• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auto Zone employee fired for armed resistance

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think that you missed a key piece of information. The company is a Transit Co. that is owned by the local municipality. To bar people from carrying on the buses or in the building is equal to the city banning guns in parks.

My bad, sorry. I was relating to Auto Zone property.

Need more coffee, make eyes go wider = see more.

AtackDuck

Went to NAPA today

Talked to the boys at NAPA, King George, about the AutoZone debacle. They got a good laugh when I told them I was sending a copy of the $110 receipt to AutoZone with an explanation. (Got complimented on the OC S&W439 in a Galco.)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Protest coming

From Va-Alert of 12/4

THE PROTESTS

VCDL will hold a protest at 3 different Autozone locations in the next couple of weeks: Yorktown, Colonial Heights (regional manager's location), and Hopewell. VCDL will get some signs printed up for protesters to hold while standing in front of the stores. Our goal will be to inform the public about Autozone's shameful treatment of a hero, putting policy before the safety of customers and workers.

*** Once the dates for the protests have been set, I will advise you here in VA-ALERT so you can participate ***

JoeSparky

Centurion
What if----the former employee was really in on the robbery as an insider and did what he did to deceive? Now I've Got no evidence of this just thinking "what if".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What if----the former employee was really in on the robbery as an insider and did what he did to deceive? Now I've Got no evidence of this just thinking "what if".

Than Danny Diggs who is probably the sharpest law enforcement official in the state....probably wouldn't have called him a hero.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

What if the manager was behind it?

What if there had been another armed BG just outside the door?

What if you had been there?

What if Danny Diggs were not the Sheriff there?

Frankly, I hate "what if" scenarious except for legitimate training purposes and yes as a mental exercise in so included.

Please don't take any of this personally. You were just free thinking so I did the same. (*presently slapping my hand*) :)

JoeSparky

Centurion
Nope, too late! I already did take it personally.... NOT!

I am fairly certain the investigators of the incident did not do a thorough investigation if they didn't include this as a possibility. Carry on!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

I am fairly certain the investigators of the incident did not do a thorough investigation if they didn't include this as a possibility. Carry on!

You're right. I doubt they didn't do any investigation. I think this fellow had robbed around 30 businesses and I'll bet the Autozone employee was the mastermind in each one.:eek:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

You're right. I doubt they didn't do any investigation. I think this fellow had robbed around 30 businesses and I'll bet the Autozone employee was the mastermind in each one.:eek:

But, but.......what if the butler did it? :p

The auto zone employee's actions appears to have contributed to ending that crime spree. He was in the right place at the right time and took corrective action.

We need a sign: Gun Free - Victims Welcome Zone

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
But, but.......what if the butler did it? :p

The auto zone employee's actions appears to have contributed to ending that crime spree. He was in the right place at the right time and took corrective action.

We need a sign: Gun Free - Victims Welcome Zone

az-2.jpg

OC for ME

Now now, we should not paint a group too broadly. By "protesting" in front of various stores we are "implying" that the management in those stores, and by extension their lowly-defenseless-expendable-drone employees, agree with the policy of corporate. We here on OCDO do not condone the painting of a group, typically referred to as "bashing."

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Now now, we should not paint a group too broadly. By "protesting" in front of various stores we are "implying" that the management in those stores, and by extension their lowly-defenseless-expendable-drone employees, agree with the policy of corporate. We here on OCDO do not condone the painting of a group, typically referred to as "bashing."

zone5.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Some were humorous ... maybe meant as such....anyway I need a new battery and I won't be going to auto zone!

Well I am.

I know the Managers at the two stores I use and I want them to tell the District Manager why I went to NAPA.