• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being yelled at while carrying!!

The Big Guy

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in the Quad Cities. The Iowa Firearms Coalition, formerly Iowa Carry, spent a lot of resources to get shall issue in Iowa. Now that it is the law of the land there is a push to change all of the silly laws, such as not being able to carry on a snowmobile. Tweaking the shall issue law is a goal, there have been some bills introduced that reduce the issuance date to be no later than 5 days after application, but they don't seem to be making a lot of progress with all the political shenanigans. This is all because some county sheriffs, specifically the Linn and Polk county sheriffs, are using the 30 day limit to issue a permit as a required waiting period. They make sure that the permits are in the mail on the last possible legal day, no earlier, no sooner. Constitutional Carry is always on the burner, but finding support for it proves to always be tough. The elimination of the permit to acquire pistols and revolvers would be a nice bill to see passed.

There are quite a few bills regarding firearms in the houses. If you take a look at the Who's, What's and Where's of the bills you will see the senate is clearly trying to take away rights and the house is clearly trying to restore them. It will be a long arduous fight, but it looks like things should go our way.

If you haven't heard about that shooting in council bluffs, a man attempted to avoid confrontation at a bar by leaving. After he left, was followed, again tried to de-escalate the situation, failed and was struck. He fired a single, fatal, shot and was charged with murder. Now, months later, the grand jury decided not to indite him. It will be interesting to see how the anti's take this.

I find it hard to believe they still have the permit to aquire still in force. With instant background check, seems a waste of time and money.

What about making changes via ballet initiative?

TBG

MR Redenck

Sounds like the story has great police dispatching involved. Thats something we should all admire.
The idiot yelling should have been arrested for criminal mischief. Being loud, threatening, and making false complaints should land idiots in jail.
I often wonder why we dont see people getting fined or arrested for making false reports to 911 about OMGMWAG!!! Those people create public fear and fright. " They are the ones who should be arrested".
If someone acted like that at my business, I will throw their ass out.

Difdi

We do try to have a once a month open carry lunch. I guess we could start a once a month open carry grocery shopping meet up to protest those laws. We can carry pamphlets with the YOU CAN'T JUST CARRY A GUN AND GET GROCERIES NRS. I believe the number is O-U812.

Well, technically, it IS true that you can't just carry a gun and get groceries. Generally, you'd need to carry some money too. :p