public streets leased to ABE would have their right to possess firearms suspend for duration of the festival if "No Firearms" clause is allowed to stand. The very least these people will be in jeopardy of unlawful arrest. I pointed out that this clause effectively creates a zone in the city where residents are going to be in violation of the law as soon as a person steps out of the house on the public street and in possession of the firearm. And, this is not necessarily to walk around at the festival, but to go about for self defense, to go to gun range, to gunsmith, etc. I pointed out that this, indeed, should be considered as an emergency. I asked AG to intervene directly as he is allowed, and, perhaps, obligated to do in certain situations. Please call Mr. Cox as well.

Taurus850CIA

This has been incredible, folks. I'm proud to see such an effort from a great group of people. I can't tell you all how it stings to have to watch it all from so far away. Keep it up! You're not just opening the sheeps' eyes to the freedoms of firearms, you're opening them to the true sense of Freedom! super dancing banana.gif

B

Bikenut

I had the same result. Nevermind, I just hit the refresh button. 5 votes for, 6 votes not in favor. Seems that there should more than a total of 11 votes.

The poll that the link took me too showed 1147 votes so far...

60% said "yes"
39% said "no"
1% said "not sure"