• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault Weapons Bill

Tactical9mm

Another example of the limited critical thinking skills our liberal friends employ......there is a third possibility, and the one that is true. The Constitution is a legal document that restricts the GOVERNMENT and the only way to change that document is by a 2/3rds majority vote of the PEOPLE. Until such time as it is amended by that LEGAL option, the document is to be taken LITERALLY, as it is written, in black and white. It is not to be "interpreted" by whatever political party is in power at the time, and it is definitely not to be changed without a vote by the states, nor circumvented to avoid that process. Something your beloved leader can't seem to get through his head, nor the people of his mentality he surrounds himself with.

You saved me the effort of having to reply to that post directly. Excellently stated.

To comment on the subject of this thread, there will be NO federal "gun-control" legislation that will pass at this time. A simple tally of the votes in the House, and in the Senate brings me to that conclusion. (Several recent search-engine searches on that topic will validate that statement).

In two years we can re-evaluate that statement after the next election cycle.

If "anything" is going to be done NOW, it will only be done via an Executive order from the President.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

I am not under the impression that the Government we currently have is what the Founding Fathers intended. Their intent ought to be noted, and we ought to pave our own way.

Either the Constitution is a relic, and not applicable to our day, or the Constitution is a living breathing document that changes with society--I think it the latter.

So rather than be a Constitutional Republic, you would do as the Master MDI and circumvent that old document as you convert the nation past a Democracy into a Dictatorship.

Beretta92FSLady

So rather than be a Constitutional Republic, you would do as the Master MDI and circumvent that old document as you convert the nation past a Democracy into a Dictatorship.

I am not arguing for us not to be a Constitutional Republic; Interpreting the Constitution does not make it any less a Constitutional Republic.

We are not moving towards a Dictatorship, we aren't even close to being a Dictatorship--fear-mongering BS, IMO.

You run into issue when you start making statement that are off the wall, such as: We are becoming a Dictatorship. Once you jump ship into tinfoil hat land, there is not much of discussion to be made about what is actually going on in America, and with our Government.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
I am not arguing for us not to be a Constitutional Republic; Interpreting the Constitution does not make it any less a Constitutional Republic.

We are not moving towards a Dictatorship, we aren't even close to being a Dictatorship--fear-mongering BS, IMO.

You run into issue when you start making statement that are off the wall, such as: We are becoming a Dictatorship. Once you jump ship into tinfoil hat land, there is not much of discussion to be made about what is actually going on in America, and with our Government.

Someone from "tinfoil hat land" has more common sense than a Statist POS like you who has no idea what the hell The Constituiton was supposed to PROTECT and FROM WHOM.

Why don't you go back in the closet.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Someone from "tinfoil hat land" has more common sense than a Statist POS like you who has no idea what the hell The Constituiton was supposed to PROTECT and FROM WHOM.

Oh dear, you just called me a Statist, that's rare.

Don't get all worked up, nobody is coming for your guns, nor religion....just yet.

BTW, "the Constitution WAS SUPPOSED to..." is subjective nonsense. There is a general understanding, and consensus what the Constitution is intended to do, nothing specifically can be derived from a Document that was put together in a compromising fashion; if it was the case, that we could pin down, and derive specific intents from the Constitution, I still say: The Founding Fathers views are noted, but ought not be respected beyond their outdated social Norms, and the role the Constitution plays in dealing with modern day society.

The AWB that we will see soon enough, will not go as far as the AWB of the early nineties. Gun dealers are most certainly making hand over fist in this climate of fear-mongering.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

Let your own words show the level of your deception!

Either the Constitution is a relic, and not applicable to our day, or the Constitution is a living breathing document that changes with society--I think it the latter.

The ability to amend something does not make it right to admend it at will.

To have the ability to correct for mistakes or oversights is a very good thing, and a few of the Amendments after the first 10, actually can be considered as being within that limitation. The 18th Amendment was a prime example of a few appearing to be the majority, acting at will based upon emotion, that created much discontent within the Nation. Eventually it was repealed, however the act of it to begin with was a gross miscarriage of the Constitutional Purpose, as are many of the laws that you support.

To simply change things at will based upon the desires of what is seen as a majority, is the type of evil that the Federalists warned us against with their statements regarding the ills against society that a domestic faction (read that as political party) can do. I do not support any of the political parties, however, of them the Democrats are the worst when it comes to their destructiveness against Freedom, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Prosperity.

I do notice that you did not even try to deny our now being a lowly Democracy, rather than the Once Great Constitutional Republic that we once were.

A decline in status that occured with the Ratification of the 17th Amendment, when the Several Soveriegn States were stripped of their Voice in Congress and that voice was given to the Voters within those Several States.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Let your own words show the level of your deception!

The ability to amend something does not make it right to admend it at will.

To have the ability to correct for mistakes or oversights is a very good thing, and a few of the Amendments after the first 10, actually can be considered as being within that limitation. The 18th Amendment was a prime example of a few appearing to be the majority, acting at will based upon emotion, that created much discontent within the Nation. Eventually it was repealed, however the act of it to begin with was a gross miscarriage of the Constitutional Purpose, as are many of the laws that you support.

However, to simply change things at will based upon the desires of what is seen as a majority, is the type of evil that the Federalists warned us against with their statements regarding the ills against society that a domestic faction (read that as political party) can do. I do not support any of the political parties, however, of them the Democrats are the worst when it comes to their destructiveness against Freedom, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Prosperity.

I do notice that you did not even try to deny our now being a lowly Democracy, rather than the Once Great Constitutional Republic that we once were.
A decline is status that occured with the Ratification of the 17th Amendment, when the Several Soveriegn States were stripped of their Voice in Congress and that voice was given to the Voters within those Several States.

I'm not refuting that the Constitution outlines a 'how to' on adding Amendments to the Constitution.

I am talking about the Constitution as it relates to existing, and future Laws, and their constitutionality.

We are a Republic, and a Democracy. We are still a Republic; get a grip.

Apparently the Seventeenth Amendment is Constitutional; if you believe it's not, that's your Right.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

snipped ~~ We are still a Republic ~~ snipped

Show me where our Several Sovereign States have their Voice in Congress?

Telling me that Senators fill that bill is showing your lack of understanding of what the Republic was/is supposed to be.

We are no longer that Republic as the States may establish their own internal Laws, but the State Legislators no longer have a Voice in Congress! That voice was taken away from them and given to the Citizens of the Several States!

Therefore, only the Citizens have the ability to elect those who go to Congress, and there is little to no means to recall any of the crooks.

Prior to the 17th, the Legislatures of the Several Sovereign States or the Governors of the States -depending upon how the State governed itself, appointed the Senators to represent the needs of the State, and if that Senator did not live up to their State assigned duties or responsibilities as the State saw it, they were subject to recall and replacement by their States!

Look at the crock of crap that those who think in the Democratic mind-set have forced upon us all, due to an emotional desire of control.

Since that act! We lost our status as a Republic because THE PEOPLE elect all of the representatives and senators, THE STATES no longer have any say.

Beretta92FSLady

Show me where our Several Sovereign States have their Voice in Congress?

Telling me that Senators fill that bill is showing your lack of understanding of what the Republic was/is supposed to be.

We are no longer that Republic as the States may establish their own internal Laws, but the State Legislators no longer have a Voice in Congress! That voice was taken away from them and given to the Citizens of the Several States!

Therefore, only the Citizens have the ability to elect those who go to Congress, and there is little to no means to recall any of the crooks.

Prior to the 17th, the Legislatures of the Several Sovereign States or the Governors of the States -depending upon how the State governed itself, appointed the Senators to represent the needs of the State, and if that Senator did not live up to their State assigned duties or responsibilities as the State saw it, they were subject to recall and replacement by their States!

Look at the crock of crap that those who think in the Democratic mind-set have forced upon us all, due to an emotional desire of control.

Since that act! We lost our status as a Republic because THE PEOPLE elect all of the representatives and senators, THE STATES no longer have any say.

I don't agree with the premise, though, none of the states that make up the United States, are sovereign--with that aside-- the Senate, and the House, are Democratically elected, and function as a Republican form of Government.

F the states, it ought to be left to THE PEOPLE. The stated haven't exactly been a beacon of Liberty for The People.

Here's one idea on Republic, and Democracy: http://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm

Last edited:

georg jetson

Whoa!! Relax there fella. If you don't want to engage in the conversation then don't. Calling someone names has no place in a reasonable discussion. Beretta92SFLady may have some misplaced ideas, but she's always respectful when presenting them.

BTW - I think she gets a bit of satisfaction from getting people's goat.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Whoa!! Relax there fella. If you don't want to engage in the conversation then don't. Calling someone names has no place in a reasonable discussion. Beretta92SFLady may have some misplaced ideas, but she's always respectful when presenting them.

BTW - I think she gets a bit of satisfaction from getting people's goat.

Shhh.

Seriously, I have been on forums for years, chatting with individuals whom I rarely agree with--Republicans--and for the life of me, I can't seem to agree with much of what Republicans, Conservatives hold dear to their little black hearts:p

Beretta92FSLady

Still, backers are hopeful, noting that a ban on high-capacity magazines -- which have been involved in many of the recent high-profile instances of mass gun violence -- would be a smaller concession for gun-rights advocates than a broader assault weapons ban. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/high-capacity-magazines-bill_n_2376838.html

I just found this little nugget of information. As an alternative to the AWB...it's possible. Democrats are acknowledging, by this move, that any AWB is a waste of time.

I look forward to watching all those fearful millions of folks paying top dollar for AR-style rifles left with a rifle that is worth less when everyone realizes that the end of the world isn't coming through a AWB.

Jeff. State

Banned
. Beretta92SFLady may have some misplaced ideas, but she's always respectful when presenting them.

Just so long as a rapist talks nicely to you during the act there in nothing to get upset about.

You go ahead and "respect" her, and I will recognize and call out her Statist ideology that leads to Genocide every single time it prevails. 260+ million people murdered by their own Govts. in the 20th century prove my point about the "lady" and her ideals.

I honestly cant see why someone who is OPENLY anti 2nd Amendment is on this site. If I were I mod, I would ban her in a heartbeat.

Beretta92FSLady

Just so long as a rapist talks nicely to you during the act there in nothing to get upset about.

You go ahead and "respect" her, and I will recognize and call out her Statist ideology that leads to Genocide every single time it prevails. 260+ million people murdered by their own Govts. in the 20th century prove my point about the "lady" and her ideals.

I honestly cant see why someone who is OPENLY anti 2nd Amendment is on this site. If I were I mod, I would ban her in a heartbeat.

You're comparing a discussion to being raped--interesting. Sorry, I didn't mean to rape you.

I encourage any mod that can ban me, to ban me.

I own firearms, I OC every day, I believe in the Second Amendment; if you don't like it, there's a fancy little Ignore button you can always hit, if you prefer choir preaching posts.

I don't think anyone needs to be reminded that genocide happens. We are far from a form of Government that lines individuals up, and executes them. Let's play the imaginary game though, say we do have a Government that wants to do that, there wouldn't be much you could do about, either line up and be killed, or fight for your so-called Liberty, and be killed.

Nobody could honestly state, at the time, that they didn't know Hitler was a madman...Mein Kampf came out before he was in control. I'm sure that rather thick book was lost in the discussion for the sake of fear mongering rhetoric...I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
"Lady" I suggest you erase your sig line, "OC for life". You wont be much longer if what you PROMOTE is allowed to pass.